Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-31-2006, 06:27 PM   #16
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Lets Kwame develop at best he would be a
12 ppg
9 rpg
1bpg
guy and thats enough for me..
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:29 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
This brings up another interesting comment... if you have a strategy on how to acquire a top player (i.e. the 2 year plan), why the heck would you publically advertise it? Anyone wonder why Amare and Yao were so quickly locked up?

I always that that it was just plain stupid for the Lakers management to let that one out. It should have been team confidential only....

Imagine if corporations acted like that?

Its the player's decision. Its not like they were freaked out when they heard We were interested and decided to sign the extensions. They simply just want to stay there. Besides if the lakers dont show they are interested they would have signed with their teams quicker for security. I mean shoot if I had a quick chance to become a multimillionare I would take it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #18
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Its the player's decision. Its not like they were freaked out when they heard We were interested and decided to sign the extensions. They simply just want to stay there. Besides if the lakers dont show they are interested they would have signed with their teams quicker for security. I mean shoot if I had a quick chance to become a multimillionare I would take it.

I agree. If a Yao or an Amare get $80mil offered to them they're gonna probably accept it instantly, but knowing that the Lakers will have $ in a year and they have interest in one of them, they might forgo that money and wait for next year if they really wanted to play for LA or if the situation in their respective teams was not pleasant. But it the lakers don't make their plan known the yao and amares just think maybe Buss is tryna be like Sterling & not spend $, not that they're waiting for that big name.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:04 AM   #19
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

I would think that the reason why the Los Angeles Lakers extended Kwame Brown was to give him confidence. The extension of his contract meant that the Los Angeles Lakers have faith in him which should boost his confidence. It shows that the Los Angeles Lakers believe in him.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
I would think that the reason why the Los Angeles Lakers extended Kwame Brown was to give him confidence. The extension of his contract meant that the Los Angeles Lakers have faith in him which should boost his confidence. It shows that the Los Angeles Lakers believe in him.

So ur saying were gonna waive him in a few days then?

lol jk

But I think the 3 years is so we can have a garunteed big man that can play while waiting for Bynum to develop.

If Bynum starts becoming the player we expect him to, you can say goodbye to brown.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:09 AM   #21
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So you dont think that the GM's of those teams knew that the Lakers would target their star in two years and that because they knew that, that they were determined to lock up their players? In both cases, these guys got extensions before their contracts were up.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:21 AM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So you dont think that the GM's of those teams knew that the Lakers would target their star in two years and that because they knew that, that they were determined to lock up their players? In both cases, these guys got extensions before their contracts were up.

That wouldnt matter at all if the other GM's knew about it. Like I said the players have the choice. Besides all these GM's have information about every single team whether they are over the salary cap or not.

They know anyone with about 12 million of cap space is going to try and go after their stars. Thats why they take action immediately.

Believe me it has nothing to do with Mitch Publicly announcing. I mean look at lebron. He still has 1 year left on his rookie contract but already signed another extension that would give him 4 more years after this one is done.

And my predicition is If mitch patiently waits this time for Radman's contract to expire, Lebron will explore free agency and sign with LA.

Its all a plan. Lebron is under contract for 5 years. Lakers made it known they want LBJ.

LBJ had said before he wants to be the richest man and if he goes to an LA team his nike contract will more than double into 200 million. I heard this from an insider. So just look at it logically. Lakers arent scaring away anybody and not ruining their plans by announcing because believe me before it leaves mitch's mouth all the other GM's already know.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #23
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I am just waiting to see him blow up this season. Dunks, Dunks and more Dunks.

Yeah. He is going to blow up this year. I think after Shaq, Wallace, and Camby, he will be the next best center in the league. I have this eerie feeling that Kwame will be an all-star center this year.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: