Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 12-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

DEBORAH has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Lack of activity

Did everyone all of a sudden ABANDON the KINGS?

The people who are still somewhat alive please be active on this board again :).
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lack of activity

I still have a pulse... barely. The activity will pick up once we get Bibby and Martin back!
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

The problem is we don't have enough regular posters that can provide insightful posts and threads.

I mean, if you guys want, I cold start making game threads but if only 1 person bothers to open it, its kinda pointless.

Damn, I miss the good 'ol days when BM52, Targus, Perez, and me would keep GT's going for weeks.

Deborah, tell us about yourself. Bring some life into the forum.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:24 AM   #4
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Team boards just don't get much attention. The most action happens in the Main Forums, and very few people post on the team boards. The only truly active team board is the Laker Forum. They are the only one you can really compare with the rest of the basketball team boards around the internet. Hopefully ISH gets some more members that post actively on the team boards.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:39 AM   #5
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

=[ I know. A lot of boards are really dieing...
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:14 AM   #6
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far

Personally the only boards I bother with are the team boards, the main ones are just too busy-there's no sense of community and responses are therefore kind of neutered.

But yes, most Sacto boards I know are pretty slow right now.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982
Personally the only boards I bother with are the team boards, the main ones are just too busy-there's no sense of community and responses are therefore kind of neutered.

But yes, most Sacto boards I know are pretty slow right now.
Theres really not much to talk about. We've all discuess Artest/Bibby trades to death. Honestly, on ISH alone I think we've hypothetically sent Artest/Bibby to every team in the league.

This season has been weird with all the injuries and no one really knows how good this team can be. We all grew tired of Bibby last season but deep down, everyone wants to believe that he can be the Bibby of old and lead this team to the playoffs alongside Artest.

The team's future is really unclear and there haven't been many moves by Petrie to suggest that even he knows what he wants to do.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #8
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

Exclamation Re: Lack of activity

BIGBOL

You asked me to tell a little bit about myself and that is what I shall do.

I do like to watch the Kings play and enjoy them immensely when the plays that are called are executed properly.

I used to be a fan of football ( 49'ers) and years ago watched the Oakland A's but those sports bore me to no end now.

As for me I live about ten minutes from the capitol. I traverse the area on my Yamaha Yuma ( 50 cc), but hope to purchase a Victory scooter next year ( 150 cc), I had a Honda Elite once and that was a 150 cc.

As to age, I will never see the 50's again, but am not quite half way in the 60's.

I have always been interested in politics and this Thursday should be an eye opener with the caucus in Iowa. I do have my preferences but I shall not say.

Oh, I like dead people also, I do genealogy, so if you are into genealogy please contact me ( leave a note) in this thread with your email address and I will get in contact with you.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBORAH
Oh, I like dead people also, I do genealogy, so if you are into genealogy please contact me ( leave a note) in this thread with your email address and I will get in contact with you.

I can't ever find much about my family history because my last name is not very common. Do you think if I gave you my last name you could tell me something?
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #10
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

Exclamation Re: Lack of activity ( off subject) just this once

Let me try to get YOU to investigate.

First go to Rootsweb.com and scroll down on the left side and click on WorldConnect and in the surname ( last name) type in your last name and see what happens.

Really tho if you wish to do genealogy on your line you work from the known to the unknown.

You
Parents
Grandparents
Great Grandparents

Now for having an unusual surname you might be able to find your ancestors so if you still wish to snoop around, go to Ancestry.com and click on the Census and then type in a State where you think ( hopefully) know where they lived and see if you can locate them that way.

Just giving me a name, no that is not how it works.

Also if you start genealogy, it is not a cheap endeavor, but you can get a lot of information from a death certificate.

If you wish more hints we can keep going on here ( probably should not) tho, so post your email address and I will contact you.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #11
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

I haven't tried the Rootsweb but I have tried Ancestory.com. I have found past relatives on the Census too. My grandfather traced our family name back to 1245 when my family left Ireland but I can't find anything beyond that point and information is limited because my name is uncommon. Thanks for your help though, I'm going to check it out!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #12
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not a Kings fan myself (I support no team at all, neutral fan) but I regularly go through every team board, and I enjoy reading the Kings fans post, despite not having posted here before.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #13
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

Exclamation Re: Lack of activity

To * Lazy*

Well tracing that far back is wonderful! The only confirmed ancestry tho is what you can document. The documents you or the family genealogist needs are, Marriage, Death and Birth, now Birth in the USA, many states did not require that until about 1880 to 1900 time period.

There are many sites that you can visit, and if you know the states where your ancestors lived then go to usgenwebproject.com , click on the state and then county if u know it, send a querey out and see if you find any cousins.

Please post your email address and I can help you with more ideas.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBORAH
To * Lazy*

Well tracing that far back is wonderful! The only confirmed ancestry tho is what you can document. The documents you or the family genealogist needs are, Marriage, Death and Birth, now Birth in the USA, many states did not require that until about 1880 to 1900 time period.

There are many sites that you can visit, and if you know the states where your ancestors lived then go to usgenwebproject.com , click on the state and then county if u know it, send a querey out and see if you find any cousins.

Please post your email address and I can help you with more ideas.

Awesome, thank you!!

sy_thewhiteguy@yahoo.com
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: