Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #16
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,066
Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Guys, you are not paying attention... Randolph will not work in the Triangle.... get serious!


I totally agree...plus he has 5 yrs 75 millions left.....are we willing to pay this kind of money to this guy??? NO NO NO NO
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #17
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog13
There is now 15 posts to this rediculious idea and yet no one has suggested who would be traded the other way.

Well the blazers just did a 3 for 1 deal so I assume they have some roster space for us to do like a 3 to 1 deal. I say Kwame, Mckie and S&T George for about 3 mil and see if they take that. ZR used to be a 20 and 10 guy b4 he signed that huge contract and the only thing we'd be giving up of value is Kwame who isn't and will never be anywhere near 20 and 10....so we'd have Mihm, ZR, Radman, Kobe, Odom. I think we can seriously win big w/ that combo I mean Kobe, Rad, Odom or ZR could give u 30 on any given night so we'd have no problems offensively, Mihm is a shotblocker, no more clog @ center
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:49 PM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,362
SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
Well the blazers just did a 3 for 1 deal so I assume they have some roster space for us to do like a 3 to 1 deal. I say Kwame, Mckie and S&T George for about 3 mil and see if they take that. ZR used to be a 20 and 10 guy b4 he signed that huge contract and the only thing we'd be giving up of value is Kwame who isn't and will never be anywhere near 20 and 10....so we'd have Mihm, ZR, Radman, Kobe, Odom. I think we can seriously win big w/ that combo I mean Kobe, Rad, Odom or ZR could give u 30 on any given night so we'd have no problems offensively, Mihm is a shotblocker, no more clog @ center

Dude, don't you know that smoking crack is illegal? This is absolutely ridiculous.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:45 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,938
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
Well the blazers just did a 3 for 1 deal so I assume they have some roster space for us to do like a 3 to 1 deal. I say Kwame, Mckie and S&T George for about 3 mil and see if they take that. ZR used to be a 20 and 10 guy b4 he signed that huge contract and the only thing we'd be giving up of value is Kwame who isn't and will never be anywhere near 20 and 10....so we'd have Mihm, ZR, Radman, Kobe, Odom. I think we can seriously win big w/ that combo I mean Kobe, Rad, Odom or ZR could give u 30 on any given night so we'd have no problems offensively, Mihm is a shotblocker, no more clog @ center

Sorry but right there we are giving up too much.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:42 PM   #20
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Sorry but right there we are giving up too much.

how are we giving up 2 much when mckie probably will ride the bench the whole season again and George would go away thru free agency anyway. That would mean you're implying that Kwame>Zach Randolph...& if that's what ur sayin, then I must be missing something w/ kwame... I mean Randolph is as polished a low post scorer as there is, his range even goes out to the 3 pointer, did u c that game where he swished a 3pter to win the game for the blazers?... n he's got all kinda baby hooks n stuff. The contract is the only thing that would make me hesitant, but if we're really tryna make a push then adding a few mil to the payroll shouldn't deter us from pulling the trigger, as long as we can agree Randolph is significantly better than kwame

Last edited by dblockallstars : 07-31-2006 at 06:55 PM.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:12 PM   #21
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
how are we giving up 2 much when mckie probably will ride the bench the whole season again and George would go away thru free agency anyway. That would mean you're implying that Kwame>Zach Randolph...& if that's what ur sayin, then I must be missing something w/ kwame... I mean Randolph is as polished a low post scorer as there is, his range even goes out to the 3 pointer, did u c that game where he swished a 3pter to win the game for the blazers?... n he's got all kinda baby hooks n stuff. The contract is the only thing that would make me hesitant, but if we're really tryna make a push then adding a few mil to the payroll shouldn't deter us from pulling the trigger, as long as we can agree Randolph is significantly better than kwame

I gotta side w dblock on this one. Randolph is clearly better than Kwame. And I don't think it's fair to see he can't play the Triangle. We don't know. My only real concern is that he is a true PF and, I believe, LO is the PF (unless we bench VladRad and move LO to the SF).
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:19 PM   #22
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I gotta side w dblock on this one. Randolph is clearly better than Kwame. And I don't think it's fair to see he can't play the Triangle. We don't know. My only real concern is that he is a true PF and, I believe, LO is the PF (unless we bench VladRad and move LO to the SF).

Yeah I would b concerned 2 but everyone is saying the goods can play the point if we bring in Gooden or if had brought in harrington.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:41 PM   #23
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Zach Randolph needs the ball most of his time. I think he might feel left out with the Triangle Offense. He won't be demanded of much, mostly rebounding and points, but not as much points as he had in Portland. Yes he almost made the All-Star that one year and yes he has three-point range.

The Los Angeles Lakers rely mosty and heavily on Kobe Bryant, while Zach Randolph might like to play with Kobe Bryant, he might not like playing in the system.

The Triangle Offense didn't work too well with Gary Payton because he was used to being the number one option as far as handling and scoring. It's hard to adjust when you're used to being the number one option.

While Zach Randolphs' numbers and statistics would be ideal for this team, he won't have a good time. If the Los Angeles Lakers can get him for nothing, then why not??? He has a huge contract and the Los Angeles Lakers would be giving up alot and I think the Portland Trailblazers would demanding alot too and they have a good reason, he's a young double-double machine.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:11 AM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,938
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

I know what yall are sayin.

But in my opinion no matter how good someone is I just hate the fact that we would give up 3 players for 1 proven low post threat.

I mean I really like randolph and his consistency but he isnt s superstar. I mean shoot we traded Shaq and barely got talent in return. Lamar and Caron were OK at the time but not superstar caliber or anything.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:19 AM   #25
qwerty
(o_0)
 
qwerty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,541
qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
But in my opinion no matter how good someone is I just hate the fact that we would give up 3 players for 1 proven low post threat.



I think that for us right now it would be good to do a 2/3 for 1 player trade. We have a glut at guard and we don't have a solid trading piece other then Mihm, but we can't get much in return for him because of his contract. If we add a few players in a package along with Mihm, we would be able to get a solid player in return.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #26
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Zach Randolph needs the ball most of his time. I think he might feel left out with the Triangle Offense. He won't be demanded of much, mostly rebounding and points, but not as much points as he had in Portland. Yes he almost made the All-Star that one year and yes he has three-point range.

The Los Angeles Lakers rely mosty and heavily on Kobe Bryant, while Zach Randolph might like to play with Kobe Bryant, he might not like playing in the system.

The Triangle Offense didn't work too well with Gary Payton because he was used to being the number one option as far as handling and scoring. It's hard to adjust when you're used to being the number one option.

While Zach Randolphs' numbers and statistics would be ideal for this team, he won't have a good time. If the Los Angeles Lakers can get him for nothing, then why not??? He has a huge contract and the Los Angeles Lakers would be giving up alot and I think the Portland Trailblazers would demanding alot too and they have a good reason, he's a young double-double machine.

You make a lot of sense w/ this post but the fact that the lakers rely mostly on Kobe isn't neccessarily a good thing or what they would like to do, rather what they are forced to do b/c lamar insists he's a facilitator and no one else on that team can be given the ball to score consistently. When we were planning to make a splash @ the free agent market in 2 yrs, the player we were planning to get would also not fit in the triangle I guess, b/c yao needs the ball, he isn't a pick and pop type of guy or a spot up shooter neccessarily. I'm not saying ZR is on Yao's level but we were looking for a post scorer and ZR fits that mold. Same w/ Harrington - he needs a lot of touches to be effective yet most people seemed 2 be high on him when the trade rumors were goin on so
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,938
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

The thing is if we do acquire randolph there goes our plan for having money in 2 years because Lakers like to keep a 15 man roster and we still have some free agent spots left I believe.

The way I see it. If we are going to go over the cap by a lot (as if we already arent), we would have to be a really good team spending money on worth it players that can contribute and play together.

But if we are looking like the knicks then I believe we have a problem. Thats why i dont wanna trade away 3 guys for 1 rght now.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:42 AM   #28
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The thing is if we do acquire randolph there goes our plan for having money in 2 years because Lakers like to keep a 15 man roster and we still have some free agent spots left I believe.

The way I see it. If we are going to go over the cap by a lot (as if we already arent), we would have to be a really good team spending money on worth it players that can contribute and play together.

But if we are looking like the knicks then I believe we have a problem. Thats why i dont wanna trade away 3 guys for 1 rght now.

I agree But Zach fills a present need and had a spectacular season followed by 2 pretty impressive ones. He's not a guy who averaged 2ppg and did good in one playoff series so we decided to give him the full midlevel. Everyone keeps saying that we are 1 piece away. ZR or Harrington is apparently that piece so you do it. We need to be realistic if you're looking for a post player b/c we're not getting KG or Yao or Amare or any huge type of MVP player. All the other teams that are in contention are very deep and spend dough. Dallas is thoroughly over the luxury tax, Phoenix is dangerously close to it, San Antonio got like 3 guys making around $10mil (w/ Duncan makin Kobe $). In conclusion there is no big name free agent to sign in the foreseable future and if there were we would not have the $ to sign him, so get Randolph
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #29
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,362
SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Damn, this thread drives me crazy.... ZR is not the right piece folks.

1) Too Expensive
2) Would not work in Triangle (not a System guy)
3) Would not work well with Kobe (both need the ball)
4) Might be third or even fourth option which would make him unhappy
5) Not a strong defender

The additional piece that the lakers need has to be a good system guy who can fit in and contribute. I'd take Gooden over ZR even!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #30
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,369
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Damn, this thread drives me crazy.... ZR is not the right piece folks.

1) Too Expensive
2) Would not work in Triangle (not a System guy)
3) Would not work well with Kobe (both need the ball)
4) Might be third or even fourth option which would make him unhappy
5) Not a strong defender

The additional piece that the lakers need has to be a good system guy who can fit in and contribute. I'd take Gooden over ZR even!



I agree..zach has a huge contract...and since hes had his knee surgery...he hasnt been the same guy he was the year before he got his contract...he seems a lot slower...i think he needs to be the man for him to be happy...which is why i would also take gooden over him...gooden knows hes not going to be the star wherever he goes and he does things we would need (offensive rebounding and put backs) but i hear hes demanding a ton of money so i wouldnt want to have him either...id liek a defensive presence downlow to clog the paint but theres not much out there in the market...we need a true powerforward who can defend and rebound and make the occasional shot...LO is better suited at smallforward...he creates mismatches fon smaller forwards and can contain athletic smallforwards with his length
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy