Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-31-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Am I the only one who thinks this?

Quite frankly, I loved to watch Hakim Warrick play ball in college at Syracuse. Since he was drafted by the Memphis Grizz, he hasn't really gotten a chance to show his stuff. I think that if he got some more PT, he could really be a valuable asset to the Grizz.

What do you think?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:34 AM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Am I the only one who thinks this?

I kinda agree, but Hakim will be nothing more than a role player. But yeah, Warrick and Swift should be getting more minutes right now. In last night's game their minutes combined only came to 15 minutes, they should be getting more than that, both guys can play and have shown numerous times that they deserve that little bit extra playing time.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Ivaroni just likes certain players.Some are getting pt the others are getting water.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I kinda agree, but Hakim will be nothing more than a role player. But yeah, Warrick and Swift should be getting more minutes right now. In last night's game their minutes combined only came to 15 minutes, they should be getting more than that, both guys can play and have shown numerous times that they deserve that little bit extra playing time.

swift gets pt but he never gets the ball. warrick must just be in the dog house. everyone should be getting a chance, the team sucks and changes are necessary.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
swift gets pt but he never gets the ball. warrick must just be in the dog house. everyone should be getting a chance, the team sucks and changes are necessary.
I agree, we aren't winning games at the moment and now is a good a time as any to start messing around with the team and mixing rotations up to see what works. Stro and Hakim are great if given playing time, same went for Kinsey, but we all know what happened there.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

I have a feeling that Ivaroni and Wallace have a game plan for this team.Next year I would expect alot of these faces gone.Ivaroni wants to run a certain system.Apparently most of these guys dont fit it.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:18 AM   #7
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I have a feeling that Ivaroni and Wallace have a game plan for this team.Next year I would expect alot of these faces gone.Ivaroni wants to run a certain system.Apparently most of these guys dont fit it.
If that's the case, Iavaroni wasn't the man for the job after all.

The roster wasn't too bad to begin, and if you have to change half of it to implement your system, maybe that's not the team you should take. Sorry for being so pessimistic but I just keep losing faith in Iavaroni. Can't figure out how Skiles is fired and he still has a job.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

I guess it has to do with the grizz being at the bottom of the league in drawing fan interest. What better way to but butts on the seats than having a run and gun high flying team.

Its all about profit I guess. Unless the owners don't get enough back then they don't care much about winning.

Didn't Christian Laettner and another ball player try to buy this team a while back?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah they did but it was all talk.I mean if you think about it.There are alot of bad contracts on the team.Cardinal,stoudamire,millic(so far).There are other players playing not up to expectations as well.Pau,Mike miller,,lowry.Something has to give.Rudy is getting the green light it looks like.Ivaroni has made it clear that he is his guy.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Yeah they did but it was all talk.I mean if you think about it.There are alot of bad contracts on the team.Cardinal,stoudamire,millic(so far).There are other players playing not up to expectations as well.Pau,Mike miller,,lowry.Something has to give.Rudy is getting the green light it looks like.Ivaroni has made it clear that he is his guy.
I know it was only 1 game, but Pau really took over last game. Maybe it was because of the addition of Mike Conley, I don't know, but Pau looked like the guy I know and the reason I support Memphis. Ivaroni is not the coach for Memphis if he wants Gay to be the 'man' instead of Pau. Pau is such a better leader than Gay and a hell of a lot better player.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I think the grizz are now playing better with the addition of conley to the starting line up.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:46 AM   #12
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

TJ4'D has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Stro and Hakim are great if given playing time, same went for Kinsey, but we all know what happened there.

Speaking of Kinsey, why exactly was he released? I thought that he could become a pretty solid role player for the Grizzlies and I really liked his game. Why was he let go?

Sorry for going off topic, but this doesn't really warrant a new thread so I thought I would just post it here.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:32 AM   #13
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4'D
Speaking of Kinsey, why exactly was he released? I thought that he could become a pretty solid role player for the Grizzlies and I really liked his game. Why was he let go?

Sorry for going off topic, but this doesn't really warrant a new thread so I thought I would just post it here.
When Kinsey was released there was no explanation given in the article on the Grizzlies web page. The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't happy with the amount of minutes he was getting, he deserved alot more than what Ivaroni was giving him. So maybe that caused some problems in the locker room. But, to tell you the truth, I honestly don't know. Maybe Ivaroni was just too stubborn to release a guy he brought in, i.e. Jacobsen, so he let Kinsey go instead.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #14
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

TJ4'D has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
When Kinsey was released there was no explanation given in the article on the Grizzlies web page. The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't happy with the amount of minutes he was getting, he deserved alot more than what Ivaroni was giving him. So maybe that caused some problems in the locker room. But, to tell you the truth, I honestly don't know. Maybe Ivaroni was just too stubborn to release a guy he brought in, i.e. Jacobsen, so he let Kinsey go instead.
Ok thanks for that.

I agree with you about him deserving more minutes with the Grizzlies while he was here. I am a fan of his and I thought he could have a pretty solid season this year with Iravoni. Apperantly not.

Thanks for the info Kebab.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4'D
Ok thanks for that.

I agree with you about him deserving more minutes with the Grizzlies while he was here. I am a fan of his and I thought he could have a pretty solid season this year with Iravoni. Apperantly not.

Thanks for the info Kebab.
Yeah, Kinsey definitly shown signs at the end of last year that he could be a crucial part of the team this year. I was very excited of what he could do for this time if given the oppertunity, but he just wasn't given that chance this season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: