Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #16
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Default Re: Xbox 360 keeps on breaking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Be careful on which fan you get.

AVOID the Nyko intercooler. This runs via a pass through on the main power supply and will kill your system and void the warranty. Since it draws power from the main power line, the console will not receive enough power to run efficiently and will try to over draw power causing surges with in the hardware. A result is that the motherboard will overload and the power plug will actually have burn marks when you remove the intercooler.

yeah, that's what i was talking about but you broke it down alot better.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #17
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
Do you even have the slightest idea what the failure rate is for the 360?

From personal experience not very good. But thanks for the input, that guy from Future Shop told me something completely different.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:02 AM   #18
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
From personal experience not very good. But thanks for the input, that guy from Future Shop told me something completely different.

There's a lot of misinformation out there.
With sales associates, you should take what they say very lightly. Most, if not all, of them have an agenda and a platform bias. That's my experience from several years in high school and college working at gaming shops like gamestop.

I understand, and empathize, with your frustration in your dealings with microsoft. It sucks to invest that amount of money on electronics only to have it fail you multiple times.

Should you decide to call Microsoft for repairs once again, express your frustration and displeasure to them. If you get another clueless idiot who tries to tell you that your original warranty is void, demand to speak to another rep.
You should also receive compensation in the form of a game or two because your situation is an exceptional hardship.(you'll get to select from titles published by microsoft)

Anyway, if you need any other information about the warranty, or anything at all, I'll try to assist you.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:11 AM   #19
DMizzle
Great young streetballer

Thats why 360 sells alot.
DMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:39 AM   #20
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
There's a lot of misinformation out there.
With sales associates, you should take what they say very lightly. Most, if not all, of them have an agenda and a platform bias. That's my experience from several years in high school and college working at gaming shops like gamestop.

I understand, and empathize, with your frustration in your dealings with microsoft. It sucks to invest that amount of money on electronics only to have it fail you multiple times.

Should you decide to call Microsoft for repairs once again, express your frustration and displeasure to them. If you get another clueless idiot who tries to tell you that your original warranty is void, demand to speak to another rep.
You should also receive compensation in the form of a game or two because your situation is an exceptional hardship.(you'll get to select from titles published by microsoft)

Anyway, if you need any other information about the warranty, or anything at all, I'll try to assist you.

Yeah thanks a lot for all your help, that's exactly the kind of assistance I was hoping for when I created this thread.

Cheers bro
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:55 AM   #21
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
I have a 1 year Xbox warranty, but you have to deal with microsoft and I think I'd have to pay the shipping and stuff. I live in Canada too, Xbox is a great system but man **** Bill Gates most overrated piece of crap...yeah he innovated something big but most of his **** doesn't even work.

Yea I got my xbox at futureshop with a three year warranty, and it's nice to let them take care of it. But now you got me worried about the warranty if they give me a new xbox. Where did you get your 360?

Also, I would have thought you were from Los Angeles.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 AM   #22
apriorist
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i've almost thrown my a few times, just up until the point that i recall how much the stupid wireless controllers cost.

Yeah, $50, tell me about it.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #23
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

From 2008 onwards, PS3 will be the new Jordan of video gaming. Trust me, save your time, your trouble, your hardships, and buy the PS3 for that extra $100-200 dollars. Not only that, but the games that are coming out this year for the PS3 will blow your mind. PS3 system is 5 years ahead of their competition which is why Xbox 360 has released like 3 versions to compete with the PS3.

Soon, game developers will compensate and understand the potential the PS3 has and put its uses to the fullest. Online is also free with the PS3.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #26
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i had a buddy who got the RROD as soon as he brought his 360 home from the store and turned it on for the 1st time.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #27
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
It sure seems like that, with all these people saying how they had to exchange it up to 3-4 times. I wish I knew that they were just some PS3 fanboys making up stories to make the 360 look bad, but that's the problem: I don't know.

i was only trying to convey that the majority of 360 consoles function properly.
don't get me wrong, the failure rate is high, but it is nowhere near 50%
Old 01-03-2008, 12:25 PM   #28
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Retailers have estimated the failure rate as high as 25%-33%

MS, does not release the failure rates to the public; however, MS insisted early on it fell well within standards of 3%-5%(obviously untrue).

The truth falls somewhere in between. If I was to be asked fro my opinion, I'd say somewhere along the lines of 20%-25% which coincides with what I've said before.

Yes, the 360 fails at an alarming rate for the consumer, but it is far short of a 50.1% majority.

Adding to the fact, that MS has taken satisfactory measures to correct the issue with the expedited shipping free of charge (along with provided packaging materials).

Also, remember, if your 360 needs repair, don't send any of your add-ons like the HDD.

My 360 was serviced 8 months ago, and I was without it for less than 2 weeks. I've had no problems with the hardware since. It has neither frozen nor stalled on me.

You should be concerned, but not overly concerned about the red ring where it is inhibiting your gameplay. Don't think you should power down the console after X amount of hours because you fear a red ring issue.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #29
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
It sure seems like that, with all these people saying how they had to exchange it up to 3-4 times. I wish I knew that they were just some PS3 fanboys making up stories to make the 360 look bad, but that's the problem: I don't know.

Nah it's for real, the 360 breaks easily and if isn't the 3 rings of death, you have that failed power outage where you can't seem to get the 360 working unless you play around with your electric junk for a bit.

Maybe you are one of the lucky ones and that 360 won't break down, but good luck. PS3 fanboys won't make up stuff about other system because we accepted the fact that the Wii domianted '07, but when it comes to '08, it's almost definite that it is PS3's year.

FF13, MSG4, GTA5, and many other titles, not to mention the untapped power of the PS3.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #30
clipps
Good college starter

What's the failing rate of the 360 Elites. I might spend the extra $100 on it.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: