Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #32
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Xbox 360 keeps on breaking?

imma get my xbox 360 soon.. hope i dont have any problems with it
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #33
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Do the xbox 360 elites have any problems? Do they get the ring of death?
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #34
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Do the xbox 360 elites have any problems? Do they get the ring of death?

Yes, there are still problems reported with the 360 elites.

Please don't place too much faith in the commentary provided by, Uchiha_Hai. It is nothing more than slandering microsoft.

I've provided documentation describing microsoft's warranty, and repair policies. I've detailed compensation one is entitled to if a 360 unit should require repairs.

Adequate measure have been taken to ensure microsoft isn't bending over the consumer and running away with the money invested in a 360 console.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:03 AM   #35
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

so spending the extra 100 dollars on an elite is pretty much pointless, right?
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:11 AM   #36
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
so spending the extra 100 dollars on an elite is pretty much pointless, right?

If your rationale for making that decision is to avoid hardware issues, it is pointless--yes.

the only major difference in the elite is hdmi.

120gb hard drive isn't necessary. I really have no idea how someone can use that much storage for save game files and downloads from xbox marketplace.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:41 AM   #37
Ghetto Phenom
I hit open layups

Ghetto Phenom has an OK reputation so far

All Xbox 360s are protected by a three-year manufacturer's warranty. Call Microsoft when it breaks, they will send you a pre-paid shipping box and all you have to do is but the console in the box and take it to UPS or call UPS to come and pick it up. Initially the warranty was 90 days, then they extended it to one year, now they've extended it to three years. Free of charge.

I bought a 360 on launch day and had to return it FIVE TIMES within the first year or so. They refused to send me a brand new, non-refurbished unit. So after they repaired it for the fifth time, I put it on ebay and sold it (this is after I wrote a scathing letter to Bill Gates and four other MS execs...one even replied).

Despite all this, I'm seriously considering buying another 360. It seems their problems have mostly been resolved and PS3 just doesn't move me at all. And after almost a year w/ no system, I'm starting to get a serious jonez.
Ghetto Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:30 AM   #38
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Phenom
All Xbox 360s are protected by a three-year manufacturer's warranty. Call Microsoft when it breaks, they will send you a pre-paid shipping box and all you have to do is but the console in the box and take it to UPS or call UPS to come and pick it up. Initially the warranty was 90 days, then they extended it to one year, now they've extended it to three years. Free of charge.

I bought a 360 on launch day and had to return it FIVE TIMES within the first year or so. They refused to send me a brand new, non-refurbished unit. So after they repaired it for the fifth time, I put it on ebay and sold it (this is after I wrote a scathing letter to Bill Gates and four other MS execs...one even replied).

Despite all this, I'm seriously considering buying another 360. It seems their problems have mostly been resolved and PS3 just doesn't move me at all. And after almost a year w/ no system, I'm starting to get a serious jonez.
What did the guy who replied to you say?
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:58 AM   #39
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Phenom

(this is after I wrote a scathing letter to Bill Gates and four other MS execs...one even replied).

ps. I just got my second RROD in the past 2 years.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: