Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-02-2008, 02:49 AM   #16
Younggrease
Banned

Default Re: I'm buying a PS3 tomorrow, unless someone tells me why I should get Xbox360

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Again the main games I'll be playing are nba 2k8 and college hoops 2k8

nba live will just be a backup or whatever

and then whatever good football and hockey games exist maybe

But 80% of what i"ll do will be to play the 2k sports basketball games

Well I mostly play nba 2k8 sim leagues online. And 360 has a way better controller(I have both, PS3 is currently my blu ray player). The online is a lot better currently but it costs 50 bucks a year.

IMO if you can get over the controller and iffy framerates get the PS3 and enjoy the blu ray player and free online. It gets boring playing the cpu in 2k games when you get good
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:56 AM   #17
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

Default Re: I'm buying a PS3 tomorrow, unless someone tells me why I should get Xbox360

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Again the main games I'll be playing are nba 2k8 and college hoops 2k8

nba live will just be a backup or whatever

and then whatever good football and hockey games exist maybe

But 80% of what i"ll do will be to play the 2k sports basketball games

i got nba 2k8.. its good, but i actually think its a step backwards in the series..

nba live is pretty good for ps3..
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:18 AM   #18
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20
i got nba 2k8.. its good, but i actually think its a step backwards in the series..

nba live is pretty good for ps3..

How did it take a step back? Better defense better AI, what killed this game for you? Too hard?

360 is better, better games, controller is better, download demos all the time, XBLA. It's cheaper. JMO. Plus i've sold a PS3 havent sold a 360.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:24 AM   #19
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Mods, move this thread to the video game forum!
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:28 AM   #20
Z3120
I airball my layups

If you're doing it for NBA 2K8 and/or NBA Live 08, I'd advise a 360 then. I do expect PS3 games to at least be on par performance-wise when the '09 games row around for both systems. As far as I remember, most/all sport games right now are running poorly on the PS3 compared to its 360 counterpart because developers slumped on tidying up the PS3 versions, and previously, PS3 games were based on the 360 version. Since transcoding a game from its 360 counterpart to PS3 was noticed as being difficult, overly complex and tedious, developers first and foremost (and should to those that aren't already) create the game on the PS3 then to the 360 as it's much easier.

If you're willing to wait a year, I believe sport games will be fine across all platforms.

Edit: Although honestly, expect to spend a bit extra on a usb fan or something to cool your 360 as precaution for overheating. The 360 I have overheats horribly. If it weren't for the fan, you're talking about 10 minutes of play before the red rings of death happens. Also, it's an absolutely necessary to get the warranty too. Even though Microsoft invested several billions in warranties, merely going through the troubles of customer support can be very annoying depending on who you get (more than likely they'll give you the work around).

Well, at least with Nintendo it's way better. But in the end, it varies between people. But generally, Nintendo's customer support is so much more hassle free. Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft in terms of support.

Last edited by Z3120 : 01-02-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:47 AM   #21
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

All the cool kids have 360's.

plus better games
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:24 AM   #22
Dwight Shrute
I brick open layups

I got a PS3 and I must say, i'm extremely pissed off at the crappy quality of the last 2 madden games. NBA2k8 seemed to be pretty cool though, I've only played it a few times though.
Dwight Shrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:32 AM   #23
Dwight Shrute
I brick open layups

I do think Blu-Ray is ahead of HD-Dvd at this point... I'm not sure if this trend will continue, but that was a big factor in my reasoning for purchasing a PS3, since i use it for movies more so than game play.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:35 AM   #24
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

what on blue ray beats transformers on hd?
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:40 AM   #25
s0ulja714
I brick open layups

personally, i rather get the 360, cheaper price, better games, and frame rates don't suffer like the games for ps3

only downfall is the reliability sucks for the 360, so better buy that extra warranty..or you can dish out half a grand and get a ps3 and be stuck with 30 fps..

pick ya poison
s0ulja714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:21 AM   #26
Dwight Shrute
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
what on blue ray beats transformers on hd?

I've just noticed every where i go to rent/buy a blu-ray disc, Blu-ray usually has HD-Dvd outnumbered 3-1. I think it's super lame that different production companies are choosing one over the other, I just wish they could both Co-exist
Old 01-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #28
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

OT.

But, although I liked XBOX360 games better, PS3 has Blue Ray and HD. For the 360 you'll have to buy an extra device. That sucks.

Also, buy Call of Duty. It rocks.

The wii is fun too, but only when you have friends.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #29
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

Ps3.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #30
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
The wii is fun too, but only when you have friends.

I have had a great time with Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Godfather and Metroid Prime 3 which are all pretty much single player experiences.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: