Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-03-2008, 11:50 AM   #106
Nbafan77
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: I'm buying a PS3 tomorrow, unless someone tells me why I should get Xbox360

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
ALso, and I'm not sure if this needs to be said, but I care about REALISTIC GAMEPLAY more than anything else.

Thanks

Well then I say go for 360 the ruble function on the controllers makes everything more realistic.
Nbafan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #107
Nbafan77
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: I'm buying a PS3 tomorrow, unless someone tells me why I should get Xbox360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
If the only thing you're ever going to play is sports games (which are multiplatform) and want to be able to watch high def movies, then yeah go with the PS3. The same sports games will be on both systems.

Make sure you get the Blu-Ray remote control with it though, flipping through menus using the controller is a pain.

The only thing is the 360 can play HD movies too via the HD-DVD player add-on, but at the moment it looks like Blu-Ray might win the format war. The whole HD movie business is a bit of a mess to be honest.

The PS3 as a system is much more reliable in terms of hardware (won't break as often) and runs quieter and cooler than the 360. If you're getting a 360 I wouldn't touch one off eBay with 20 foot pole, especially one without warranty. Make sure you get a brand new, unopened one from the store.

Just to add an opinion, I think the 360 breaking dilemma was blown out of proportion. Sure some people got the red light of death but others like me and my friends have had working 360's since 2006/2007. If you buy a 360 make sure its one of the newer models and not one from 2005.
Nbafan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:02 AM   #108
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbafan77
Just to add an opinion, I think the 360 breaking dilemma was blown out of proportion. Sure some people got the red light of death but others like me and my friends have had working 360's since 2006/2007. If you buy a 360 make sure its one of the newer models and not one from 2005.

Sadly my 360 has joined the ranks of the Red lights of Death. I guess I saw it coming since I got it on release day, but it lasted me this long. Its shipping out to be repaired and should get back in 4 weeks.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:18 AM   #109
evinecz
Banned

Xbox 360>PS3
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: