Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #16
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

Default Re: New Mock Draft

Donte Green has got to stay at least antother year at SU...he's got to get better at puttin the ball on the ground and driving aggressively. he's starting to remind me of Darius Rice, who ISN'T in the NBA...but hopefully his skills will improve and he can become more like a Hedo Turkoglu type player.
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:11 AM   #17
monthh
Local High School Star

Hansbrough is a love/hate player just like J.J. Redick, Shane Battier, Jay Williams, Mike Dunleavy, Nick Collison, Sean May, and any other great players from a huge school like these guys. Most people we can debate, but he is one of those guys who people have their mind made up on. I see an energy guy that can grab a lot of rebounds and get some points around the basket. Whether coming off the bench or starting I think he could be a key role player for the right team. I don't think he is a superstar like Kobe or LeBron who would do great anywhere, but like Manu, Prince, or Haslem on recent championship teams, he can fit in to be the final piece to the puzzle or help a team fill a need.

And Thabeet will probably go much higher than I had him. I have been kind of down on UConn the last couple years, but with their recent winning streak and watching their win over Georgia Tech, I am starting to like him a lot more. He should find himself in the 8 to 15 range at this point.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:21 AM   #18
monthh
Local High School Star

Greene is so full of potential, but he does have a lot to work on. For a 6-10 guy, he should be shooting a higher percentage. He needs to put on some weight so he can be more effective inside. I agree that if he worked on his handle he could be a true combo forward. It is hard to say whether he will work on those things in college or if it will take an NBA coaching staff to figure out what he needs to do to be the best NBA player possible. He could be a guy who splits time between the NBA and D-League for a year and then really come into his own his second year.

I do see him potentially falling in the draft. At this point I think if he has good workouts and attacks the basket like he could (and you point out he doesn't do enough) he could be up as high as 4th or 5th, but I could also see him perhaps out of the lottery. I think his potential keeps him in the top 10 or 11, but he really seems to be further away from being an NBA impact than the other top freshman.

With all this bad stuff, I see a guy who has the height to become an inside first, outside second type of PF. With his athletic ability I think he could become a really good defender and rebounder. I think he has the outside shot to be a SF with some work on his handle. Basically I see a guy that a team could mold into what they want. Because of his natural ablities I think he is like wet clay, maybe more so than any other player in college basketball because a lot of them are kind of set on the type of player they will be.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #19
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

David Padgett > Roy Hibbert

David Padgett is the most underrated player in this draft.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:04 AM   #20
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Oh wow, I really wasn't expecting you to get back to all my comments, even one of them would have been more than enough, but thanks for that. I'm not the greatest with the NCAA, just good to see I didn't get too much wrong.

Anyway, I was watching the Purdue game today and that Robbie Hummel kid was lighting it up pretty nicely. I didn't hear the commentators talk about his NBA eligibility or anything of that nature the entire game - so what I'd like to ask is can he be an NBA player, how good is he right now, and if the draft were held, where would he get picked? This is pretty much to anyone who can answer the question by the way, not just monthh.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:24 AM   #21
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Oh wow, I really wasn't expecting you to get back to all my comments, even one of them would have been more than enough, but thanks for that. I'm not the greatest with the NCAA, just good to see I didn't get too much wrong.

Anyway, I was watching the Purdue game today and that Robbie Hummel kid was lighting it up pretty nicely. I didn't hear the commentators talk about his NBA eligibility or anything of that nature the entire game - so what I'd like to ask is can he be an NBA player, how good is he right now, and if the draft were held, where would he get picked? This is pretty much to anyone who can answer the question by the way, not just monthh.
Probably wouldn't get picked this year. He's just a freshman and you have to be exceptional to get drafted as a freshman these days.

Give him a couple of years. His numbers are pretty good for a freshman, but they fall way behind the freshman rumored to be entering the NBA draft this year.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #22
monthh
Local High School Star

Hummel is a solid prospect, in a couple years. Good shooter, good height, makes plays on both ends of the court. He needs to add some weight, and improve his game overall, but he could be a future 1st round pick. If he shows improvement next season, and then has a breakout Junior year, I think he could be ready for the NBA.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #23
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

wolves need a C
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:09 AM   #24
monthh
Local High School Star

Foye, good to hear you in here. I have thought that Jordan would be the player who would take the least amount of time away from the other young players. Of course Jefferson would play his minutes at PF now, and while that would leave Smith and Gomes to play a little less, it won't effect the team overall too much.

But do you like Jordan as a player? I know the Wolves are towards the bottom of the NBA in scoring, but with so many young athletes, they must play uptempo basketball sometimes. Jordan just seems to be a fairly rare center who could run with an uptempo team, and still be more of a post player than a Brad Miller.

Last edited by monthh : 02-17-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #25
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
I knew nothing about the end of the draft, so my comments were limited.

By the way, I'm the same as Marny in case you didn't know. I came out as him a few days ago but I doubt anyone remembers.

Oooo ****, u don't know who is Nikola Pekovic??
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #26
monthh
Local High School Star

This is a shoot from the hip mock draft I just did. I used RealGM to choose the first round, and I just kind of hoped I got the top 4 right in the 2nd round. No traded picks involved, just a general idea of what kind of players each team would take and where the players are falling in my eyes.

1. Seattle-Michael Beasley-SF/PF-Freshman

2. Minnesota-Derrick Rose-PG-Freshman

3. Memphis-Eric Gordon-SG-Freshman

4. Miami-Jerryd Bayless-PG-Freshman

5. New York-Brook Lopez-C-Sophomore

6. L.A. Clippers-O.J. Mayo-SG-Freshman

7. Milwaukee-Nicolas Batum-SF-International

8. Charlotte-Blake Griffin-PF-Freshman

9. Indiana-DeAndre Jordan-C-Freshman

10. Chicago-Hasheem Thabeet-C-Sophomore

11. Atlanta-Roy Hibbert-C-Senior

12. Sacramento-Darrell Arthur-PF-Sophomore

13. Portland-Danilo Gallinari-SF-International

14. Denver-D.J. Augustin-PG-Sophomore

15. New Jersey-Anthony Randolph-PF-Freshman

16. Philadelphia-Marreese Speights-PF/C-Sophomore

17. Washington-Darren Collison-PG-Junior

18. Toronto-Chase Budinger-SF/SG-Sophomore

19. Cleveland-Tyler Hansbrough-PF-Junior

20. Golden State-JaVale McGee-C-Sophomore

21. Dallas-Ty Lawson-PG-Sophomore

22. Orlando-James Harden-SG-Freshman

23. Phoenix-Jason Thompson-PF-Senior

24. Utah-Andrew Ogilvy-C-Freshman

25. Houston-Tyler Smith-SF-Sophomore

26. New Orleans-Chris Douglas-Roberts-SG-Junior

27. San Antonio-Serge Ibaka-PF-International

28. L.A. Lakers-D.J. White-PF-Junior

29. Detroit-Alexis Ajinca-PF-International

30. Boston-Joe Alexander-SF-Junior

31. Miami-Semih Erden-C-International

32. Minnesota-Patrick Patterson-PF-Freshman

33. Memphis-Ryan Anderson-SF/PF-Sophomore

34. Seattle-Kyle Weaver-SG/PG-Senior

35. New York-Will Daniels-SF-Senior

36. L.A. Clippers-Rodrigue Beaubois-PG-International

37. Milwaukee-Omer Asik-PF/C-International

38. Charlotte-Jordan Hill-PF-Sophomore

39. Indiana-Shan Foster-SG-Senior

40. Chicago-Bill Walker-SG-Freshman

41. Atlanta-Curtis Jerrells-PG-Junior

42. Sacramento-Davon Jefferson-SF-Freshman

43. Portland-Brian Roberts-PG-Senior

44. Denver-DeVon Hardin-PF/C-Senior

45. New Jersey-Earl Clark-SF-Sophomore

46. Philadelphia-Courtney Lee-SG-Senior

47. Washington-Joey Dorsey-PF-Senior

48. Toronto-Nikola Pekovic-PF/C-International

49. Cleveland-Richard Roby-SG-Senior

50. Golden State-Malik Hairston-SG-Senior

51. Dallas-Josh Heytvelt-PF-Junior

52. Orlando-James Gist-PF/SF-Senior

53. Phoenix-Aleks Maric-C-Senior

54. Utah-Sonny Weems-SG-Senior

55. Houston-Bryce Taylor-SG-Senior

56. New Orleans-Derrick Caracter-PF-Sophomore

57. San Antonio-Jamont Gordon-PG/SG-Junior

58. L.A. Lakers-DeMarcus Nelson-SG-Senior

59. Detroit-Robert Vaden-SG-Junior

60. Boston-Longar Longar-PF/C-Senior
Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #27
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

I think I'm gonna try a new mock, just not gonna put it in it's own thread. Might not even post it, depending on how I think it is.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #28
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Oooo ****, u don't know who is Nikola Pekovic??

Dude we don't have easy access to basketball in Europe, and I wouldn't want to watch one of their games anyway if I can watch American ball. And yes I've heard of him because you are riding his ass nonstop in this forum.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: