Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #16
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: O.J Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
I'm not sure why everyone thinks Mayo has a bad attitude though. He may be cocky, but how many NBA players aren't?

The biggest problem is that he is a score first and second guy. But he still has the ability to make good passes. He just needs the coaching to shape his game into a player that can take his natural ability and play with the other 4 guys are the court. Right now USC seems to have limited his touches and it has resulted in wins. With good coaching, you can give him his touches and not worry about him taking bad shots and forgetting there are other players out there with him. Just because he looks to shoot before he does get other guys involved doesn't mean he has an attitude problem.

And one thing that should be pointed out is that Gordon averages 2 more points a game than Mayo. Mayo has 1 more assist a game however. The math is simple to see that they produce the same amount of points for their team. And who has Indiana played? They have played Xavier and Southern Illinois. I'm not saying I would take Mayo before Gordon, but Mayo doesn't deserve all this hate. I also have to add that Gordon doesn't seem to be the same after he missed that game against Kentucky. He hasn't really had any huge games since then, while before that he had a few big games.

You're very underrated, monthh. You need to take your knowledge to the NBA forum and the team boards.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #17
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Thanks. I used to post much more in the NBA forum at the old boards, but I just don't have as much time now. I only post in topics that really intrest me.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #18
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Thanks. I used to post much more in the NBA forum at the old boards, but I just don't have as much time now. I only post in topics that really intrest me.

Are you a scout or something?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #19
monthh
Local High School Star

No, I wish, but no. I just do this for fun.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #20
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
No, I wish, but no. I just do this for fun.

Me too. How do you get such good knowledge, though? You must watch 20 games a week.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #21
monthh
Local High School Star

Not as much as I used to. I use my DVR to record them and then watch parts of them after work. I just find it easy to read players or something. The only thing I ever have a problem with is athletic ability because they all look really athletic to me. I just have kept up with it for years so I remember watching a lot of games and remember the guys in high school that are now in the All-Star game every year.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #22
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Mayo reminds me of Larry Hughes......with a much better jump shot....Say what you want but the kid has carrried himself well on the court for USC and is pretty articulate off of it. Seattle should grab him if he is available, move Durant to SF....if only they would've grabbed Yi instead of Green this year!!!
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #23
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
Mayo reminds me of Larry Hughes......with a much better jump shot....Say what you want but the kid has carrried himself well on the court for USC and is pretty articulate off of it. Seattle should grab him if he is available, move Durant to SF....if only they would've grabbed Yi instead of Green this year!!!

They would have to spend a lot of money on two franchise players, and then add in this year's pick and it would just be a salary cap mess in the future.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:33 PM   #24
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Mayo vs. Jerryd Bayless tonight at 10:30 ET.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:10 PM   #25
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

I would never take Mayo on my team.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #26
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
he should stay another year at usc

He has been itching to go to the NBA since 7th grade.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #27
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
They would have to spend a lot of money on two franchise players, and then add in this year's pick and it would just be a salary cap mess in the future.

So they pick two guys in Durant and Green, that play the same position. Ray Allen for Jeff Green and some late first round picks in the future??? Okay....I think they would have been best off trading Allen for someone like Mike Miller...but Durant HAS to play SF to truly reach his potential.....he's the modern day Alex English
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #28
ScottStuart
Kids at the park dunk on me

ScottStuart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Mayo vs. Jerryd Bayless tonight at 10:30 ET.

I love Bayless' game but Mayo gave him the business.
ScottStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #29
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Mayo's "bad attitude" is media created. Ask anyone that has been around him. He's a good guy. People have been all over him since he was 13. He is so much better than Larry Hughes it isn't even funny. He can create his own shot as good as anyone around.

If anyone saw where he "pushed down the ref" they know that the ref is the biggest flopper since Vlade Divac. He's had a few bad marks on his rep, but that shouldn't be factor in the future.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 AM   #30
monthh
Local High School Star

I think this Mayo thing brings out a bigger issue where everyone expects these guys at 16 and 17 to be perfect. How many of the people here never made a mistake? Got caught with some weed? Got caught sneeking into a building? Got into a fight? Kids do stupid things, whether they are just another student or a superstar basketball player. He doesn't seem to have these same issues now at like 20, much less in a few years when he is entering his prime. He has made some mistakes. He may be cocky. Nothing you won't find with some, if not most, of big college athletes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: