Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation
Default Would you buy a PS3 if they remake Final Fantasy VII?

I already bought a PS3 just incase they decide on a FF7 remake. Would this sway you enough to get a PS3?
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Would you buy a PS3 if they remake Final Fantasy VII?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIMMER
I already bought a PS3 just incase they decide on a FF7 remake. Would this sway you enough to get a PS3?

No I wouldn't, but I already have one because of nba 2k8.

I'd prefer a remake of FF6
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I'd prefer a remake of FF6

You sir, are a WINNER!
Final Fantasy VI is indeed the best Final Fantasy with FFIV being the second best :)

I buy every console so I can have it for when ever that game I like/want comes out:

Thats my thing…Video games
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

I really liked FF8. Too much damn talking though. Never played 6 or 7.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

I didn't get to finish FFX, dodging 200 lightning bolts seemed such a pain in the ass right after finishing first in that retarded chocobo run.

FFX2 was so gay, I only got to play the first chapter then my ps2 got wrecked

I bought FF12 last year, but haven't played it (played and finished Rogue Galaxy, Godhand right after my ps2 got fixed). Started Jack III and Kingdom Hearts II. I also never got to play Bully.

So I got FF12, Bully still unplayed and two awesome games I need to finish.

Then I bought a ps3..... Now I'm almost finsihed with Assassin's Creed.

I'm wasting a lot of money.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

FFVII > all other FF titles

This is practically 99% accepted commonplace knowledge.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
FFVII > all other FF titles

This is practically 99% accepted commonplace knowledge.

Agree.

To the thread starter: Why do you think ff vii would have replay value persuasive enough to purchase a ps3?

I've tried to replay this game, and its just not happening.

However, I've held onto my psx version of the game bc I've heard whispers/rumors that the original black disc version (not greatest hits) is something of a collector's item.

Any confirmation or dispute to this claim?
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #8
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Phantasy Star IV >>> Panzer Dragoon Saga >>>>>>>>>>> all Final Fantasy
Old 01-04-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Agree.

To the thread starter: Why do you think ff vii would have replay value persuasive enough to purchase a ps3?

However, I've held onto my psx version of the game bc I've heard whispers/rumors that the original black disc version (not greatest hits) is something of a collector's item.

I've replayed it about 10Xs since I got it 10 years ago. I just bought a PS3 to play it again. People are drawn to VII. That's why there have been so many spin off games with the characters in this story...even an entire animated movie being game. Its the reason why, as you mentioned, the original discs are a collector's item ($70-$100 on ebay).

I bought this new system in hopes of a remake. Seems only fitting.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #10
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:

High price is due to pure demand. There were like 1.5 million+ pressed so its not rare at all. Even the Greatest Hits version can fetch $50 and $100 sealed. I have the original print run with the typo on the back cover.

Off topic, the rarest PSX RPGs are Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile -- those had low print runs, have high demand, are good games and sell for $100+
Old 01-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #11
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I stopped playing the FF games seeing as they all started following the same formula. Group of people have to save the world from impending destruction. A guy who thought was good ends up turning bad. Then they find out that the guy who turned bad is just a puppet for some higher power. Rinse and repeat.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #12
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My friend got me Final Fantasy 10 when it first came out for PS2. Cool game I guess, the ammount of talking and lack of actual gameplay literally drove me crazy. Like actually, for that week, I was having mood swings and everything, I Returned it, needless to say, my friend was angry.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #13
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Agree.

Are you telling me that you wouldn't play the re-make for the PS3 after such a long time?! I haven't played my copy of FF VII for PSX for probably 5+ years and I really really wanted them to re-make for the PS3 so I am excited that they are. Now the wait is killing me...

They should also re-make FF VIII!
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:49 AM   #14
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

FFVI I would think about it. FFVII just wasn't as good. Sure it looked better, but it just wasn't as good a game.

Chrono Trigger remake would make me buy any console, like tomorrow. Secret of Mana might take a week. Snes owned the RPG. Mario RPG was like the underrated game of the 90's, if you haven't played it, get a copy and play it(emulation of course).
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:33 AM   #15
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
FFVI I would think about it. FFVII just wasn't as good. Sure it looked better, but it just wasn't as good a game.

Chrono Trigger remake would make me buy any console, like tomorrow. Secret of Mana might take a week. Snes owned the RPG. Mario RPG was like the underrated game of the 90's, if you haven't played it, get a copy and play it(emulation of course).

Chrono Trigger was absolute perfection. I never want them to remake that game and add any additional material and whatnot, to alter the memory of it in my mind. At most, I would want a port to the GBA or DS. That would be perfect. No remake is necessary.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: