Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #16
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Mcgrady, Lue, Howard (all star pf), Gaines

for

Francis, Mobley, Cato

IIRC

That is not a bad deal at all. Fair.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:34 PM   #17
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

when francis is running down the court knowing his favorite player mobley is on his wing.. he is an all star
so ya that trade was quite fair
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:40 AM   #18
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Quote:

That is and was horrible for the magic. They in essence traded away a perennial AS, 1st-team All-NB'er for one combo guard who they released mid-season, another they traded away for a bag of golf-balls, and an overpaid Big guy. So how was getting Penny, Ariza and Cato for T-mac a fair deal??

Steve Francis playing at his absolute best<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<T-mac playing through back spasms.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #19
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

well obviously in hindsight it was terrible, but at the time, francis and mobley we're a great backcourt duo, and cato was a servicable defensive center
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:47 AM   #20
AKADS
National High School Star

I think Philly will keep him to start the season and if they aren't a playoff team they will ship him out. I only see him moving if they get rid of Webber.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:50 AM   #21
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason

So now you think Howard is an allstar power forward?

Make up your mind miss PMS.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:56 AM   #22
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Quote:
well obviously in hindsight it was terrible, but at the time, francis and mobley we're a great backcourt duo, and cato was a servicable defensive center

I think you use the word great too lightly. They were a pretty good duo, but even together not worth T-mac. You never can truly evaluate a deal until a few seasons pass, because thats when then there is enough evidence to see who won and who lost.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #23
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Well I love the Sixers and you have got to understand that they have tried for years to win with this guy and it just hasn't happened. Its a buisness and they do what they have to do to win and make money. Keeping AI shows no signs of getting the anywhere. Sure they might make the playoffs but thats all and thats all he can do is get them to a borderline playoff team. The thing I see wrong with all of this is the media bringing it up every other day. Its not the sixers management that AI should be mad at , its the media.I don't know for sure if the sixers management has been spewing all this crap about AI to the media but they sure are denying that they don't won't to trade him.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:12 AM   #24
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

This bullsh*t is going to cost King his job.

AI isn't selling out the arena anymore. They aren't contending for even the playoffs. AI ended the season on a bad note along with Webber. He cursed out Iverson and Webber to the media. And he's done nothing to make them better this offseason.

He's got to get rid of AI just to have an excuse as to why they suck or he's gone next year.

Or maybe guys like AI, AI2, Daly, will play defense together and actually learn to stop people. But I doubt it
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #25
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed

Oh.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #26
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celts34
That is and was horrible for the magic. They in essence traded away a perennial AS, 1st-team All-NB'er for one combo guard who they released mid-season, another they traded away for a bag of golf-balls, and an overpaid Big guy. So how was getting Penny, Ariza and Cato for T-mac a fair deal??

Steve Francis playing at his absolute best<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<T-mac playing through back spasms.

When that deal went down it was fair. FACT. Cato being paired with Yao was a nice combination that worked. And as of today Houston really missed giving Cato up. Francis/Mobley duo was a nice backcourt that complimented one another. It was a fair deal for a player of Tmac's caliber.

I dont see why you started telling me what was done later on with the Orlando Magic. Totally irrelevant. The issue was trading a player like Tmac status and getting fair to equal value. Orlando got that. There is no argument saying otherwise. So give it a rest.

Quote:
I think you use the word great too lightly. They were a pretty good duo, but even together not worth T-mac. You never can truly evaluate a deal until a few seasons pass, because thats when then there is enough evidence to see who won and who lost.

Since when was that true? Who won and who lost here? Let me see, what has Houston done since getting Tmac? WCF? NBA finals? NBA title? I didnt think so. Meanwhile Tmac spent more times pondering retiring, tired of playing basketball and on a damn stretcher. Sure we can sit here today and say Houston won the deal but the win is NOTHING to brag about. Like I said at the time of the TRADE it was a fair one. I dont see why your mind cant comprehend such a simple matter considering the list of star players dealt for much less. The fact your silly antic of using "<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<" just speaks volumes of your argument.

Quote:

*scrolls*

Yeah didnt think so. No one posted that moron.

How many games have you watched Juwon Howard play? College & Pro? Or your homeland didnt recieve many college games of the Fab 5? Has to stuck living basically isolated and limited to bball access then trying your best to discuss it. Guess if it werent for the net having stat profiles, articles and others who saw Howard speakin on him. You'd be ***** out of luck. I'll PM you some info on Howard career at both levels that way you can relay it to the board in a later date so they can say "Wow CED knows his stuff".
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: