Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Damon Stoudemire requests trade

Quote:
Grizzlies veteran point guard Damon Stoudamire will seek a trade or contract buyout, his agent said Thursday. Stoudamire was removed from the starting lineup in favor of first-round draft pick Mike Conley. Stoudamire was on the inactive list for the Grizzlies' victory Wednesday over Indiana. Aaron Goodwin, an experienced NBA agent with a star-studded client list, called the decision to relegate Stoudamire to an insurance player at the point unacceptable and disrespectful.
From the ISH rumors, which at the same time is linked from here

Probably more due to the record; the starting lineup was just an excuse. Good thing, have him gone and maybe we get something back -a draft pick maybe?-

Who wants Damon?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Damon Stoudemire requests trade

Maybe an expirer and a pick, no way anyone gives up anything decent for an aging Damon.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he's not necessary anymore anyways. conley appears to be the starter now, and conley is actually willing to pass the ball. cya later damon.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Damon is 34, I think. He has a season or two left before his legs probably give out
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Clipper could probably use him.. but the problem is they dont have anything to give in return....
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Maybe package him with Miller to the Heat for Jason Williams' expirer? Of course, other players/picks/expirers may have to be involved in the deal, but that's the main part of the trade.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #7
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

It seems to me that only moving one "big" (Miller, Gasol) could end up with Damon being involved in a trade. There are very few teams looking for an experienced PG and none of them seems to have something valuable in return for the Grizzlies.
I'm not sure that trading Miller for an expirer would be a smart move, though. He looks comfortable in the up-tempo style and Memphis would lose one of their prime assests and Navarro will be an unrestricted free agent next summer, so the SG spot will be empty if they can not keep him. And even keeping JC, they will need another good one (a starter or coming off the bench). Memphis would be force to wait for the draft and pray for a good pick or try the free agency market for a good SG, and looking back to last summer's acquisition (Darko) I'm not sure the Grizzlies would be able to get what they need.
Moving Gasol could be a better option in that sense, but then you need to get something really good in return and I don't see a good trade right now. So if Memphis is going to get rid of Damon, maybe the only real option is a contract buyout.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Who cares.If we get a second round pick for him thats good enough for me.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #9
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Who cares.If we get a second round pick for him thats good enough for me.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

Im just saying.Ever since damon got here he has done nothing but slow down the team.He is to old to run.And he is like a dad past his prime trying to show the youngsters he has still got it.So he tries to score more then he should.Then sits around and tell the young guns about the good old days when he got drafted and played with the blazers when they were pushing for a ring.He has not thrown one alley oop pass or made a good fast break since coming here.He is old I am glad he is leaving.He was taking time from actual good helpful players.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
berraco
Darko The Ripper

I really understand, because that's what I think too. I remember him at the beginning of the season asking for the trade, but Iavaroni and Wallace convinced him to stay. That was the big mistake. Maybe at that time Memphis would have been able to get something useful in return. After seeing him playing during the year, I don't thing any team would push for him unless someone valuable goes along with him. And his contract is high enough (more than 4 M$) to make the things much more difficult.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

One of those deals that seems good at the time.If he hadnt torn his acl that year.Maybe we would have won a playoff game or two.But he goes down.Then the team goes into a downward spiral.Now were broke and looking to trade everyone.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:57 AM   #13
artificial

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I just noticed that on the roster, the team captain is Damon. Not Pau, not anyone else but the one requesting a trade. :
Old 01-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I just noticed that on the roster, the team captain is Damon. Not Pau, not anyone else but the one requesting a trade. :
Maybe because he's the most experienced, I don't know.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #15
artificial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Maybe because he's the most experienced, I don't know.
For some reason I thought Gasol -who has a good share of experience and is a more relevant piece of the team- was captain, at least co-captain, and was surprised the only captain is requesting for a trade.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: