Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 06-10-2006, 03:29 AM   #1
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation
Default I can fix the sonics

Just trade Lewis, Ridnour, Collison, Wilkins and your first rounder for Garnett

The Wolves have to do that.

Petro/Swift
Wilcox
Garnett
Sugar ray
Watson

Some other Fa's

This team could make Seattle a sunny city....oh wait.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

And the Wolves have the honor of becoming the Ray Allen-less Seattle Supersonics..
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #3
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

I'm not really a fan of Rashard game so I'd be willing to take that trade.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:38 AM   #4
TheBrownSound
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheBrownSound has an OK reputation so far

agreed hkm, when dallas offered that contract a few years ago, i kinda hoped he'd take it... anyway, we agree luke sucks as a starter. we should trade. fortson is a rebounding macnine, people want Lewis, we have 3 project centers (i like swift), luke is expendable IMO - the sonics could make something happen... yet our gm sucks, and nothing will happen... we will blow the wilcox deal, just watch...
TheBrownSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #5
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation

07-08 Wolves

Oden/Noah
Collison
Lewis
McCants
Ridnour

07-08 Sonics

Sene
Wilcox
Garnett
Allen
Watson

not bad definetly gets the edge in the deal
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default nope nope

garnett's overrated. he is thirty also ( we could get ervin johnson and stacey augmon if we wanted to go the geriatric route)

develop the talent around the mainstays allen and lewis

look for chemistry players. too much turnover adds to the instability of the sonics.
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default no geriatric fix please

garnett's overrated. he is thirty also ( we could get ervin johnson and stacey augmon if we wanted to go the geriatric route)

develop the talent around the mainstays allen and lewis

look for chemistry players. too much turnover adds to the instability of the sonics.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:20 AM   #8
Czar
I airball my layups

Czar has an OK reputation so far

Trade Ray Allen and Lewis. Then let Wilcox go. Start from scratch. Use one season to see what all the youngsters on your team have. Then go from there. You can save a lot of money this year but it will be worth it in a few years.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:48 PM   #9
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
07-08 Wolves

Oden/Noah
Collison
Lewis
McCants
Ridnour

07-08 Sonics

Sene
Wilcox
Garnett
Allen
Watson

not bad definetly gets the edge in the deal

You don't HONESTLY think Minnesota would be able to land both Greg Oden and Joakim Noah, do you? They would have to get the #1 pick for that, and any team with Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Chris Wilcox are automatically out of the top 8 or 9. And they couldn't get it with their own pick, b/c any team with Randy Foye, Rashard Lewis, Rashad McCants, and Luke Ridnour are automatically out of the top 3. You could only hope to get lucky. Say you get #3 and #9. You could take Noah at 3, and get someone else at #9, or you could trade both picks for #1. Either way, they wouldn't be able to land both Oden and Noah. Unless by the slash you meant either one of them. In that case, you should also list the other pick to avoid confusion.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: I can fix the sonics

bump

Anyone think this could have been a possible deal?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

i can fix the sonics

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...5~25&te=&cash=

why Seattle will do this...
Andre Miller is a terrific stat-filling distributor... his prescence will help Durant develop into a better scorer... he also provides defence and veteren leadership at the point... a terrific player for a young team like the Sonics
Reggie Evans will replace Kurt Thomas as a rebounder... basically just filling in...

why Philly will do this...
Wilkins is a complimentary player to Iguodala... a scoring swingman to help out AI2 will be great for them...
KT will provide front court leadership for them... will compliment Dalembert as a high-post defender/scorer...
Ridnour just filling in to share minutes with Louis Williams at the point...

Seattle
PG-Andre Miller/Earl Watson
SG-Kevin Durant/Delonte West
SF-Jeff Green/Wally Szczerbiak/Mickael Gelabale
PF-Reggie Evans/Nick Collison
C-Chris Wilcox/Johan Petro/Mohd Sene
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #12
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far
Wink Re: I can fix the sonics

I don't mind that at all. One of the better ideas I've seen. The swing is, of course- 'is cap relief one year earlier, with KT, better than relief a year later than that, with Miller'.

Being as they're supposedly trying to move Miller, or at least open to it, I would say it IS better (for them).

I presume Rainier would say this won't happen as it'll make us better, however

Last edited by 1982 : 12-26-2007 at 08:16 AM.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #13
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982
I don't mind that at all. One of the better ideas I've seen. The swing is, of course- 'is cap relief one year earlier, with KT, better than relief a year later than that, with Miller'.

Being as they're supposedly trying to move Miller, or at least open to it, I would say it IS better (for them).

I presume Rainer would say this won't happen as it'll make us better, however

you know me TOO well....
Old 12-25-2007, 08:29 PM   #14
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
you know me TOO well....

really? Philly is getting rid of Andre Miller though...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #15
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
really? Philly is getting rid of Andre Miller though...

the point was: it would improve the sonics

but i have held the opinion all along that bennett does NOT want the team to win lest the seattle community rally around the team and keep them in seattle

it is his intent to move them; having a losing team alienates us fans and makes his goal more attainable
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: