Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-31-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
INFINITY2152
Can barely lace up my sneakers

INFINITY2152 has an OK reputation so far
Default What does Ben Gordon have to do?

Every day, I see people talking about trading Ben gordon for a bigger two guard. Now, in his rookie year, he won the sixth man award, and should have gotten the ROY due to how many games he saved for his team. He outscored every player in the entire NBA (Kobe, Iverson, Lebron, Garnett, everybody) in the fourth quarter, which is when it really counts. He played just as well last year, and yet people are still talking about trading him like every day. He appears to be a good teammate. Exactly what does he have to do for Bulls fans to support him? He can't change his height, so what? Is the only judgement of an NBA players value his height? That's the same crap that lost us Elton Brand. Trade Ben Gordon, and watch him average 25 a game on a team where he gets his shots.
INFINITY2152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:36 PM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFINITY2152
Every day, I see people talking about trading Ben gordon for a bigger two guard. Now, in his rookie year, he won the sixth man award, and should have gotten the ROY due to how many games he saved for his team. He outscored every player in the entire NBA (Kobe, Iverson, Lebron, Garnett, everybody) in the fourth quarter, which is when it really counts. He played just as well last year, and yet people are still talking about trading him like every day. He appears to be a good teammate. Exactly what does he have to do for Bulls fans to support him? He can't change his height, so what? Is the only judgement of an NBA players value his height? That's the same crap that lost us Elton Brand. Trade Ben Gordon, and watch him average 25 a game on a team where he gets his shots.

Ben Gordon shouldn't be traded. He is a stud and will be a future all-star. He is super clutch. It would be a huge mistake to trade him just because he is around 6'0.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default ...

Ben isn't going anywhere.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:16 AM   #4
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far
Default joe

the bulls don't need to trade anybody the bulls are sick slick and mad quick
cats from denver and dallas and daluth are tweakin, chicagoians have mad love for ben
chicagoans keep their bulls scheduals in their wallets
we got two bens and a god deng
real bulls fans were chearin on ronny mercer
thats love
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

last year, the only way u guys could beat the heat was when jordan was watching it and inducing his super nba ability, now i think u can do it without him in the stands. good job guys.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #6
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Ben Gordon shouldn't be traded. He is a stud and will be a future all-star. He is super clutch. It would be a huge mistake to trade him just because he is around 6'0.

i'll second that
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default ...

He may make one all-star game, but realistically he's not going to make it in the near future, his best bet would be in his last 20's because as of right now with all the great guards in the East, it's pretty much impossible to make it because those other guys are fixtures. I'm talking about the Brons, Iversons, Wades, PP, Vince..
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:40 AM   #8
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He may make one all-star game, but realistically he's not going to make it in the near future, his best bet would be in his last 20's because as of right now with all the great guards in the East, it's pretty much impossible to make it because those other guys are fixtures. I'm talking about the Brons, Iversons, Wades, PP, Vince..

There is a logjam at guard with AI, Wade, Pierce, VC, Kidd, Redd, Billups, Rip, and Arenas. I won't count Lebron cuz he's basically a SF now, but you could throw him in the mix. Gordon would need to have an outstanding first half with some game winners, and the Bulls would have to be leading the East for him to get voted in. You are right Carbine, that he will have the best chance a few years down the road if some of those guys leave the East and Gordon continues to improve.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:39 AM   #9
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Ben isn't going anywhere.

Amen. Everyone talks about a bigger guard instead of Ben Gordon staying, but think about this: The Detroit Pistons won two rings with Isiaih Thomas and Joe Dumars as their starting backcourt (6'-1" and 6'-3"), the Sixers made the Finals with the smallest backcourt ever. Eric Snow (6'-3") and A.I. (6'-1")

Kirk and Ben are both 6'-3". I gues if they were both 6'-4" or 6'-5" it would be ok?
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:51 PM   #10
BullRaps
I airball my layups

BullRaps has an OK reputation so far

Gordon is a ballhog. He will never be an all-star. To me, he's just a glorified 6th man.
BullRaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:00 AM   #11
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullRaps
Gordon is a ballhog. He will never be an all-star. To me, he's just a glorified 6th man.

Are you going to explain why you think this? or are you just going to say things and not back it up
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:41 PM   #12
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Bulls aren't a fan of gordon's defense. They see him as a scorer who needs to improve on everything else, that's why they keep using him in that manner
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: