Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #1
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation
Default First Time Playing 'Oblivian'

Just rented it for the first time and I think it's a good game. I've never played a mid-evil first person shooter before. Different from the rest.

Still getting use to the buttons and menus and I got pretty far in the prison but died to a troll that shoots magic. Good game overall though.

Last edited by Aldridge Fan : 01-05-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation
Default Re: First Time Playing 'Oblivian'

Never really got into it. It seems good, but I just kind of get a lost feeling in it, it is a little too unstructured imo, I love many of the features but it just feels so directionless and lacking in the story department, which is a pity.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Never really got into it. It seems good, but I just kind of get a lost feeling in it, it is a little too unstructured imo, I love many of the features but it just feels so directionless and lacking in the story department, which is a pity.

Any others you recommend that are mid-evil for Xbox 360?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it's fun for a while but gets repetitive. i have a level 20+ character and i just had fun dungeon raiding. i've only destroyed 5 oblivion gates or so, i haven't played it for months. the graphics are awesome.

and by medievel, do you mean a RPG?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
and by medievel, do you mean a RPG?

Just whatever you suggest.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:05 PM   #6
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1

I have to disagree. They're so many quests with excellent stories(especially the Dark Brotherhood stuff!). It's not really direction-less, it's just very open-ended. If you want to have direction you can, just stick to one quest.

Quote:
Just whatever you suggest.

Yeah I want to hear some too, I love these kind of games. Also, if you like RPG games, try Mass Effect. Very good!

Last edited by WhiteMosɘs : 01-05-2008 at 07:08 PM.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #7
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

problem with oblivion is that there are only several basic types of dungeons. I played the game about a year ago, but quickly got bored with it due to this weakness. Also, the NPC's become monotonous after a while.
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
problem with oblivion is that there are only several basic types of dungeons. I played the game about a year ago, but quickly got bored with it due to this weakness. Also, the NPC's become monotonous after a while.

I haven't even started going in the dungeons yet.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I liked the PC version but ONLY after getting some of the fan-made mods. There was one mod that change the entire levelling/experience system as well as some other things called Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and it was amazing.

The unmodded game sucked for me. You could go through the main story, beat the game at level 1 since the game adjusted the challenge to your character's level. That was completely stupid IMO and ruined the gameplay (only to be saved by mods).

I did get bored of it later anyways though. Going through the same 3 dungeon types time after time and the tedious Oblivion gate stuff got boring.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #10
IMAGINE
Banned

IMAGINE has an OK reputation so far

I loved the game but agree with Qwyjibo, the way they made the leveling system ALMOST completely ruined the game for me. However, I still put in over 150 hours into it.
IMAGINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Horrible game.

You can buy it at Gamestop for 9$ its so bad.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:21 AM   #12
IMAGINE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Horrible game.

You can buy it at Gamestop for 9$ its so bad.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Publisher: 2K Games
Number of P/Reviews: 322 Xbox 360 94.0%

good job
Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 AM   #13
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAGINE
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Publisher: 2K Games
Number of P/Reviews: 322 Xbox 360 94.0%

good job

I guess if you've never played a real MMORPG on a PC it may be decent. I played it on PS3 (borrowed it) and it's laughable compared to online PC MMORPG's.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 AM   #14
IMAGINE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I guess if you've never played a real MMORPG on a PC it may be decent. I played it on PS3 (borrowed it) and it's laughable compared to online PC MMORPG's.

You're comparing a MMORPG to a single player game Apple and oranges my friend.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:54 AM   #15
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAGINE
You're comparing a MMORPG to a single player game Apple and oranges my friend.

A RPG is a RPG...

I choose not to play repetitive, poorly implimented RPG's with no online capability.

If you like Oblivion, send me a PM and i'll show you some RPG's that will blow your mind. Actually, 2008 is going to have 4 or 5 major MMORPG releases. I don't see why anyone would choose to play Oblivion (that's probaby why it's the cheapest PS3 game in Gamestop).

Also, don't buy those online "custumer reviews". My friend actually works for a marketing firm and one of his jobs is to "stuff the ballots". Most of those "customer reviews" are made by employees for the company who actually make the game. It's actually a incredibly successful tactic and cheap as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: