Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-31-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster
Default How long before you think The Bobcats will be a top team in the East?

Just wondering how long do you think it will take? I think that if this team can grow together then I think it will take 3-4 years. 2 if we are lucky.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Depends on what we do this offseason. If we don't do anything major then it will be 3-4 years before Charlotte returns to the city it was when the Hornets contended in the east.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

think after this year we'll have the experience to make the playoffs but not really be a 'top team in the east' unless we get one more great forward/center and all our young guys turn into good solid NBA players as however excited we are about our young guys lots of them could be awesome all-stars or could be busts. That probably take 3-4 years yeah till we winning things.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Everybody thinks it will take 3-4 years right? At least close to that.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

How do you define 'top' team? If you mean breaking .500 then perhaps two or three years. If you mean having a win-lose record good enough to get the Cats into the playoffs, well that's really hard to predict at this point. Given that we have quite a few new players and even those players injured last year and returning this season can be considered 'new' considering that many of our guys haven't played together, learned each others skills and temperaments and developed their defensive and offensive strategies.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:03 AM   #6
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
How do you define 'top' team? If you mean breaking .500 then perhaps two or three years. If you mean having a win-lose record good enough to get the Cats into the playoffs, well that's really hard to predict at this point. Given that we have quite a few new players and even those players injured last year and returning this season can be considered 'new' considering that many of our guys haven't played together, learned each others skills and temperaments and developed their defensive and offensive strategies.

I define top team as top 4 in the East. I know that right now that seems crazy but our team is so young and full of so much potential that if they can grow together then they will be a froce to be rekond with.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

A top 4 team in the East? Maybe after Shaq retires and the Heat go back to the mediocre team they were before Shaq and Wade. Maybe then, assuming the team meshes well, will we be top 4.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:47 PM   #8
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Depends on who they can pick up in FA next year, since its going to be a deep class. And they'll probably get another nice rookiee this year, like Kevin Durant or Thad Young. You guys are gonna have a solid team if you can stay healthy and get a little deeper.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:30 AM   #9
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

I'd give it 5-6 years.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #10
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

I think 5 years sounds good if they keep the core of Felton, Okafor, Wallace and Morrison

All I think they really need to do is first gain experiance then sign bench players in the off-season. I think Sean May will grow into a good center if he wants to play that position. He's a little short for it, but he's thick and can play D and gets boards.

So if in 2010-2011 season their starting line-up looks similar too this

PG - R. Felton
SG - G. Wallace
SF - A. Morrison
PF - E. Okafor
C - S. May

Then I think they'll be a play-off team. This is also pending on what they do in upcomming drafts, who could potentially break out off the bench and if they sign a big name.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #11
9spurs
Serious playground baller

9spurs has an OK reputation so far

2-3 seasons. They need a star to take them there... probably Ray Allen would be a good fit
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #12
tgwillie63
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tgwillie63 has an OK reputation so far

S. May as your Center you guys are going to suck! You need someone taller than 6ft 9. I would at least put Okafor as you center and May as your PF that should get you to 42 wins...
tgwillie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Ray Allen would want too much to come here and May will never be a starting center in the league. He just plays the position well and will rake in good minutes there off the bench. We need to sign a solid center or build Hollins into a superstar because Okafor is a PF and isn't comfortable at center.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #14
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwillie63
S. May as your Center you guys are going to suck! You need someone taller than 6ft 9. I would at least put Okafor as you center and May as your PF that should get you to 42 wins...

He might be short, but he is thick and was one of the best rebounding rookies in the league if not the best. Ben Wallace is 6'7" and people said the same thing about him playing center in Boston and Orlando that you just said. Not saying May is the next Ben Wallace, but he has more potential than Brezec and is the best choice to play center on that team in the future unless they pick up somebody else who is more qualified like a Michael Olowakandi. Okafor is not strong enough to play center for 82 games, maybe 10 minutes a night but not to start every game at that position.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:25 PM   #15
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Impossible to predict, since we saw little of sean may, and emeka okafor didn't seem to improve in his season season before getting hurt
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: