Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 01-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

DEBORAH has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation This and That

I am wondering, using girlie logic here, but if the KINGS really wanted to keep ARTEST and BIBBY would they not offer them a quality extension and not have this * trade talk* coming to the surface ( again)?

You have to wonder tho, will Artest still have problems even tho he had had these bone chips removed?

I could not find another thread to put this in so I had to make a new one.
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: This and That

Seeing how John Salmons and Beno Udrih have risen their games since being in Sactown do you think now the Kings should trade Bibby and Artest.

How would do you think this lineup would do if Bibby and Artest was traded?

PG-Udrih
SG-Martin
SF-Salmons
PF-Moore
C-Miller
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

Exclamation Re: This and That

That would be a KILLER lineup! I wonder tho, I think both Bibby and Artest will have to play many games upon their return to show the scouts that their injurires have not slowed them down, or their trade value will go way down.

The GM has a big decision to make along with the owners, and do not forget we not only need VALUE for these two men, we need GOOD players who can be backups to certain players.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I think the Kings aren't sure what direction to go right now. They could trade Bibby and not be rebuilding. Or trade both Bibby and Artest and begin a true rebuild, etc.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

As I said the GM ( Petrie) has to make some decisions and really the trade deadling is only six weeks from this Thursday if I have my dates correct, the deadline is 2-21 is it not, if no trades then what happens at the end of the season?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Seeing how John Salmons and Beno Udrih have risen their games since being in Sactown do you think now the Kings should trade Bibby and Artest.

How would do you think this lineup would do if Bibby and Artest was traded?

PG-Udrih
SG-Martin
SF-Salmons
PF-Moore
C-Miller

Pretty well, and also take into account that they will also be getting something back by trading those two, AND they get a lottery draft pick this year.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #7
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

I alluded to the getting back ( of players) in a trade, BUT, the GM will have to make sure they are getting quality players, men who can back up the starters, there needs to be value for value, not receive players that have been sitting on the bench forever.

Only 5 more weeks, men, check in with your responses, do you think our fantastic GM has something in the works before the trade deadline?

Brad, your opinion also.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Cisco has really stepped up his play in Artest and Martin's absense... I think we need a better PF.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

Was * our* * GM* this slow to act when he had the same job in Portland?

I just do not think he is going to let the tradeline go by without trading someone, another site says that Kenny is available, not particularly one of the head coaches favorite players. SAD.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #10
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
Cisco has really stepped up his play in Artest and Martin's absense... I think we need a better PF.

Our young players are really trying but some of them imo arent all that...especially how we hype them up

douby is one of them...i dnt know if its because he still cant crack the rotation or if its because we constantly bring in guys to play combo guard when he is highly capable to do so! and its sickening!

Every Gm is playing the trade deadline real close ..no one wants to pull a trigger on players

And sorry guys i havent been on posting for a while...I'm still a kings fan just really pissed at all the injuries and lack of moves that were on the table and what i felt were GREAT moves to start us off with..to the future..petrie thinks otherwise. But i regularly come on and read.

I agree BBB i missed those days aswell. Oh how soon i suspect those days to return. AND WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED to LAZYBOY?? why was he banned!
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: