Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #46
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

Default Re: How can i take my game to the next level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Koscik
That's because you have bad chemistry with your teammates and don't know where they will be. True championship teams always have "eyes in the back of their head's" so to speak, because of chemistry. You can back someone down, and just catch of glimpse of your teammates jersey, and know where he's going for the bucket.

That's what the older team is like, but the younger team chemistry is atrocious.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:44 AM   #47
KJones
Banned

To handle pressure from quicker defenders on the dribble you need to learn how to use your body, rarely are you going to totally beat a quality defender, focus keeping him on your shoulder and hip that way you can easily "walk" him to a spot on the floor. Remember you have the ball!! he has to react to you, you should be putting pressure on him, not the other way around. subtly manipulate him until you get him in a bad position. Its not about pure speed. You'll have to control the "reactionary gap" this is not my forum so I'm not going to go in depth on the subject. Stay poised. Improve shooting by shooting, the more you practice making shots the better you will shoot. You need to gain weight assuming you reach 5'11" to 6'2" you'll need to weigh 180 to 212 pounds. The Better Basketball series is great for developing skills to beat mediocre to average players, better players will eat it up because the videos don't put enough emphasis on explaining situational body and foot placement. Those videos are useful as a reference at best.

http://www.program51.com
http://jumpingj.proboards40.com/
KJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:59 AM   #48
trig
Decent college freshman

work on your hesitation move. you dont have to outrun everybody to get away from them. change your speed, look in different directions etc. if you still haven't dribbled yet, use your pivot, jab step, fake pass etc. just keep your opponent guessing. Sometimes its easier to beat an aggresive defender as they react right away.

best example i could think of right now is paul pierce and adrian griffin. they are not really quicker than their opponent but they find their way to the basket. esp griffin, he's slow as hell.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #49
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
That's what the older team is like, but the younger team chemistry is atrocious.

Yeah. But don't even worry about it. I find it helps to not only work by yourself to all these things, but to invite a teammate to help too, even more, someone you generally look for on the court. Since your a PG, bring a big man. Learn his style, and learn to find him easier.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:37 AM   #50
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Koscik
Yeah. But don't even worry about it. I find it helps to not only work by yourself to all these things, but to invite a teammate to help too, even more, someone you generally look for on the court. Since your a PG, bring a big man. Learn his style, and learn to find him easier.

It's like there's the starting 5 and a couple of bench players who are all cool and then the rest are always dropping comments and blaming eachother. It's as if there is two teams.

And yeah cool, good idea.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:51 AM   #51
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJones
To handle pressure from quicker defenders on the dribble you need to learn how to use your body, rarely are you going to totally beat a quality defender, focus keeping him on your shoulder and hip that way you can easily "walk" him to a spot on the floor. Remember you have the ball!! he has to react to you, you should be putting pressure on him, not the other way around. subtly manipulate him until you get him in a bad position. Its not about pure speed. You'll have to control the "reactionary gap" this is not my forum so I'm not going to go in depth on the subject. Stay poised. Improve shooting by shooting, the more you practice making shots the better you will shoot. You need to gain weight assuming you reach 5'11" to 6'2" you'll need to weigh 180 to 212 pounds. The Better Basketball series is great for developing skills to beat mediocre to average players, better players will eat it up because the videos don't put enough emphasis on explaining situational body and foot placement. Those videos are useful as a reference at best.

http://www.program51.com
http://jumpingj.proboards40.com/

Please elaborate.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:26 AM   #52
Trajko
Saw a basketball once

If you are thin as some other members here say, you should consider working out.

For the NBA, you definitely need to be strong.

1. ) I'd suggest working on fundamentals. Start doing some sprints (suicides). Do about 15 of them with 5 minutes rest at first, then gradually reduce the time you take for resting.

So, that's running as you can see. Then I'd go for jumping. Just jump jump.

2.) Stand on the free throw line, and start running toward the basket (that's about 2-3 meters) and when you're alomost under the rim, do a jump shot. This completes one rep. Do 15 reps to complete a set and 5 sets to finish the day. Rest for a minute between sets.

3.) Shoot the ball the more you can and keep positive mental attitude.

There are way too many things to list here in order to improve your game, since you asked such a general question.

-----------------

I have basketball website full of free basketball tips for you to use.

It's at:

http://www.best-basketball-tips.com
Trajko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #53
''Pistol Pete''
Learning to shoot layups

For your shot I suggest you record yourself shooting and break down your shooting mechanics..You're 14 years old might aswell get great technique right now and shooting might become alot easier.
''Pistol Pete'' is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: