Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
CySniper
Banned

CySniper has decent reputation
Default Wii Games

Theres only about 5 good games Does anybody else think the wii lacks good games? and NBA LIVE 08 is ****ty i herd
CySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Wii Games

Well here are a few of the good Wii games:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Strikers
Super Paper Mario

Mario games…but theres more…

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Wii Sports
Excite Truck
Metroid Prime 3
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Battalion Wars II
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

hmmm only first party games…well here are a few more

Zack & Wiki
Geometry Wars Galaxies
NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams
Kororinpa: Marble Mania
Shin Chuka Taisen
Carnival Games
Trauma Center
Elebits
Resident Evil 4

Depending on personal tastes there may be even a few more good games.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

mario kart and super smash bros brawl are due out this year too
ZHAKIDD532 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #4
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Well here are a few of the good Wii games:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Strikers
Super Paper Mario

Mario games…but theres more…

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Wii Sports
Excite Truck
Metroid Prime 3
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Battalion Wars II
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

hmmm only first party games…well here are a few more

Zack & Wiki
Geometry Wars Galaxies
NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams
Kororinpa: Marble Mania
Shin Chuka Taisen
Carnival Games
Trauma Center
Elebits
Resident Evil 4

Depending on personal tastes there may be even a few more good games.

ummm yeah that seems like a bunch to me...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

super mario galaxy is far and away the best one. its a must have, and makes a wii purchase worth it. prolly the best game out on any console right now imho.

also playing:

metroid
medal of honor heroes 2
zelda
resident evil umbrella chronicles
elebits
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

is wii even fun?.. i heard people sayin wii>xbox360 is it tru?
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #7
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
is wii even fun?.. i heard people sayin wii>xbox360 is it tru?
for me the wii is the funnest system to come out yet but it lacks good games and graphics like crazy
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #8
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
for me the wii is the funnest system to come out yet but it lacks good games and graphics like crazy

Yeah it's mad fun. It almost certainly has the best games out right now, it just doesn't have the depth of the 360. Mario, Metroid, Zelda and Wii Sports might be the 4 best console exclusive games out right now, certainly the best 4 that I've played. Just plain fun. It just doesn't have the depth and the sports games aren't very good on it. The graphics power is also a fair bit behind, but they are seriously fun and cheap, which is a great combo.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:21 AM   #9
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

I think the problem with Wii is that not a lot of "standard" games on there. It's lacking in racers, sports and Rpgs in particular. If it weren't for my PC I'd most likely have purchased a 360 to go along with it by now. The games it does have though are awesome. By far I have more fun playing Wii with friends than I do playing a FPS/RTS online sitting solo at my PC.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:00 AM   #10
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The games on the Wii are vastly different to any sort of other consoles I've played before. Which is a good thing, shows their individuality.

I only got my Wii at Xmas, so only got a few games, but will be making some more purchases soon.

Mario Strikers Charged Football - Very fun game! The game itself doesn't have much life in the league mode or whatever its called, but going online is very fun. It's really easy to find opponents, and you get to see your overall record against everyone else in the world. It resets itself after every week though which is good. So if you play online for hours and hours you'll get yourself in top 200-300 players. Sometimes gets frustrating because of players who overuse certain character moves which many regard as not fair and a cheap way of winning, and of course you'll always get the sore losers who disconnect because your giving them a whooping! Each match lasts 3 minutes, and playing people online is a best of 3 series of matches. I played the number 1 player in the world last night (wonder what the odds of getting him/her as my opponent out of the thousands online at the same). Of course I lost the best of 3 series, but I only lost 2-1 in the first match and 5-2 in the second match, which might sound bad, but in this game they are pretty respectable scores.

Guitar Hero 3 - Haven't played it much myself but my Dad has been hooked on it for hours, even though most of his time has been spent in the tutorial

Wiisports - Of course most of us know about this one, and its pretty fun in small doses. I hadn't been given any games over xmas until I bought them, so I had to play Wiisports for a few days. Some very fun mini games but not something thats going to keep you entertained for weeks on end.

I intend to buy Super Mario Galaxy soon next time I can be bothered to go shopping.

EDIT: I've also heard NBA Live 08 for Wii is just terrible. No dynasty mode, PS2 like graphics, and unlike most Wii games, the controls are not quite as responsive as usual.

Last edited by ukballer : 01-07-2008 at 05:02 AM.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #11
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Yeah it's mad fun. It almost certainly has the best games out right now, it just doesn't have the depth of the 360. Mario, Metroid, Zelda and Wii Sports might be the 4 best console exclusive games out right now, certainly the best 4 that I've played. Just plain fun. It just doesn't have the depth and the sports games aren't very good on it. The graphics power is also a fair bit behind, but they are seriously fun and cheap, which is a great combo.

Co-signed on that one, but i think if they were to notch the graphics up they would be more expensive. They are ridiculous fun for a reasonable price... i liked wii play alot... no one else find that game fun??
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Mario is fun... but it lacks challenge

only buy it if you are a nintendo fanboy or you enjoy fun little puzzles and jumping around and colors flashing all around.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #13
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Mario is fun... but it lacks challenge

only buy it if you are a nintendo fanboy or you enjoy fun little puzzles and jumping around and colors flashing all around.

did you collect all 120 stars? some of the later unlockable levels got pretty tough i thought.

i think it's the best platformer ever made, and completely redefines the genre. they put more effort and attention to detail into level design than i've ever seen.

it's also the best graphical representation on the wii. a wii is seriously wasted without this game at this point in it's life cycle tbh imo.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
did you collect all 120 stars? some of the later unlockable levels got pretty tough i thought.

i think it's the best platformer ever made, and completely redefines the genre. they put more effort and attention to detail into level design than i've ever seen.

it's also the best graphical representation on the wii. a wii is seriously wasted without this game at this point in it's life cycle tbh imo.

i'm at 95 stars.

trying to unlock the Green Star galaxies which are supposedly really hard.

I beat bowser but I haven't gotten to the purple coin missions yet.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's easy until you unlock Luigi, and have to start over with him. Luigi slides whenever you stop, plus he's faster and can jump higher/farther.

Luigi = Hard Mode

Plus, you'll find that the last 20 stars can be difficult. Some of the purple coin comets are a *****.

Anyway, I've been playing Guiater Hero III and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. Both are very fun. There are enough good games out for the Wii. Even more to come.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: