Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 02-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far
Default Shaq on The Block

Quote:
Citing two sources close to the situation, the Miami Herald reported on Tuesday that the team has told the center that he should be prepared for a possible deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines

Well by now I'm sure most people already heard about Shaq being placed on the trading block. I honestly don't think Shaq will be going to Phoenix because it just doesn't seem worth while for the Suns. However, I still believe the Mavs would be a perfect place for him and it would benefit both sides. If the Mavs would send Keith Van Horn's contract (which they can sign to virtually whatever they want), Diop, maybe another filler, and a draft pick that's enough for Shaq. Since what the Heat really need is to just get rid of Shaq's massive contract, a contract that Cuban would be happy to pay if it helps the time win which it would. Imagine Shaq down low (even at this point in his career he still needs to be doubled most of the time) with Dirk, Stack, and Jason Terry on the perimeter. That would be a deadly team on offense and they wouldn't even need Shaq to play more then 26-30 mins a game.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

Wadeaminute has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Shaq on The Block

I was just going to post this, but you beat me to it.

Anyhoo, From what I have heard, the trade is marcus banks and shawn marion from phoenix to miami for shaq. Not if Riley is able to pull this move out of his hat, it will be amazin.
Wadeaminute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

great deal for miami!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Shaq wasn't going to do anything else for you guys, and now you get an excellent SF/PF in Marion, plus a decent PG in Banks. I think Heat fans have suffered enough, all you guys need to do now is draft a good big man, and you could be back in the playoffs next year.

Unloading Shaq is a masterful stroke, I never thought anyone would take him. Congrats Pat Riley. The Suns actually makes sense for Shaq, since they will now be able to play Amare at PF, which will be frightening. Plus, the Suns needed to counteract the Lakers acquisition of Pau. Could the Mavs be far away from trading for Jason Kidd?
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Unloading Shaq is a masterful stroke, I never thought anyone would take him.

I could not agree more with that statement, thought he'd be stuck there and maybe, just maybe get traded when he was in the final year of his contract.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: