Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-31-2006, 11:43 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default What would have to happen for us to make the playoffs this year?

Even though I'm one who thinks that we won't contend for another 2 years or so, looking at the records from last year, what would have to happen for us to have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs (SAYING WE STAY HEALTHY AND CLOSE OUT MOST CLOSE GAMES THIS YEAR)

Obviously Miami, Chicago and Detroit will most likely hold the top three seeds, New Jersey would probably be up there as well as Cleveland. But the 6-8 are still up in the air. Washington usually has to come strong in the 2nd half to grab a spot but can they do it again this year?

I don't think Atlanta or Orlando improved enough this year to even be better than us. As well as Toronto and New York, even though the Knicks are stacked with talent, I don't think Isaiah can make them work together to do well. Right now as I see it the EC will look like this.

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. New Jersey (I only put them there because I think the conference winner gets a top seed)
4. Cleveland
5. Detroit

It's really a toss up because these teams have a lot to lose and a lot to gain. You could maybe put Philly and Milwaukee in this group but I just don't think AI will be able to carry this team by himself.
6. Washington
7. Boston
8. Indiana

I really think the 7-8 seeds will come down to the end of the year with the two teams just barely making it in.
9. Philadelphia
10. Charlotte
11. Milwaukee
12. New York
13. Toronto
14. Orlando
15. Atlanta

IMO that's the way it could end up. Charlotte finishing at 10 would be a good lift for this team. It will leave them definitely knowing what they should improve on and ready for the next year.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:02 AM   #2
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

I doubt they finish that high even if they were all healthy. They will probably be at the bottom of the confrence and maybe even fighting for Greg Oden, even though they already have Okafor and May. That would be crazy though, if Oden does what he is expected in college(and hopefully declares for the draft), and the Bobcats get the #1 pick, they would probably have the three best college forwards for 4 years straight(Okafor,May, Morrison, Oden). They would probably be contenders for the next 5-10 years if they could keep that core.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

I don't know we won 26 games last year with basically no Meka or May after New Years and no go to scorer, plus with Felton as a rookie. Seeing that Felton will obviously be more accustomed to the NBA game now, and if everything goes right Morrison could end up being our go-to scorer and we have been together another year I see 35 wins being reachable at least, and if everything goes right we might could get even more.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

I think that we will finish around 12 or 11 in the conference. However, I think that next year, if we keep the players we have now, we will definetly contend for a spot. This team is going to be an elite team if we keep the core together for a long time. I am excited for the future of the Charlotte Bobcats.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

I'd say 10 or 11 in the east as think things will start slow but pick up later in season if we stay healthy.

Then the year after make the playoffs finishing like 7 or something.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: