Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 01-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far
Default as the trade deadline approaches...

ok we got utahs first rounder *which one playoff bound pick or new yorks need help figuring this out*

has anyone seen gordy gericek play for us yet stats::>?

do we want even more picks or can we pry a young talent ala' tyrus thomas *ish rumor* for andre miller

(sweet getting a 1st rounder from korver) im starting to like fast eddy it feels like how he built the jefferson trade but he's doing it backwards this time for a high draft pick including our own.

only win i'd like to see this season are v.s the lakers and according to the box we lost( im so conflicted with this because my brother is a laker fan named his son kobe im naming mine allen )

so i know this board is dead because this season barely resembles caring like deadbeat fathers.......sooooooo go draft class 08 i guess . that should be on the sixers.com site instead of our mini three.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: as the trade deadline approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsanchez306
ok we got utahs first rounder *which one playoff bound pick or new yorks need help figuring this out*

has anyone seen gordy gericek play for us yet stats::>?

do we want even more picks or can we pry a young talent ala' tyrus thomas *ish rumor* for andre miller

(sweet getting a 1st rounder from korver) im starting to like fast eddy it feels like how he built the jefferson trade but he's doing it backwards this time for a high draft pick including our own.

only win i'd like to see this season are v.s the lakers and according to the box we lost( im so conflicted with this because my brother is a laker fan named his son kobe im naming mine allen )

so i know this board is dead because this season barely resembles caring like deadbeat fathers.......sooooooo go draft class 08 i guess . that should be on the sixers.com site instead of our mini three.

Trade Miller, definitely, and try and get the best draft pick possible. Maybe even try and get two lottery picks.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

i would trade Miller, i mean he is your best bet to get draft picks, well him and Igodola. i dont know if AI2 can be a guy to 'build' your team around, he seems more like a certified role player, you know? but i still would try to keep him if at all possible.
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

First of all, there's no way Miller fetches you 2 lottery picks. Even if he gets you one, there is no guarantee what you're getting. How many 1st round draft picks are actually playing and making an impact from last years draft, 5 or 6 out of 30? Odds aren't that good.
Secondly, why would you want to get rid of the only player on the team who gets rid of the ball on time? Lou Williams is not a true pg and it shows during the half-court game. In transition, Williams is great, but when you get to the playoffs half court decisions win games.
I understand about the cap and how appealing it is to bounce Miller, but you need a guy like that to be the coach on the floor. If I were a big time free agent/trade option, I would feel re-assured knowing a pg like Miller was there to get me the ball in the right spots.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

we dont need a vet the only vets i want on this team are sammy d and andre iggy.
picks for miller ? who said picks(i just want another first) .....hell i'd trade him for cap space ala' suns kurt thomas. yes i know he's a pg why dont we give him to the cavs where he lead the league in apg ( i dont see this happening again mind you)
what free agents will want to come here if andre miller is still here he's an asset at best for us he's old which we dont need at all at the moment i mean we start willie green at sg for ray allens sake. louis williams a natural pg far from it but did you see that dunk from miami where he drove past wade ??? hell that'll put people in the seats and keep 76s in philly for now until we get better ( have you seen any home games we look like the hawks and i've never seen them play live ever.........)

SUPRISES SO FAR: sammy d is playing crazy d offence still out to lunch
iggy is well iggy.....sigh. (hit one at the buzzer to win one gives me hope for the padawan ronin)
andre miller still in sixer uniform
got rid of king
traded korver
louis fiasco williams still on bench
seen gordy g play against raptors doesn't look solid at all
we are not deadlast because we can't beat them show off knickerboxers and t'wolves.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
First of all, there's no way Miller fetches you 2 lottery picks. Even if he gets you one, there is no guarantee what you're getting. How many 1st round draft picks are actually playing and making an impact from last years draft, 5 or 6 out of 30? Odds aren't that good.
Secondly, why would you want to get rid of the only player on the team who gets rid of the ball on time? Lou Williams is not a true pg and it shows during the half-court game. In transition, Williams is great, but when you get to the playoffs half court decisions win games.
I understand about the cap and how appealing it is to bounce Miller, but you need a guy like that to be the coach on the floor. If I were a big time free agent/trade option, I would feel re-assured knowing a pg like Miller was there to get me the ball in the right spots.

I meant package him in a trade in which you might be able to get a first rounder, coupled with the draft pick they already have. If he's packaged with the right players, they might be able to get a lottery-caliber pick, but it'd be late lottery.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #7
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

I gotcha now.

I still think it'd be better to keep him, but I guess I'll have to (gulp) trust the FO if they do move him.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: