Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default The Knicks should trade francis

francis is a all star caliber player but they should try to move him. the knicks are goin to regret trading ariza because he is a good defender and he was a role player. and besides they got guards already. but the real reason they should move him is cause of nate. i really think hes goin to be a really good player.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

the only way nate gets good is if he finds a jumpshot, why trade francis? he just has to gel togethor with the offense
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
Michael_Who?
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Michael_Who? has an OK reputation so far

I used to debate a lot with my old man and a few of my friends. Real hardcore knick fans, though their obession is with the knicks of the 90s.

They say, if they know the Knicks, they will make one hell of a big deal this summer. Like a frontcourt/backcourt package. Francis/Crawford/Maurice Taylor is one example. For sure Francis is going bye bye, but he won't be leaving the knicks just by himself. expect a block buster trade.. not because of what players are being traded, but because of the money being involved. Knicks got all those guards maybe to make a trade for a player and get him to sign like a 7 yr contract for all we know. Zeke is crazy.
Michael_Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
OS2WIZ

Default Ariza wets his pants, Time to trade Starbury Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
francis is a all star caliber player but they should try to move him. the knicks are goin to regret trading ariza because he is a good defender and he was a role player. and besides they got guards already. but the real reason they should move him is cause of nate. i really think hes goin to be a really good player.

Horse manure! Yes Francis should be traded but Ariza was a clown on the court, totally undisciplined and uncoachable. He will go nowhere in the NBA. Time to dump Starbury also. Perhaps we can land Minne's #6 pick if we trade him for garbage that will be dumped. Then we can move up and take Marcus Williams. He can pass and play defense. That puts him light years ahead of Starbury and Francis. Then LB can bring this team to the playoffs after next year and in 3 years to the Eastern Conference finals. I think we can trade a couple of guys pus some picks to pry Artest loose from Sacramento. I would be willing to part with Lee and Nate plus couple picks if we can land Artest. With Artest and Marcus Williams, we coudl move into playoff contention perhaps as early as next season. I love Nate and Lee, but they are not taking us to any championship. Artest can and will together with the rest of the roster. But we must liquidate Starbury and Franchise first.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #5
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i disagree they shouldnt trade marbury trade francis
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:03 AM   #6
Michael_Who?
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Michael_Who? has an OK reputation so far

Speaking as a Knick fan..

I don't care what the knicks do! I don't care if they make a playoff caliber team! What the knicks have been through since the start of Zeke in the pres. of op for the Knicks will mean NOTHING--- I MEAN NOTHING AT ALL unless the team he assembles will not just make it to the playoffs.. but to the FINALS! Unless Zeke can compose a team that make to the Finals all the dedicated Knick fans, and I, will be happy. But until that dream happens, no one will be happy. Especially if the Knicks next season land in the playoffs just at the 8th seed. sure they made it to the finals at 8th seed before, but that just won't cut it. the knicks organization can do better. We all know they can.
Michael_Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #7
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people

Out of all the players on the roster, Francis is the one I want gone the most. But I seriously doubt if we can trade him after his short run with us.
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #8
Unregistered

yeah i think trade francis i mean everybody wants to be a star you no he was cry about trade him if he don't start i mean don't get me wrong francis is a great player but he did all that scoring been a allstar all i'm saying it's about win and if you can except playng a role time to go
Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #9
houselog442
I airball my layups

houselog442 has an OK reputation so far

Who in thier right mind is going to take Steve Francis? Orlando couldn't wait to get rid of him! To think, that some of these idiots in the Knicks front office and media think they can just trade this guy off and think they are collecting assets for a big monster trade? Steve Francis is a loser. He hasn't done anything in this league at all. He is one of the most overrated, overpaid players in this league. That dumbass Isiah has a whole roster of overrated, over the hill, overpaid players that nobody else wants! He thinks Stephon Marbury is a franchise player that could only be traded for another franchise player? Is he on crack? He is a loser! Ever notice that all the teams Francis and Marbury have played for got much better after they left? What buffoons!
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Trade Francis. Trade Marbury. Trade Taylor. Trade Malik. Trade Jerome. We need a PG that has a pass first mindset not a score then pass. Marbury is a scoring PG. But so is Allen Iverson and I believe he won a championship. Wait he played sg and had a PG that could pass first then shoot mindset. We need that but we have Crawford for the SG. At least Marbury got his dream. If he could only pass first then score it would be awesome with him and Francis in teh backcourt but I don't believe it will happen. Taylor. Malik and Jerome just suck and need to leave. But I like Marbury i think he could do OK. Francis on the other hand, he can get out idc, he's only a rocket and nothing else. he wont be remebered as anything else besides a rocket.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #11
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

they should keep francis till his contract expires. or trade for a contract that expires sooner.

the knicks need to relise that they enjoy a luxary that alot of teams dont: people want to play in new york. smaller market teams have to lock up players long term, the knick dont.
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #12
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Actually now that Isiah is our coach I think our lineup should be this.
PG-Marbury(Starbury now that Zeke is the coach)
SG-Francis or Crawford(Francis is older and should be traded but he starts if he stays with the Knicks)
SF-Richardson
PF-Frye
C-Curry
Crawford or Francis will be the sixth man. Francis said that he wanted to be traded if he didn't start so if Zeke doesn't start Francis than we'll trade him and start Crawford. Craw had is best year when he played with Marbury so I don't think Marbury is that selfish. Brown didn't know how to use these players but Zeke will.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #13
houselog442
I airball my layups

I think Isiah will go small with this lineup to go for a quick improvement (though there improvement will be fools gold) They probably will go with a lineup like this

PG: Marbury
SG: Francis
SF: Crawford
PF: Lee
C: Frye

This will allow them to run and use quickness, which is what the league is going to. One thing that could change is that if the Knicks take Alexander Johnson or someone like that they could start him at the 4. I think this might work for a while at least, though i think Marbury will probably undermine this lineup considering how he undermined his lineup in phoenix and New Jersey.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:38 PM   #14
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Thumbs up heres yer team knicks

just face it knick fans, NY sucks terribly...With LB gone, Isaiah who honestly isnt much better for NY takes over, first thing the knicks need to do is trade stephon marbury ok heres why marbury is a good player but honestly i mean wherever he goes its bad luck.

Phoenix was like 29-52 with him
New Jersey wasnt much better with him
Minnesota ? not sure but they didnt get no rings
and now NY ha

ok keep francis,trade ''MEbury''

all he does is score,score,score and hes not even good at that.

give marbury to Minnesota so he can hang out with KG maybe get some more offense for them. take jus marko jaric,yes use him as a back up for stevie wonder. send quentin richardson back to phoenix where he belongs, in return u get brian grant to boost yer forward position. get rid of Jerome JAMES who has nothing but sucked since arriving.

new look knicks=

Curry/Butler
Frye/Grant
Rose/sign free agent
Crawford/Lee
Francis/Jaric
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:57 PM   #15
houselog442
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSVIP
Marbury is a scoring PG. But so is Allen Iverson and I believe he won a championship.

Umm, Iverson didn't win a championship, they lost to the Lakers in 5 games.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: