Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Damon Wayans Jr. = The Future of Comedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Now here's a good comedy routine. Probably my favourite one of seen of him.
I giggled about the follow up "hello" and the pizza but that's about it.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I giggled about the follow up "hello" and the pizza but that's about it.
Nothing at the "force me to drop everything" or "sending your friends out on foot with these meaningless hello messages like it's Ancient Greece"? Or the Mad Cow Disease bit? Heh, different comedy tastes I suppose.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Nothing at the "force me to drop everything" or "sending your friends out on foot with these meaningless hello messages like it's Ancient Greece"? Or the Mad Cow Disease bit? Heh, different comedy tastes I suppose.
I've seen funnier Seinfield bits then that.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #19
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

His material is hilarious! His delivery is good, too. There's just too much dead space is his routine. That's the only flaw, but if he's just branching out, I think that will take care of itself.

other than that, you dudes are hating.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #20
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsey6
His material is hilarious! His delivery is good, too. There's just too much dead space is his routine. That's the only flaw, but if he's just branching out, I think that will take care of itself.

other than that, you dudes are hating.
Yeah, plus dude is young and just starting out. I didn't even know he was a stand-up until I seen the previews and said "hey, that's Damon Wayans' kid."
Old 01-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #21
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Dude is straight hilarious. I'm pretty sure everyone knows his pops and his thousands of uncles, aunts, cousins in the business. I've been seeing him in bit parts on his pops show 'My Wife & Kids' and he finally got his first staring role in his pops sketch series 'The Underground'.

But the other day, he killed on the season premier of 'Def Comedy Jam'. I think he's even tryin' to branch of on his own distancing himself aways from his family (on Def Jam he went by just Damon Jr.)

Still, look out for this cat.

Damon Wayans Jr. on Def Comedy Jam'

Sorry but I didn't find him funny at all. He needs to just make movies with his uncles and call it a day. Stand up IMO will NEVER be his thing.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:20 AM   #22
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I thought the Wayan's kid was funnier. People really have different tastes in comedy, but I laughed for most of the first one, but Sienfeld only made me crack a smile a few times.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 AM   #23
kidachi

Seinfeld's a legend..

but.. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...?t=61231(click the youtube link)

and that Seinfeld routine on Letterman last year sucked. IMO. i smiled at some part... that's it.

btw, someone said on the youtube comment that the "hello" joke was from George Carlin.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #24
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
I guess he dumbed it down for the def jam audience then. which is understandable, Im not sure who Im more embarrassed for, the black comedian, or the black audience for laughing at them.

Dumbed down is exactly what he did. Big disappointment.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #25
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Dude is straight hilarious. I'm pretty sure everyone knows his pops and his thousands of uncles, aunts, cousins in the business. I've been seeing him in bit parts on his pops show 'My Wife & Kids' and he finally got his first staring role in his pops sketch series 'The Underground'.

But the other day, he killed on the season premier of 'Def Comedy Jam'. I think he's even tryin' to branch of on his own distancing himself aways from his family (on Def Jam he went by just Damon Jr.)

Still, look out for this cat.

Damon Wayans Jr. on Def Comedy Jam'

damn I didnt know he had a son...and didnt know Damon Wayans is that old...man time is flying...
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:12 PM   #26
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

He's gettin' ready to take over.

Workout with 'Big Workout'
Cal's Jr.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #27
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

He was pretty good. Not the greatest or anything but I laughed at a decent portion of that, which is all that matters. He needs to work on delivery and transistion between jokes. See Seinfeld clip for a good example of what I mean.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:37 AM   #28
Dnn111
Serious playground baller

Dnn111 has an OK reputation so far

OK: Richard Pryor or Damon Wayans Jr.?
Dnn111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:25 AM   #29
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnn111
OK: Richard Pryor or Damon Wayans Jr.?
Richard Pryor.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:46 AM   #30
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

The takeover is happening!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: