Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default lakers prophecy

Before anyone else gets a chance to, I want to predict right now, before the season has even begun that the Lakers win the championship for the 2006-2007 season. Not only that, they win it in dramatic fashion over the Miami Heat. Oh what a final it will be: Kobe vs. Shaq, Kobe vs. Wade, in fact, Kobe vs. the world. And who wins, Kobe.

Lakers win 55 games.
Kobe Bryant MVP
Lakers win NBA championship
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #2
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Before anyone else gets a chance to, I want to predict right now, before the season has even begun that the Lakers win the championship for the 2006-2007 season. Not only that, they win it in dramatic fashion over the Miami Heat. Oh what a final it will be: Kobe vs. Shaq, Kobe vs. Wade, in fact, Kobe vs. the world. And who wins, Kobe.

Lakers win 55 games.
Kobe Bryant MVP

That is a very bold prediction. The Lakers are going to improve and make the play-offs but I do not think they will win the championship this up and coming season. But you never know
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Smurf
I brick open layups

Smurf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Lakers win 55 games.
Kobe Bryant MVP

PLEASE GOD I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT.

Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Lakers win 55 games.
Kobe Bryant MVP

I hope you're right man. and by the way, I also was predicting two of the three things you were saying.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Hope that is goes the way you say.
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The way the Zen and Kobe work together....its like they know what the outcome will be. Its as if Phil will win whenever he wants them to.

Hopefully Kobe will win the MVP this year. He's the best superstar in his clss of stars who won the award

Garnett
Duncan
Nash
Shaq.

Kobe next.... please
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #7
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Lakers win 55 games.
Kobe Bryant MVP

I love the way you think, even if you are smokin' somethin
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #8
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Kobe next.... please

For some reason, I wonder if Kobe has been "blackballed" to get the MVP... he was very much deserving this year, and I think he made a bigger impact on his team than any other player.

Another problem is that the MVP award is not clearly defined in terms of what constitutes an MVP player, so its up to each voting person's interpretation... and unfortunately, there is more than one correct answer as to who is an MVP. I wish they would define it more clearly for the voting members.

I don't see how Kobe could have any better of a season than he did. He was awesome in so many respects. Its unfortunate!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #10
dblockallstars

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
For some reason, I wonder if Kobe has been "blackballed" to get the MVP... he was very much deserving this year, and I think he made a bigger impact on his team than any other player.

Another problem is that the MVP award is not clearly defined in terms of what constitutes an MVP player, so its up to each voting person's interpretation... and unfortunately, there is more than one correct answer as to who is an MVP. I wish they would define it more clearly for the voting members.

I don't see how Kobe could have any better of a season than he did. He was awesome in so many respects. Its unfortunate!

Everyone says that if we would have won more games and got maybe the top 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs then he would get it but just squeaking your team in was not good enough.... I can understand this argument b/c if next year or any other year the lakers have 1 of the best records and he was still the leading scorer and catalyst but didn't avg 35ppg he could get it.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
Everyone says that if we would have won more games and got maybe the top 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs then he would get it but just squeaking your team in was not good enough.

So, you don't think the colorado experience might have tarnished him for life in the NBA? I'm not trying to sling mud here... Im asking an honest question to get opinions.... (so please, lets not start a discussion on guilt or innocence... thats not my interest in my comment)
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #12
dblockallstars

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
So, you don't think the colorado experience might have tarnished him for life in the NBA? I'm not trying to sling mud here... Im asking an honest question to get opinions.... (so please, lets not start a discussion on guilt or innocence... thats not my interest in my comment)

I mean they poll journalists and all those other people so it's not like the nba can say: under no circumstances can u vote 4 kobe b/c they're not under the nba jurisdiction really plus it's not like he got no votes - he was top 3 or 4. U also have to look at it like maybe dantoni is really the mvp not nash but the way nash transforms a diaw and bell into legit players and gets that team 1 of the better records w/ basically Marion being the only known quantity and in the playoffs ODom proved he might be better than Marion so... 2 yrs ago Iverson had the best #'s of his career up to that point - led the league in scoring, had like 8 assists but his team was the 8th seed n he got like no MVP consideration. This year he also had #'s. I think the media guys look at the winningest teams and look for a player there just like the allstar game where the pistons won a ton of games and they let Rip and all of them go when statistically there might have been better players.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 AM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

preseason, the pundits said that Kobe would need to guide his team to the playoffs to get the MVP. He did it...in glorious fashion (81, among other things). yet he came in 4th in the voting. 4th. are you kidding me? that tells me he is being blackballed.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:47 AM   #14
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Lakers win 55 games.
Kobe Bryant MVP

I'm not trying to start sh*t, but this is too funny to pass up. When the Lakers don't even make the playoffs I will remember this post and bring it back up and laugh some more.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:15 AM   #15
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast

I'm not trying to start sh*t, but this is too funny to pass up. When the Lakers don't even make the playoffs I will remember this post and bring it back up and laugh some more.

The flame war is going to begin now. Good job man. :rollingeyes: You should have just kept it to yourself like I did.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: