Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Funny Smack Talk... Again

I know there have been a few of these, but I can't find them because either the ISH search is broken, or my horrendous technological savvy has once again let us all down. anyway i just saw this quote in an espn.com chat and it got me laughing:

Quote:
Jordan's line, "How you gonna beat me? You're wearing my shoes."

anybody know who he said that to? i never heard it before.

anyway thought a new smack talk post was in order.

another favorite was when bird told x-man, "i'm going to catch it right here (elbow) and shoot it in your face." before the celts ran a last second play to beat the sonics and bird shot it right in mcdaniel's face.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Funny Smack Talk... Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
another favorite was when bird told x-man, "i'm going to catch it right here (elbow) and shoot it in your face." before the celts ran a last second play to beat the sonics and bird shot it right in mcdaniel's face.
I remember McDaniels saying in an interview he responded "OK, I'll be waiting for you right here", and Bird went and made the shot. Classic Larry.

For smack talk Quentin's recent "Boston isn't that of a big deal" (or something among those lines, I don't have the exact quote) prior to the epic lose was funny.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

That Q-Rich thing was awesome. What the hell was he thinking? And then they go and get absolutely decimated. The Knicks are the biggest joke in professional sports.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Two that I laughed at when I read about them:

The Celtics were playing the Pistons and Larry Bird was killing Dennis Rodman early in the game. Bird says to the Pistons coaching staff “you guys are a man short because no one is guarding me.”

Kind of funny in itself but Bird went as far as to pretend Dennis did not exist for the rest of the game pushing it over the top.

Michael Jordan was guarding Lindsey Hunter during his (I believe) second season. It was a play clearly designed for Grant Hill. Mike sees it coming and says, “Hey F*ck Grant. You should shoot it. You were drafted to replace Isiah Thomas. Isiah would shoot it. Go ahead. If you pass it Scottie just going to block Grant’s shot anyway.”

The indecisiveness was obvious on Hunter’s face. He ended up messing up the timing of the play passing to Grant too late. Grant caught the ball and basically had no time to maker a play.

Needless to say Mike says “I told you to shoot”. Hunter looked confused the rest of the game.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

king, those are both brutal!

i can't remember exactly what he said, but arenas blogged about his first game against payton, where gary just jawed (and played) him right out of the gym. i don't remember what payton was saying to him, but arenas reported that it was the only time he was happy to get benched.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: