Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 01-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Default How will the 2008 Draft go?

I live in Canada, and we don't get NCAA basketball on TV, except for the tournament itself. I am in the dark as to which players are lottery picks at this time, or what order they are likely to go in. If someone could do a mock draft or something, based on what would likely happen if the Draft happened today, it would be much appreciated.

Like, is Tyler Hainsborough going to be a high pick? Mayo? Rose? Beasley? Gordon? Help me out.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default Re: How will the 2008 Draft go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
I live in Canada, and we don't get NCAA basketball on TV, except for the tournament itself. I am in the dark as to which players are lottery picks at this time, or what order they are likely to go in. If someone could do a mock draft or something, based on what would likely happen if the Draft happened today, it would be much appreciated.

Like, is Tyler Hainsborough going to be a high pick? Mayo? Rose? Beasley? Gordon? Help me out.

I live in Canada and get at least 20 games per week? You live in Nunavut?

Even if you only have the major American channels, that's still 2-4 games every weekend....more if you have TheScore which has shown games the last couple years.

Plus you can watch games online these days.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

http://www.nbadraft.net

Its not real accurate but it will save me some time and effort on a subject I really don't care about. The 08 mock has 4 Jayhawks and Darrell Arthur isn't one of them.

Last edited by ThaKing : 01-10-2008 at 05:10 PM.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
PK3434
Good Golly!

thats because he is not expected to leave school until 2009...in their opinion.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos

You know where I can watch North Carolina, Georgetown or Kansas State games?
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

In my opinion, the top two should be Beasley and Rose if both are to declare, then from then on, it's tough to try to predict what the picks will be and in what order, mainly now when we have no clue what the order is, or who'll stay in school.

My early picks for steals will be DJ White, DJ Augustine and Sean Singletary as I expect those guys to be picked in Late 1st/Early 2nd unless teams have really scouted them
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
In my opinion, the top two should be Beasley and Rose if both are to declare, then from then on, it's tough to try to predict what the picks will be and in what order, mainly now when we have no clue what the order is, or who'll stay in school.

My early picks for steals will be DJ White, DJ Augustine and Sean Singletary as I expect those guys to be picked in Late 1st/Early 2nd unless teams have really scouted them

DJ Augustine is mid first round at worst right now.

I never liked White much, but he's kinda growing on me. He still won't be a good rebounder though.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

i cant wait for this draft!
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #9
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I live in Canada and get at least 20 games per week? You live in Nunavut?

Even if you only have the major American channels, that's still 2-4 games every weekend....more if you have TheScore which has shown games the last couple years.

I haven't seen any on. Then again, I haven't been lookng. What time are they usually on, and on what channels? I have the Score... strange that I would not have seen them. The only games I've gotten are Memphis vs. USC, and Memphis vs. Georgetown.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #10
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKing

Its not real accurate but it will save me some time and effort on a subject I really don't care about. The 08 mock has 4 Jayhawks and Darrell Arthur isn't one of them.
Why is Hainsborough not even on there?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #11
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

cause he wont make a good pro?
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #12
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKing

I go to that site pretty often, and Mayo's #10 rated prospect. That made me go since Brook Lopez is currently ahead of him. Pretty weird, but it's a nice site overall.

I don't like Beasley/Mayo's attitudes, and I think that will hurt them (Mayo, moreso than Beasley). Nic Batum's shot looks funky, but he could get drafted pretty high. DeAndre Jordan'll probably get drafted early purely out of need for center on some teams, and Derrick Rose probably won't slip past 3, IMO. I'm not an NCAA expert, though, so don't take my word above a guy like Hippo's.

Oh, and I think Hibbert will end up being a slow backup who can rebounds and maybe some blocks, but I don't see him being a big-time starter.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
I go to that site pretty often, and Mayo's #10 rated prospect. That made me go since Brook Lopez is currently ahead of him. Pretty weird, but it's a nice site overall.

I don't like Beasley/Mayo's attitudes, and I think that will hurt them (Mayo, moreso than Beasley). Nic Batum's shot looks funky, but he could get drafted pretty high. DeAndre Jordan'll probably get drafted early purely out of need for center on some teams, and Derrick Rose probably won't slip past 3, IMO. I'm not an NCAA expert, though, so don't take my word above a guy like Hippo's.

Oh, and I think Hibbert will end up being a slow backup who can rebounds and maybe some blocks, but I don't see him being a big-time starter.

You said all that needs to be said. Jordan is getting into a groove now. Showing something.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #14
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year

I think Hibbert is going to be better than most people think. He'd be pefect for the Bulls.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #15
kidachi

last time i saw Hansbrough on nbadraft.net, he was on early 2nd round pick.

(i went "huh?" when his NBA comparison was Udonis Haslem, i thought their game was not alike)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: