Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 01-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: How will the 2008 Draft go?

Depends on who has what team, of course, but I see the top 2 as Eric Gordon and Michael Beasly (maybe Derrick Rose).
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #17
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
DJ Augustine is mid first round at worst right now.

I never liked White much, but he's kinda growing on me. He still won't be a good rebounder though.
If White is motivated in the NBA, he'll be a very good rebounder. That's a skill that almost always translates directly from the college game to the NBA game.

D.J. White should be Big Ten POY if the voting were done right now. That's no knock on Gordon, who's been phenomenal offensively, but he's one-dimensional. He's an average ball-handler with a terrible A/TO rate of 2.2/3.5, doesn't really rebound much for a guard of his size with only 3.0 a game, and doesn't play defense.

White's three-dimensional. 17 points and 11 boards a game, superbly efficient offensively (63% FG, 71% FT, 1.71 PPS), and is an outstanding interior defender and shot-blocker.

Now, back to what I said in the first sentence, about that word "motivated." This is the first time his entire career that White has looked motivated to me. Maybe it's a sense of urgency, since he can see the NBA in his sights. Maybe it's Gordon deflecting so much attention from him. But I can see him getting fat and lazy when he's a millionaire.

Last edited by TheGame414 : 01-14-2008 at 11:35 PM.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #18
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Depends on who has what team, of course, but I see the top 2 as Eric Gordon and Michael Beasly (maybe Derrick Rose).
I know any criticism of Gordon from me is going to smack of hatred, and while I do hate that cocksmoker, I just think he's too one-dimensional at this point to be considered at the very top of the draft. Absolutely a lottery pick, but I'd be loathe to take him in the top five at this point.

I hope he leaves college basketball as soon as humanly possible, but even though he could score in the NBA right now- and probably could have as a high school junior- he'd be wise to come back for another year and work on his ballhandling ability. I'm not saying he's too small to play shooting guard and has to play the point, because that's obviously not true. But at this point his ballhandling is substandard for even an NBA shooting guard. His defense is bad- which surprises me- and he doesn't rebound.

I like Jarryd Bayless as an NBA prospect more than Gordon right now. He can score almost as well, but he can also play either guard spot and is a little more athletic.

Right now, Gordon's basically an athletic version of what J.J. Redick was as a senior. But then again, Gordon's only a freshman and I'd think he would probably improve his ballhandling and defense over the next few years, even if it's in the NBA.

But I see the best NBA comparison for Gordon right now being his namesake, Ben Gordon. 6'3" shooting guards who can score on anyone, but don't do much else of anything.

I realize Ben Gordon was a No. 3 pick and is a 20 point scorer in the NBA, but do you want to consider taking a guy like that with the No. 1 or 2 pick in the draft?

Last edited by TheGame414 : 01-14-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #19
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

In a word, Michael Beasley will definitely be the 1st pick unless teams don't lack PF like Minnesota and Indiana win the lottery.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #20
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
I realize Ben Gordon was a No. 3 pick and is a 20 point scorer in the NBA, but do you want to consider taking a guy like that with the No. 1 or 2 pick in the draft?
I'm not considering it. NBA teams are considering it. We all know some of the gems that they've picked in the top 2 before.......

And like I said, you could replace Gordon with Derrick Rose (or maybe even O.J. Mayo). All depends on who has what pick because I doubt 3 of the top 4 teams will go with a guard.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #21
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
In a word, Michael Beasley will definitely be the 1st pick unless teams don't lack PF like Minnesota and Indiana win the lottery.
He probably will be, and he'll be the next Derrick Coleman. Supreme talent offset by a bad attitude.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #22
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
He probably will be, and he'll be the next Derrick Coleman. Supreme talent offset by a bad attitude.
so you suggest we take jordan?

ive been hyping beasley on wolves boards..
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: