Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default XBox Live Arcade Games

I'm a huge fan of both modern and retro gaming. Having said that, I play a lot of XBox Live Arcade games on the 360.

Anyone else here download / play a lot of the games on there? It's great to unlock Achievements on some of your favorite past time classics.

There's also a crap-load of new games created specifically for XBLA. While most of them are overpriced, still some are worth it.

It seems most everyone here is into NBA 2K8 and Madden, etc. I have Madden myself and All Pro 2K8, but can't really say those are at the top of my playing list.

Anyone here play Uno?
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: XBox Live Arcade Games

I have a Wii so I rock a lot of games on the Virtual Console. I have: Punch Out, Tecmo Bowl, Mario 1, Mario 2, Super Mario World, Kid Icarus, Sonic 2...
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I prefer classic games to modern games though I do play them ALL. My favorite games being shooters -- real shooters like Gradius, R-Type, Raiden, et cetera…

For XBLA, I got a few game:

Space Giraffe
Omega Five
Lumines Live
Every Extended Extra Extream
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
many others.

I get alot of fun playing these games and some of them are great and well worth their price. Omega Five is top notch and well worth 800pts ($10)! Some games are average and have their problems though. Contra is good but 2 player (online) is so broken. Super Contra has less problem with 2 player but then the game is not as good.

My biggest problem is that the d+pad on the 360 controller is absolute rubbish. I have no choice but to use my arcade stick but some games do not offer button remapping

So yeah, I like XBLA and look forward for more cool games to come. Currently I am waiting for Ikaruga, Trigger Heart Exelica, and Rez. I guess Trigger Heart and Ikaruga are already on partner.net so hopefully they will be on within the next 6 months…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I have a Wii so I rock a lot of games on the Virtual Console. I have: Punch Out, Tecmo Bowl, Mario 1, Mario 2, Super Mario World, Kid Icarus, Sonic 2...

VC is awesome too!

Glad to see them putting some import games on there like Sin & Punishment and Alien Soldier

I don't get too many VC games since I have many of the actual games though I did recently dl Neutopia II and Sin & Punishment (even though I have S&P)
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, it's cool they're starting to release old imports that never made it stateside back in the day.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: