Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Default It's Official - this is not a weak draft

This is not a weak draft.

It is weak in terms of major impact, superstar type players. But the draft is just meant to improve teams and I think a ton of players from this draft will do that.

I just spotted at least 4 guys projected to go in the second round of a couple of mock drafts that I thought will definitely go in the first round. Then I go to see who they would bump out of the first round of said mock drafts and I could only find 2 guys that should be 2nd rounders.

I guess it's one of those "eye of the beholder" type drafts. If you are the type of person who thinks that the draft should provide a number of major impact guys every year, then yes I could see where you would think it is a weak draft. But if you are like me and are of the opinion that the draft is soley meant to help improve teams, then it is not a weak draft. Good role player draft, I say.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
fatboy11

Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have made a thread about this.

I suck.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
dffsaf
Banned

Default average!

i think the best player in the draft will definelty be Rudy Gay when it comes down to it...playing for the huskies there were far to many options for him to absolutely dominate like people expected...and because of that fact,another great player who should easily be in the first round but isnt bc he didnt explode at uconn is denham brown...he'll be a whole lot better pro then in college...this is why i say this draft is deep but not strong...lots of great players you could get late(denham brown) but there isnt much star talent....those 2 facts cancel eachother out and this draft becomes AVERAGE!!!
dffsaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dffsaf
i think the best player in the draft will definelty be Rudy Gay when it comes down to it...playing for the huskies there were far to many options for him to absolutely dominate like people expected...and because of that fact,another great player who should easily be in the first round but isnt bc he didnt explode at uconn is denham brown...he'll be a whole lot better pro then in college...this is why i say this draft is deep but not strong...lots of great players you could get late(denham brown) but there isnt much star talent....those 2 facts cancel eachother out and this draft becomes AVERAGE!!!

Rudy Gay couldn't dominate at UConn but he'll dominate the NBA? Yeah Right.

I'm not saying he's crap, but your logic is flawed.

fatboy11, you're right this is a really good draft for players that can really come in and help teams.

Aldridge
Morrison
Foye
Roy
Gay
Redick
Brewer
Carney
O'Bryant
Shelden Williams
Marcus Williams
James White
Leon Powe

should all contribute immediatley.

These guys:
Rondo
Sene
Thomas
Bargani

should be good in time.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #5
adamcz
Bucks fan

A draft with good role players is still a weak draft. To me it looks like the weakest one since 2002, when the top five picks included Gooden, Dunleavy, and Tskitishvili.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Rudy Gay couldn't dominate at UConn but he'll dominate the NBA? Yeah Right.

I'm not saying he's crap, but your logic is flawed.

fatboy11, you're right this is a really good draft for players that can really come in and help teams.

Aldridge
Morrison
Foye
Roy
Gay
Redick
Brewer
Carney
O'Bryant
Shelden Williams
Marcus Williams
James White
Leon Powe

These guys:
Rondo
Sene
Thomas
Bargani

should be good in time.

Sans O'Bryant (not sold on him yet), I think the rest of this list is dead on.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
A draft with good role players is still a weak draft. To me it looks like the weakest one since 2002, when the top five picks included Gooden, Dunleavy, and Tskitishvili.
The difference between that draft and this draft is expectation.

People didn't seem to think that would turn out to be that bad of a draft. People (scouts, GMs, etc.) already have somewhat low expectations of the impact level of this draft.

In 2002, it was "Drew Gooden this" and "Dunleavy Jr. that" and "Skita this" and "Dajuan Wagner that" and they just laid eggs really in comparison to what they were supposed to be. This year, they really only have high hopes for Aldridge, Roy, Bargnani, Thomas, and Thomas as major impact guys. Even Marcus Williams and Rudy Gay are being taken with a grain of salt for some reason. The projected success level of this draft has been very downplayed. I don't remember that being the case in '02.

I will agree that it is the "weakest" draft since 2002 though even though I don't like to use the word "weak". That word would desribe the Kwame Brown draft.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #8
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have made a thread about this.

I suck.

I agree the draft is deep, but it is weak at the top. The top 8 teams are all going to try to trade down, so the top players will all end up on good teams.

And I disagree, you do not suck- Budda loves you.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #9
craigthomasb
College star

couple of changes

Aldridge
Morrison
Foye
Roy
Gay
Redick
Brewer
Carney
Shelden Williams
Marcus Williams (will be THE guy from this draft)

These guys eventualy

O'Bryant
Rondo
Sene
Thomas
Bargani
lowry
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #10
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

There's no doubt in my mother ****ing mind that those pimps dee brown and james augustine will go in the 1st round. just watch.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #11
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
There's no doubt in my mother ****ing mind that those pimps dee brown and james augustine will go in the 1st round. just watch.
Dee Brown maybe, but James Augustine?

At this point, it looks like he'll be lucky to be drafted.......
Old 06-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #12
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Dee Brown maybe, but James Augustine?

At this point, it looks like he'll be lucky to be drafted.......

Draftexpress has Augustine going in the first round.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #13
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
Draftexpress has Augustine going in the first round.
It must be true then!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #14
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

Augustine is the ideal NBA player. absolutely flawless character. he's the perfect upstanding citizen. probably the best character player in the league as soon as he steps foot into it. not to mention great experience against awesome big 10 teams like MSU with Paul Davis and company. Augustine can rebound and put baskets back up like nobody could in the Big 10. Austine might be able to run the floor better than any big man in the draft. He is the tallest QB in Illinois High School history. He was 6 foot 10 playing QB for the Lincoln Way Knights. Augustine is incredibly intelligent and has above average handles for a big man. he's a lock for the 1st round because he's such a safe pick. you know exactly what you're going to get. ILLINOIS is a great school who has faced top notch competition for years on end. dee brown is underrated too. that's a whole nother story but i'll say it will be harder to find a mentally stronger player than dee brown. not to mention he only has one speed. and that's fast! he also played QB in high school for Proviso East. He too has a high basketball IQ and he's a natural born leader. afterall, he's the one man fast break.

JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #15
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
Augustine is the ideal NBA player. absolutely flawless character. he's the perfect upstanding citizen. probably the best character player in the league as soon as he steps foot into it. not to mention great experience against awesome big 10 teams like MSU with Paul Davis and company. Augustine can rebound and put baskets back up like nobody could in the Big 10. Austine might be able to run the floor better than any big man in the draft. He is the tallest QB in Illinois High School history. He was 6 foot 10 playing QB for the Lincoln Way Knights. Augustine is incredibly intelligent and has above average handles for a big man. he's a lock for the 1st round because he's such a safe pick. you know exactly what you're going to get. ILLINOIS is a great school who has faced top notch competition for years on end. dee brown is underrated too. that's a whole nother story but i'll say it will be harder to find a mentally stronger player than dee brown. not to mention he only has one speed. and that's fast! he also played QB in high school for Proviso East. He too has a high basketball IQ and he's a natural born leader. afterall, he's the one man fast break.

I thought Roger Powell was the character guy at Illinois, by the way WTF is he at these days, 700 club?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: