Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default DEAL: Bucks sign David Noel to real contract

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nba&id=2508528

And so it begins..........
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It seems like no one would know about Noel if he wasn't a Tar Heel, anyone else get that impression? Probably just me.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
It seems like no one would know about Noel if he wasn't a Tar Heel, anyone else get that impression? Probably just me.
Probably wouldn't have been drafted if he wasn't a Tar Heel.

Well, I don't know. Who am I to say that?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Noel is a great guy to have on your roster.

He'll do what the coaches say, he won't be a problem, and he's a leader. He is tough and he will compete. He won't be a star, but he is a valuable asset to come off your bench. He should have a career similar to guys like Rick Fox and George Lynch. Won't put up spectacular numbers, but he brings the intangibles every team needs.

All you need to know is that he was a football player who groomed himself, through hard work, into the productive leader of an overachieving team.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

well he was the #1 athlete
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
well he was the #1 athlete
Just in front of............Ronnie Brewer.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it was noel? are you sure?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #8
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
it was noel? are you sure?
David Noel was #1, Ronnie Brewer was #2, and I can't remember who #3 was. Rodney Carney was #5.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
Heelcrazy2
I airball my layups

Heelcrazy2 has an OK reputation so far
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Probably wouldn't have been drafted if he wasn't a Tar Heel.

Well, I don't know. Who am I to say that?

Watch him play and then you can comment. He is a great guy to have on the team and will contribute.
Heelcrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I will need someone without "heel" in their name to confirm that.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #11
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I can't comment on how he ranks with other rookie players with regards to athleticism. I can say that he has guarded everyone from perimeter guards to big men and always plays them tough. He is a great second round pick. He was second team all-ACC.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #12
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelcrazy2
Watch him play and then you can comment. He is a great guy to have on the team and will contribute.
I have and I've also seen a guy like Kennedy Winston play a lot and I know he could contribute just as much as David Noel (or close to that level) and he didn't get drafted. Of course, he didn't play for UNC and win a national championship either.

See what I'm saying?

There are plenty of "good guys" who will "help a team and play hard" out there that don't get drafted. I'm just saying that playing for UNC likely helped Noel out a lot. He's a glue guy. They're all over the place.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #13
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Bump
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #14
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

He made the right decision to go to UNC if it helped get him drafted.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #15
B12 Tha Legend
Can barely lace up my sneakers

B12 Tha Legend has an OK reputation so far

didn't he go to unc as a football player mainly?
B12 Tha Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: