Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #16
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation
Default Re: If Minnesota could go back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erathia
You guys realize that Al Jefferson is playing extraordinarily well and that Randy Foye hasn't played a game this season? That trade accomplished a lot for Minnesota and it will be pretty evident in 3-4 years. This coming draft is very deep again and Min will probably have #1 pick (Derrick Rose or O.J. Mayo). Anyone see a back court of 1 of those guys and Foye being pretty damn good? I know I do.

Jefferson was going to be good no mater where he was going.. I was not comparing him alone or picking him out. Just saying that Mchale may have resented getting a good Pf in Odom.. a Fantastic up and coming legit Center in Bynum and a kick ass Pg in Farmar with room to grow on.. and a #1 pick.

A solid core to have a far better record than they have now.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #17
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by akts
Bynum and Odom were part of ANY considered trade talks..

I'm pretty sure Minny didn't want Odom and his 13 mil salary thats whey the Lakers where trying to get a 3 way deal together to find a team to take Odom and get more pieces back to Minny. But it really doesn't matter thats all in the past lol
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #18
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

If you just base the trade off of potential, Minnesota may be able to benefit in the future. Just looking at a nucleus of Al Jefferson, Sebastian Telfair, and Gerlad Green, those are actually very good prospects and Al is already showing what he can do. Mind you, these players are still learning the NBA game as they were all drafted out of high school. It may look like Minnesota caught the bad end as it stands, but no one should be surprised if the team that they have could gel into a solid foundation. The players definitely have potential.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: