Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Conf Finals: Pistons-Cavs Game 1

Discuss Pistons-Cavs game 1 live as it happens

-

Last edited by insidehoops : 05-21-2007 at 09:38 PM.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Conf Finals: Pistons-Cavs Game 1

looking forward to it. Go Pistons.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Expecting Pistons to come out on fire here, likely to be up by 10 after the 1st, and win by about the same.

For cleveland to win this one they will need a near flawless game, don't expect that to happen, better chance to sneak in and steal game 2 after Pistons let their guard down a bit.
BigTicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

what do you predict the ratings to be?

a slow plodding defensive style designed to ensure Lebron James will not be getting highlights.

and the two hour season finale of 24 is on tonight in the same timeslot.

not to mention WWE Raw.

i smell disaster for the NBA
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
what do you predict the ratings to be?

a slow plodding defensive style designed to ensure Lebron James will not be getting highlights.

and the two hour season finale of 24 is on tonight in the same timeslot.

not to mention WWE Raw.

i smell disaster for the NBA

Tells u a lot about our country when they would rather watch WWE Raw than the NBA eastern conference finals.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #6
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

24 sucks though, tried watching that crap and it's like an animated version of George Bush fantasy world, all the lies and extra gunfights !

Though I suppose given that Fox does so well people want those lies.

In any case I don't much care what the ratings are, will enjoy it just the same.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Detroit is gonna embarass Cleveland. This is gonna be fun.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
24 sucks though, tried watching that crap and it's like an animated version of George Bush fantasy world, all the lies and extra gunfights !

Though I suppose given that Fox does so well people want those lies.

In any case I don't much care what the ratings are, will enjoy it just the same.

it only seems like right wing propaganda because it is depicting what could possibly happen.

and anyone who is actually frightened by the prospect of terrorists coming onto US soil and detonating a nuclear bomb is clearly out of his/her mind

this show is entertainment. watch it for the action.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #9
BigTicket
Cavs for life

The action is ok, it's the torture every 15 mins that bothers me, followed by that person running around 15 mins later ofcourse. Trivialize it much ?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

due process and habeas corpus can, by law, be suspended during war time.

right now in America doing so would be a terrible travesty since the war is abroad.

but in the fictional world of 24, it has happened on American soil, so... torture them as long as its justified and you can save the world.

if you torture for no reason. then you should get arrested and have your secret agent license revoked.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Quote:
due process and habeas corpus can, by law, be suspended during war time.

right now in America doing so would be a terrible travesty since the war is abroad.

but in the fictional world of 24, it has happened on American soil, so... torture them as long as its justified and you can save the world.

if you torture for no reason. then you should get arrested and have your secret agent license revoked.

You do realize that it has already happened right ?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
You do realize that it has already happened right ?

I have yet to see proof. Proof of the Bush administration condoning and sanctioning these horrendous actions.

hearsay and speculation is one thing, but if I can get concrete evidence, then I solemnly swear to convert into a Bush h8er.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I have yet to see proof. Proof of the Bush administration condoning and sanctioning these horrendous actions.

hearsay and speculation is one thing, but if I can get concrete evidence, then I solemnly swear to convert into a Bush h8er.
are we only talking us citizens? Cause we clearly violated the geneva conventions on torture. All with memos from the AG justifiying it.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
are we only talking us citizens? Cause we clearly violated the geneva conventions on torture. All with memos from the AG justifiying it.

i know of the prisoner torture and the general highly questionable war tactics being used (i actually do not watch Fox News... just read stuff from the Associated Press and Reuters)

but yes I am speaking more toward civilians who may have a hand in terrorist activities.

and wow... this thread derailed into a ethics thread.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #15
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Quote:

Look up these names:

Maher Arar
Khalid el-Masri
Osama Mustafa Hassan
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: