Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Pistons v. Celtics

Does anyone think that the Pistons can compete with the Celtics for the ECC? I like the guard depth they have, but I don't know if they can handle KG down low. Are there any moves that could possibly help them in that respect?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
theoriginal14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

theoriginal14 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Pistons v. Celtics

I'm not afraid of boston. detroit matches up with them very nicely.

kg - sheed
Pirece - prince
allen - rip or billups

who else does boston have. who do they got that can handle mad max (jason maxiell)?
theoriginal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

^I think its going to be a great match up for all to see. The true test is do Detroit still have that determination to pose there will over teams which I think is lost a little bit. Piston want be trying to stop just one superstar but, three superstars which makes everybody else on there team much better.

Good luck and anything can happen.

Northern High School class of 82
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
theoriginal14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

theoriginal14 has an OK reputation so far

i know everyone talks about the big 3 of boston, but honestly i dont consider ray allen a superstar. i think he is a very good player like hamilton or prince, but not a superstar. so when people say boston has 3 superstars i dont believe it. PP and kg are supersatrs, but allen is just a very good player
theoriginal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal14
i know everyone talks about the big 3 of boston, but honestly i dont consider ray allen a superstar. i think he is a very good player like hamilton or prince, but not a superstar. so when people say boston has 3 superstars i dont believe it. PP and kg are supersatrs, but allen is just a very good player
Ray Allen is a superstar shooter, but in terms of an overall player, I agree. He's not quite on par with Paul Pierce and KG, though it's close. Allen is better than 85% of the players in the NBA while PP and KG are better than 90%. (Obviously this isn't a proven or researched fact. Just trying to make my point more clear)

The Pistons and Celtics are two very dynamic teams. It's way to early for me to determine the "better team". Both are fueled by their explosive style and extremely-talented players. I can't wait to see their first matchup. Should be one hell of a ride.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

I'd like to see Afflalo guard Allen. I think he can give him fits if he realizes he needs to stay close and not give up uncontested shots.

I'm fine with Rasheed on Garnett and Prince on Pierce. I don't think there's a team in the league that matches with them and counters their offense with good defense like the Pistons. Even when I look at the Spurs, I don't think Bowen can stop Pierce like Prince can.

Maxiell on Perkins should work, because he'll be able to provide help-side defense. If Perkins ends up going for 30, then Boston will win. As long as each position keeps with its matchup, Detroit will do fine.

I'm not convinced that Boston's frontcourt can stop Billups/Hamilton. They're not known as lock down defenders.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Ray Allen is a superstar shooter, but in terms of an overall player, I agree. He's not quite on par with Paul Pierce and KG, though it's close. Allen is better than 85% of the players in the NBA while PP and KG are better than 90%. (Obviously this isn't a proven or researched fact. Just trying to make my point more clear)

The Pistons and Celtics are two very dynamic teams. It's way to early for me to determine the "better team". Both are fueled by their explosive style and extremely-talented players. I can't wait to see their first matchup. Should be one hell of a ride.
Well said. He's lost alot of his athleticism which made him a superstar earlier in his career to injuries, but like Ian said he's still a superstar shooter, but in terms of an overall player he's not on that level any more.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #8
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think after last night we now see, if those teams meet up in the ECF it's going to be a battle. Detroit gave Boston every opportunity to win that game, and probably should have lost with that late turnover. But with a solid defensive play and a little luck Detroit pulled it out. As long as Boston and Detroit stay healthy that will be a 7 game series. I wasn't sold on Boston before because of their lack of depth. Which is why I say if they stay healthy. If they have their top 7 or 8 guys ready for the playoffs they will be able to make a strong push. Rondo has actually done a lot better this season than I (and probably most) expected. Perkins actually doesn't look too bad with KG next to him. With that said, I still like Detroit to win the series in 7 come April
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #9
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

I think Detroit can beat them, since they've been together longer, and hopefully their bodies will be more in shape than Boston's, because they'll need that edge in the playoffs.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:21 AM   #10
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Pistons in 6.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
If Perkins ends up going for 30, then Boston will win. As long as each position keeps with its matchup, Detroit will do fine.

I wasn't too far off this last time. Big Baby Glen Davis was the game's high scorer. Bleck.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: