Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #16
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Amir Johnson ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
I know you didn't exactly come out and say it, but to get Amir/expirers to NJ it would probably take Williams, and I don't think NJ would ever do that.

To get him to the Knicks, it'd take Lee and although Detroit still loves Isaiah, I don't think Isaiah will feed us Lee.

I wonder if we could get Magette from LA Clippers for Amir/expirers. He'd help our 'win now' cause, and he's instant offense from the bench. Hmm...
id want to move hayes as well then. dont see him and maggette as complimentary bench players, but more the same type of bench player
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #17
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
What do you think Amir's position will be when he finally starts? He came into the league as a SF, I hear him called a PF a lot now and I've even heard some people suggest he play C().
hell be played at the 4 (maybe some time at the 5 and some at the 3 - hell we used sheed at the 3 occasionally under LB). He was a 4/5 in highschool, known as a dunker/shotblocker. hes supposedly grown over 2" since he was drafter (the pistons now say he is 6'11.5" although I think hes still listed at 6'9" officially). Is he athletic enough to play the 3? I think so. Is he strong enough to play the 4? In a league with jamison, marion, etc manning the 4 I would def say so. Maybe cant bang with brand or the other heavies, but hes a mismatch for them as well.

Cant see him at the 3, max at the 4 and samb (or whoever) at the 5. more likely prince at the 3, max at the 4/5 and amir at the 5/4? Not sure, but its not like sheed is a hell of a lot thicker than him. If they went that run n gun way itd work. maybe he can start at all 3 frontcourt spots at the same time
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #18
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

If we trust his player page (which has him at 6'9), he's 210lbs. Tayshaun is listed at 215, for reference. To me, that's a featherweight 4!

http://www.nba.com/pistons/roster/
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #19
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Honestly I don't see any way how Amir is now 6'11.5". He honestly looks like his listed 6'9" next to Maxiell who was officially measured 6'5". I think the 6'11.5" talk is just hype BS because these pictures are from this past media day. BTW Amir is probably atleast 225 pounds because he was 217 in 2004.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewpr..._key=19387#bio

Johnson measured 6-9 (barefoot), weighed 217-lbs., with a reach of 8-9 and wingspan of 6-11 1/2 at the 2004 Youth Development Festival held in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Anyway from what I have seen from Amir he seems like one of those players like Josh Smith who would be athletic enough to play the 4 but maybe a natural 3. If he is going to try to become a primary PF he will need to gain weight. His skillset seems like it would be better at the 4 over time. It will be very interesting to see how he develops his skills.

Last edited by VCMVP1551 : 01-18-2008 at 07:54 AM.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #20
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

he can play the 4 because he's so long. he just needs to learn how to avoid fouls and work on his post game.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #21
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
he can play the 4 because he's so long. he just needs to learn how to avoid fouls and work on his post game.

What about the weight issue? I still think that's a bigger problem than his length because I'm concerned he won't be able to hold his place on the block against bigger PFs.

He and Maxiell played together for a bit against Orlando with Dwight in there. I was shocked!
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: