Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-14-2008, 05:01 AM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Bynum Injured/ No Ceballos allowed

I would like to apologize to the previous creator of the Bynum Injured thread as a certain person named Ceballos came in and ruined it.

Not to worry. Any posts done by him will be deleted and Jeff will check out the other stuff.

Until then, lets talk about Bynum.

Keep posting!

-lakerfreak-
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

Default Re: Bynum Injured/ No Ceballos allowed

let's throw in the towel, the season's over....

LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:13 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

relax its a long season. Bynum will be back. I dont think he will be out for more than 2 weeks.

My worry is how his conditioning will be when he returns.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:40 AM   #4
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

I just heard about it. This is quite bad for us as the tough schedule coming up for us just got a whole lot tougher. lots of teams will be rubbing their hand at the prospect of playing a bynum-less Laker team.
I'm assuming Kwame and Truiaf will be sharing the 5 spot but i seem to remember last time we had lots of centers out other posters claimed lamar could play the 5 against small teams (im thinking suns etc). I dunno about this, could that work for us?
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
marcus_v3
I airball my layups

Well that sucks. My friend told me about it a while ago and thought that he was just making stuff up (couldn't watch the game today) Man was I pissed when I found out that it was true

I'm a bit worried about our record but I think any serious meltdowns will be avoided this time around. Reasons:

1. Lakers are more experienced and deeper now. I know the C spot will hurt us since Kwame's gonna start and Turiaf is undersized but the other guys will pick up the slack (hopefully that is)

2. We still got KOBE As long as his there, we've always got a shot! They don't call him the best player in the world today for nothin. And if he feels that he needs to score more (which i Think he will) I wouldn't be surprised if he drops a bunch of 50+ games again to keep us a float until drew gets back. Then he'll probably go back to playing team ball again

PREDICTION: If Drew get's sidelined for about 3-4 weeks, expect Kobe to lead the league in ppg again before the month ends.
marcus_v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #6
mike239489

Bynum, we're all pulling for ya buddy. I'm going to bed right now, but when I wake up I hope to find some good news about the MRI.

I can't bear to watch any replays of the injury...it seriously ruined my mood for the whole night after watching that happen. It's so ridiculous this happens right when all this talk about how the Lakers of last year were right at this spot and then injuries ruined us. Stupid media jinxed us!!

On top of that Bynum was at the peak of his confidence and just getting better and better with every game that was being played. I hope this doesn't make him more hesitant in the future or lose any of that new-found confidence. Frankly, I think out of nearly our entire cast, he is the worst one to lose. I never thought I'd say this...but anyone know when Mihm's coming back?

And last but not least Kwame. Your name has to be mentioned because you are the man now who is supposed to step up and avenge Bynum. You are absolutely the most frustrating player to watch in the world. I almost felt like Kwame has recently been attacking a lot more and felt that maybe it was due to Bynum stepping so heavily that he had to prove himself and maybe was inspired as well. But this mofo couldn't dunk a tennis ball right now. I swear to god, every time he makes a decent move or anything, it NEVER EVER goes in ?! WTF KWAME! WORK ON YOUR GAME SON, YOU GOTTA BE THE ANCHOR NOW!

Get well soon 'Drew!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #7
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

I missed the game. Is everyone (including ESPN) just playing a cruel joke on me? Please tell me that's the case. Someone. Anyone.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Well Bynum has stated that it is not as bad, as they initially believed it to be. He can actually put some weight on it, without serious pain. So A week off for him would probably be worst case senario... which is a relief because as scary as it sounds, the lakers season rest on his continued improvement.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Well Bynum has stated that it is not as bad, as they initially believed it to be. He can actually put some weight on it, without serious pain. So A week off for him would probably be worst case senario... which is a relief because as scary as it sounds, the lakers season rest on his continued improvement.

If anyone hears an update on the MRI results, please post them in this forum as soon as you can!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #10
SoCalMike

Old 01-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #11
SoCalMike

Default Youtube

If you want to see the play in youtube, here it is:Edit*: Added post game interview of Andrew Bynum.

Last edited by SoCalMike : 01-14-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #12
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Pray man...thats we can do.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #13
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Cool Re: Bynum Injured/ No Ceballos allowed

Have no fear Kobe is here!!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #14
Bruinlove
Banned

Watching Kwame is painful. Kobe is sick, and unless he starts playing out of his mind, we're in trouble. However I think alot of teams will be underestimating us with Bynum out and not take us so serious. I think the Lakers are a good team without Bynum, as long as they have confidence. When it went down against memphis it seemed like the rest of the team, barring Kobe, just went out
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #15
shadybab
I airball my layups

First of all, thank you for creating the "No Ceballos Allowed" thread. My thread got saturated with Ceballo BS.

I hope to god that Bynum recovers quickly. He's pretty young so its very possible. Keep hopin' and praying... we're going to need him...
shadybab is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: