Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
driecken
I airball my layups

Default Re: Bynum Injured/ No Ceballos allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Pray man...thats we can do.

I will bet on it being a knee strain, Probably didn't tear any ligaments.

Things to do for laker success tonight;

For everyone to get involved and score some points, pass, and play good defense.

They should be alright, and if Kobe gets the ball around/through double teams they shouldn't have a problem shooting the ball well.

Defense will pay off, eventually leading to turnovers and then scores, or good percentage shots.

Rebounding is a must, wether combined through odom or brown and others, or brown needs to pick up where bynum left off, also turiaf will make his way into the line up more tonight and we will see if he can shoot the ball well, and get some rebounds.

They need to hold on to the ball well and not give up easy turnovers.

I am sure Kobe won't have any problems even if he is still sick.

Go Lakers

Last edited by driecken : 01-14-2008 at 02:33 PM.
driecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #17
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

I can't even concentrate at work right now...anxiously awaiting to hear how the MRI went :fingers crossed:

mike239489: someone correct me if I'm wrong...but Mihm is expected to be out another 2 weeks.

Well this is going to be a huge challenge for our Lakers...hopefully its just a couple of weeks tops...I think the combination of the improved team and the ability of Kobe to carry the load for a couple weeks can get us through this. I was a little surprised, as bruinlove stated, how unsettled the team looked after Bynum went down...the game looked sloppy...they probably went into panic mode thinking the same thing that happened last year is happening all over again. Hopefully some good news today and Fisher's leadership will settle everyone down.
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrujillo
I can't even concentrate at work right now...anxiously awaiting to hear how the MRI went :fingers crossed:

mike239489: someone correct me if I'm wrong...but Mihm is expected to be out another 2 weeks.

Well this is going to be a huge challenge for our Lakers...hopefully its just a couple of weeks tops...I think the combination of the improved team and the ability of Kobe to carry the load for a couple weeks can get us through this. I was a little surprised, as bruinlove stated, how unsettled the team looked after Bynum went down...the game looked sloppy...they probably went into panic mode thinking the same thing that happened last year is happening all over again. Hopefully some good news today and Fisher's leadership will settle everyone down.

My bet is Mihm does not travel with the team on 9:13 (the 9-game road trip in 13 days). Achillies problem.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #19
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

any word on the MRI results?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
any word on the MRI results?

According to the Local Laker Radio Station, KLAC 570, the Loose Cannons show has said there is no update as of yet. I had to turn the broadcast off when I went back to work. So, as of about 12:30PM, no word.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #21
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Bynum out up to 8 weeks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3196420

Quote:
Andrew Bynum, a key factor in the Los Angeles Lakers' 25-11 start to the season, will miss eight weeks with what his agent says is a subluxation of his left kneecap.

David Lee told ESPN The Magazine's Sam Alipour that Bynum will not need surgery. Bynum, who had an MRI on Monday, will begin rehabiliation immediately, Lee said.

"He's already focusing on his rehab," Lee said Monday.
Bynum injured his knee early in the third quarter of Sunday night's 100-99 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies. A subluxation occurs when the kneecap is pulled toward the outside of the knee.
"It was pretty scary because it felt like my knee twisted all around. Luckily I'm all right," Bynum, who was wearing a heavy brace after the game, told The Los Angeles Times.
"I didn't hear any pops. I'm able to put weight on it and it doesn't really hurt. Just when I bend it, it hurts."
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #22
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Bynum out up to 8 weeks

Thanks, netdoc. 8 ****ing weeks. **** a doodle doo.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #23
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

"I didn't hear any pops. I'm able to put weight on it and it doesn't really hurt. Just when I bend it, it hurts."

The above quote gives me a reason to be optimistic. Plus Bynum is 20, he'll heal way faster than Shaq did back in 97.

Speaking 97, anyone remember Campbell going on a tear on Shaq's absence?
20+ pts a game or so?
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #24
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton_04

The above quote gives me a reason to be optimistic. Plus Bynum is 20, he'll heal way faster than Shaq did back in 97.

Speaking 97, anyone remember Campbell going on a tear on Shaq's absence?
20+ pts a game or so?

hopefully thats the case here, kwame even though his hands are as small as cebalos dick, he does play exceptional post defense, and his postmoves are slightly moving, playing with the first unit with kobe should help him a little bit
mainthing is to try and play .500 ball now, we have our 14 game over .500 record, by the time the 2 months are up and bynum comes back there will enough time for him and the team to get back into there groove and be ready for the playoffs [which they will make] the loss of bynum only meens and alternate route to the celtics.. instead of playing portland in the 1st round we may play phx either way with a healthy bynum kobe fisher we will dominate them especialy in a best of 7, b/c how manyu times can they get hott
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #25
Lakers13
Reload Time

What did Ceballos do to ban himself from this thread? lol
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #26
driecken
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by driecken
I will bet on it being a knee strain, Probably didn't tear any ligaments.

Things to do for laker success tonight;

For everyone to get involved and score some points, pass, and play good defense.

They should be alright, and if Kobe gets the ball around/through double teams they shouldn't have a problem shooting the ball well.

Defense will pay off, eventually leading to turnovers and then scores, or good percentage shots.

Rebounding is a must, wether combined through odom or brown and others, or brown needs to pick up where bynum left off, also turiaf will make his way into the line up more tonight and we will see if he can shoot the ball well, and get some rebounds.

They need to hold on to the ball well and not give up easy turnovers.

I am sure Kobe won't have any problems even if he is still sick.

Go Lakers

^^ Ya... What I said...
48 Points.. 6 points in time they most count...

GO LAKERS
Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #27
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

1. This injury doesn't seem to be too bad...the fact that he wont need surgery is a huge plus. However, I'm concerned about what Bynum will do with this time off...will he be lazy or will he study the other big men in the league? Will he play XBOX all day or will he work on his upper body? I hope that when he's able to put weight on it that he'll practice his FTs and mid-range jumpers.

2. In terms of his replacements: I think it's going to be hard for me to get upset at Kwame. We're asking a lot from a guy who is still injured. Stu and Joel keep revisiting the swelling in his ankle. Kwame can barely jump and is having difficulty with lateral movements. If he was healthy, I could see him giving us 12/10, but he's not. Yet, last night he had 10/10...we as fans, need to be more patient with Kwame than usual.

3. Mihm is needed now!
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #28
driecken
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker Magic 32
1. This injury doesn't seem to be too bad...the fact that he wont need surgery is a huge plus. However, I'm concerned about what Bynum will do with this time off...will he be lazy or will he study the other big men in the league? Will he play XBOX all day or will he work on his upper body? I hope that when he's able to put weight on it that he'll practice his FTs and mid-range jumpers.

2. In terms of his replacements: I think it's going to be hard for me to get upset at Kwame. We're asking a lot from a guy who is still injured. Stu and Joel keep revisiting the swelling in his ankle. Kwame can barely jump and is having difficulty with lateral movements. If he was healthy, I could see him giving us 12/10, but he's not. Yet, last night he had 10/10...we as fans, need to be more patient with Kwame than usual.

3. Mihm is needed now!
Well said, I agree...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: