Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-14-2008, 05:15 AM   #1
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Default what was the worst basketball injury you experienced?

i dislocated my left knee when i was about to turn 13.

i was playing on an uneven (not entirely flat) court and probably stepped on one of the bumps as i was getting down from a rebound. i was surprised why i fell because i felt i landed good at first, didn't even feel any pain. but then i tried to get up and felt something from my knee and when i looked at it, the little bone in my left leg came out of my kneecap. thats when i first started feeling the pail lol. my buddies told me i turned white and was suddenly all sweaty.

i practically stopped playing ball after that, for about 3 years. i'd never forget that day, july 19, 1995. it was a week before my birthday (celebrated it on crutches) and at the same time was also the first time i asked somewhat out without getting turned down (practically the reason why i was bouncing all over the court and driving against guys over 6" taller than me).

injuries suck, kinda remembered this after hearing bout bynum. hope he's okay. so what do you guys have to share?
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #2
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

Default Re: what was the worst basketball injury you experienced?

I tried a 2-handed ally-oop after completing a few 1-handers, well i jumped up, missed the ball then lost all sence of balance in the air. So i grabbed the rim and my momentum carried me the wrong way and i fell. Broken wrist on my shooting side. I was not amused. i was out from mid-december till about march. i havent tried that since.
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

shredded my left knee in my freshman year off of a fast break dunk. Varsity coach was watching to see who to call up and I decided to "show my stuff". Long story short, I was out the rest of the season and never played until my senior year.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
DEEP-TRE
I brick open layups

I have never been hurt playing in any sport. except minor stuff such as ankle sprains things like that in my whole little league expieriences and my 4 years of a starting role in baseball, basketball, and football in high school.

My biggest injury was on a bike.. I was goin on a tabletop i was getting good air and ppl were yellin at me to do more trickes. So i got going and tried a 360 made it all the way around but went to far and landed on only the front tire, flipped over the habdle bars and landed all on my left hand.. I didnt break anything but i could not straigten my arm forever.. I was out like 2 and a half 3 weeks with a sprain or somethin.

I guess I am just durable but im lucky no huge injury!
DEEP-TRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Destroyed my left knee coming down from an alley oop, landed badly and broke every ligament and tendon, I was meant to come to the USA 2 weeks later to try out for football for a few colleges, ruined me for life, but that's what happens, never have had it repaired as they said the damage was so severe, I had just enopugh of a repair to be able to walk and lightly jog, can't sprint anymore, still play some ball but I'm limited to playing D and jacking up 3's.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: