Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Sonics, 1/14/08, 7:30PM PST, Key Arena

Hi Everyone,

VS.

7:30PM PST // 10:30PM EST Game Time

Television: K-CAL TV 9 Los Angeles,
NBA League Pass
KLAC 570AM LA Laker Radio Station

Season Record vs. Sonics: 1 - 0

This is the official gamecast for the Lakers vs. Sonics.

This is the first post Bynum road game. Fortunately (I guess), Bynum will be out for about 8 weeks although the Lakers are coming to the most difficult part of their schedule, with road games coming up and the 9:13 road trip at the end of the month. It will be of paramount importance for the Lakers to win the games like these against the sub-500 teams until Bynum gets back. Lets hope they respond strongly tonight.

There will likely be a similar thread in the NBA main forum, so please feel free to participate in both threads.

Game Preview: ESPN Game Preview

Go Lakers!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Sonics, 1/14/08, 7:30PM PST, Key Arena

Go Lakers
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Sonics, 1/14/08, 7:30PM PST, Key Arena

Wow, pretty much no activity in the PimpCast... I can't say as I blame anyone. Watching this game has been painful. I am not gonna watch anymore as its just too frustrating.

Good luck Lakers.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #4
mike239489

I second that SoCal...if we are struggling this much against the freakin' SUPERSONICS...well I just don't know what to say =/. Things dont look good for us Lakers fan now.

Funny how things can change so quickly. All of a sudden everyone was becoming so optimistic..now we're struggling against the Supersonics.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
mike239489

...and the Lakers have again gone from a playing beautiful team basketball to the Kobe show.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

I feel sick. I'm not sure I can watch anymore games till Bynum is back. Its just too painful.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #7
Ceballos
Banned

Ceballos has an OK reputation so far

Lakers will lose this one. If they don't...then I won't post here for a week!:
Ceballos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

See ya. Well that'll be the fastest week of the eight Bynum is gone.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #9
Ceballos
Banned

Ceballos has an OK reputation so far

I don't believe it!
Ceballos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #10
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

LLLLLLLAAATTTTAAAAA!!!!!

This folks, is what P-Jax and Kobe get paid to do. They need to figure out something before Thursday though. They HAVE to get it together again. Turiaf came up big, Brown had a good game, but Lamar stunk it up. 6 points???? Are you effing kidding me? You're supposed to be the second leading scorer on this team and you get 6 POINTS!!!! Come on dude!

GET YOUR AZZ IN THE POST AND GO TO WORK!!! STOP SHOOTING 3 POINTERS )(*!@#&%&^%(Q*@&#$!!!!!
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #11
mike239489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceballos

Starting.............now.

Quote:
See ya. Well that'll be the fastest week of the eight Bynum is gone.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:55 AM   #12
netdoc

Na na na na
na na na na
Hey Hey Hey
GOOOOOODDDDBYYYEEEE
Old 01-15-2008, 12:56 AM   #13
driecken
I airball my layups

driecken has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
LLLLLLLAAATTTTAAAAA!!!!!

This folks, is what P-Jax and Kobe get paid to do. They need to figure out something before Thursday though. They HAVE to get it together again. Turiaf came up big, Brown had a good game, but Lamar stunk it up. 6 points???? Are you effing kidding me? You're supposed to be the second leading scorer on this team and you get 6 POINTS!!!! Come on dude!

GET YOUR AZZ IN THE POST AND GO TO WORK!!! STOP SHOOTING 3 POINTERS )(*!@#&%&^%(Q*@&#$!!!!!

Agreed, Somehow I told ya so , it just doesn't cut it. I predicted a L.A. Win...
Look at Kobe's average points at that arena...

Even with bynum out they managed, lets see if it can continue..
driecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 AM   #14
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

after watching this game today...i dont think the lakers stand a chance to beat phx without bynum

we cant have kobe do that for eight more weeks
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:13 AM   #15
netdoc

Quote:
after watching this game today...i dont think the lakers stand a chance to beat phx without bynum

we cant have kobe do that for eight more weeks

I disagree - to an extent. I will not undervalue Bynum's contributions to this team, however, L.A. had less than 24 hours to make adjustments - which includes practice time and to get players reacclimated to playing without Bynum.

This was the back end of a back to back - which is tough and they came off of a close hard fought win last night. Plus, Kobe has been battling flu symptoms (but he hardly looks it). You are right, the team cannot depend on Kobe bailing them out every night with 40 + points a game, however, he can will his team to victory.

Now - to the Suns game. History shows that Lamar plays very well against them (and against Marion). Fisher has shown that he is a steady pressance against Nash, which will also have to battle Farmar. Barbosa will be matched up against Bryant and Hill is going to be missing - so that takes another scorer out of the mix. If Brown can stand his ground against Stoudemire, then this game should go in the Lakers favor.

I'm more worried about the 9 games in 13 nights. This was going to be tough WITH Bynum, now they have to battle without him. They have to go find another big body to roll with - whether that be P.J. Brown or Webber. They cannot battle with Brown and Turiaf at the Center spot.

Regardless, I'm savoring the fact that L.A. is on top of the Western Conference (even by a half game is great). Boston and L.A. in the top of the conferences this late in the season! How great is that for nostalgia purposes?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: