Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-14-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Anyone load emulators on their PSP?

I'm interested in doing it, especially an old NES one. I read up on it a bunch last year, but unfortunately had just updates my firmware and couldnt ever do it. Haven't looked into it in probably a year or so.

Were you comfortable doing it? Did it seem like a pretty safe process? I don't feel like bricking my PSP as I use it a lot when traveling.

If people can post their experiences with them / offer some good info and sites it would be very appreciated.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anyone load emulators on their PSP?

I didn't do it, but I am scared as **** to do it. I really love my PSP too much to brick it, or even have a slight chance of doing it. I did already with my phone once so I don't want to risk it again.

CannonBall knows alot about it though.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

A nephew of mine recently did it. He just researched and did it. I sent him the following message yesterday. His response follows.

-Was it easy to hack your psp?

-During the process what % would you say there was to seriously screw up your system?

-What happens when you put in a UMD with an update? If you update won't that screw up your hacked games?

-What is the visual/audio quality of the games?

-Do the games control well? Can you map the buttons?

-Is virtually any old game downloadable? Turbo-Grafx-16 games?

yeah it was pretty easy...if i was to "brick" my psp, i found a way to de-brick it and return it back to its original software...god of war chains of olympus has an update on it and it doesn't screw up my hacked games because once you install custom firmware on your psp you can upgrade back to the latest version...the visual on n64 games wasn't great because they haven't created a emulator smooth enough to run on a psp and some audio sux but most dont...yes you can map the buttons to whatever you want...yeah i've seen alota turbo grafx 16 games but i'm yet to find a emulator for the psp...the hacked games sometimes freeze and i've also noticed that they drain the battery sooner
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Bricked mine the day I got it. But I brought it back to the store the next day and told them it never worked, so they gave me a brand new one. I've never been tempted to do it to my PSP since. I'd like to try to load some on my DS but never get around to trying to do it.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
I'm interested in doing it, especially an old NES one. I read up on it a bunch last year, but unfortunately had just updates my firmware and couldnt ever do it. Haven't looked into it in probably a year or so.

Were you comfortable doing it? Did it seem like a pretty safe process? I don't feel like bricking my PSP as I use it a lot when traveling.

If people can post their experiences with them / offer some good info and sites it would be very appreciated.
you get it flashed?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
you get it flashed?

Brick, flash, mod, pandora. It's all confusing to me. I wish someone made a guide that would start you from scratch and end with you having a modded psp. Everyone says click on this link and you only get part of what to do. I'm just gonna have my nephew do it for me. He's modded a couple already.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Brick, flash, mod, pandora. It's all confusing to me. I wish someone made a guide that would start you from scratch and end with you having a modded psp. Everyone says click on this link and you only get part of what to do. I'm just gonna have my nephew do it for me. He's modded a couple already.
well it all depends on what motherboard is in your psp. Like if it's past a certain date you can't run the first firmwares on it... Then you gotta find what firmware you have and see what you can do. I modded mine like years ago and it was way different then what you do now, and I can't even remember how I did it anyway.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
well it all depends on what motherboard is in your psp. Like if it's past a certain date you can't run the first firmwares on it... Then you gotta find what firmware you have and see what you can do. I modded mine like years ago and it was way different then what you do now, and I can't even remember how I did it anyway.

Did you have alot of downloaded games? How was the quality of the games?

By the way, looks like you lost an avy bet right?
Old 04-19-2008, 03:03 AM   #9
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Did you have alot of downloaded games? How was the quality of the games?

By the way, looks like you lost an avy bet right?
I have a few downloaded. usually I just buy them because I like having the case and it's nice to just pop it in and play not have to transfer it to the memory stick and all that bull.

Quailty is exactly the same.

And yeah lost an avy bet over the pitt. michigan game.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Just got my system worked on. I can now play Mike Tyson's Punchout, Super Punchout, Contra 3, and Suikoden II on my psp. Great old school gaming on the go!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: