Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Out of every game, which one are you best at?

Well, I guess explain how good at the game you are. If you play on 360, list some major achievements for the game you are best at.

In Guitar Hero 3, I play on expert. Took me about 2 weeks from the first time I've ever played the game to go from easy to expert... Atleast that's what trips my friends out.. I've almost beaten the game on expert, I'm stuck on Slayer: Raining Blood (and I know I'll have just as much fun when I have to battle against Lou). I've gotten 100% notes hit on an Expert song (Lacuna Coil: Closer... the easiest song to play on expert in the game). I have about 15 5 stars. I have 4 stars on some of the harder songs like Metallica: One, and Eric Johnson: Cliffs of Dover. I've beaten the whole game, plus every single bonus song on hard difficulty.

On expert, I'm stuck on about 5 or 6 more songs, don't remember the names of all of them, but few of them are Muavis Garcon(I need to work on alt-strumming to weird beats), Raining Blood, and.....

... The infamous, Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce. If you know guitar hero, you know about Through the Fire and Flames. I'm able to get through the intro with tapping (a method used when you play some of the fret buttons with your strumming hand... while strumming with your elbow on most occasions). I've gotten through more than half the song one time, but died at the insane solos.

Talk... or brag(if that's what you want to call it) about the video game you are best at.
clipps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Out of every game, which one are you best at?

never really had a game none of my friends could beat me at until wii tennis.

i've become an expert at the return shot. no one can hit it back. and when i get a return like the one i hit coming at me, i can usually dig it out.

also maybe mario kart on the ds.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool

Graw2 Number 28 In World As Of Now
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
never really had a game none of my friends could beat me at until wii tennis.

i've become an expert at the return shot. no one can hit it back. and when i get a return like the one i hit coming at me, i can usually dig it out.

also maybe mario kart on the ds.

I was the same way. I would always get my ass kicked on Halo3, CoD4(although I've gotten a little bit better), etc. but I'm untouchable in Guitar Hero 3 unless they played on easy and I played on expert on through the fire and flames or something like that.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Super Mario Kart - SNES
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - PC
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

TJ4'D has an OK reputation so far

Probably any of the EA NHL games. I completely dominate at those games.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Toss-up between Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

To the OP, I usually play on Hard. I haven't been able to beat any of the Guitar Heros on Expert. I usually start out fine, but the last couple of lists always proves to be a little too hard for me.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

The games I play best are:

Contra (NES) : I can 1lc it

Power Strike (SMS) : I can 1lc this too.

Recca (Famicom), Alzadick, and Nexzr (Duo) : I don't know anyone who can touch my scores in 2 minute mode.

Zanac Neo (PSX) : I can 1cc with a pretty good score - could do better though with better chaining

Magical Chase (TG16) : I can 1cc with out any health items which = better score.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm badass at Wild Gunman.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

Mortal Kombat 2 for the Super Nintendo

NHL 95 and NHL 99...95 for super nintendo, and 99 for playstation. I could beat all my friends on it by pretty wide margins, and since I'm Canadian, that's pretty impressive...

And last but not least, I caught 150 pokemon in Pokemon Blue(with very little cheating).
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #11
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Top Spin 2 for Xbox 360. No one can beat me.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #12
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im stuck on Raining Blood on hard. You must have insane finger.....moving ability. I guess?

Im not really good at any games jsut good at them all. You think you're good until you go online.....sheesh.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
I was the same way. I would always get my ass kicked on Halo3, CoD4(although I've gotten a little bit better), etc. but I'm untouchable in Guitar Hero 3 unless they played on easy and I played on expert on through the fire and flames or something like that.
dude, i play guitar hero 3 competitively its a two person ladder on a website and i am looking for someone that can take the really good people. i can do easy medium and hard but SUCK at expert. if you cant to join post your gamertag and i will get you on
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:04 PM   #14
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
dude, i play guitar hero 3 competitively its a two person ladder on a website and i am looking for someone that can take the really good people. i can do easy medium and hard but SUCK at expert. if you cant to join post your gamertag and i will get you on

I wish, but I don't have any consoles that work for GH3. I play at friends houses and they all have ps2.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #15
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Im stuck on Raining Blood on hard. You must have insane finger.....moving ability. I guess?

Im not really good at any games jsut good at them all. You think you're good until you go online.....sheesh.

I managed to get past Raining Blood on hard... Never played it again. I hate that song in GH3. I got lucky one time, stayed in the yellow in the middle of "Mosh1"(the insane part that people normally fail at), and activated star power after I dipped in the red, the rest was easy for me after that. Now Raining Blood on expert... That makes me want to kill babies. I got passed mosh1 on expert one time with star power, but I failed at the end... I was pissed.

I feel you on that online part, especially in guitar hero. I'll kick the sh*t out of my friends in 2 player, think that I'm the sh*t, play online and I'll hit 80% of the notes on Dragonforce and still lose by over 200k. And crazy people that can hit 100% of the notes on hard songs like Cliffs of Dover and Before I Forget all on expert... I only have one recorded FC(100% notes hit) on expert and that's on Closer... the easiest song in the game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: