Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Suns talking trade for Kirilenko, Odom, or Gasol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Marion CANNOT play the PF position in the West unless it is in a run-and-gun system like the Suns. He CANNOT guard Duncan, Brand, Boozer, etc.

So, if we get him, Turiaf moves to PF (unless we sign someone else) and Luke moves to the bench, giving us both Luke and Ariza off the bench at the SF spot.

Of course, Marion can play PF when we go small-ball, but we don't play small-ball against the defending champions...nor against the Jazz amongst others.

Please man understand what my bottom line is.

If we sign webber, then trade odom for marion because that way we got Marion playing the 3 here and Webber playing the 4.

Thats what I have been trying to point at. Marion would play the 3 here better than Odom.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #17
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

This is all pretty fabricated. There has been no serious talk of a PHX trade right now.

All these supposed rumors had some substance last summer, but nothing has been talked about for a while.

I would endorse a Marion for Odom trade though. :
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:13 PM   #18
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
I hope I'm not going to say "something stupid" lol

Let think for a second. When you have great players a big reason why you have these players on a team is so that
(a)They help you win games
(b)They help you lead your team to the playoffs
(c)They upgrade their play in the playoffs

Here is my point. Has lamar punked Marion in the past?? during the playoffs?
Would lamar tear it up in a suns uniform? a fastbreak offense in which he would get consistent shot attempts which the majority would happen to be lay ups, open shots etc.?

I'm pretty sure that if lamar was on the suns, as THIRD option, he would get his 20 points. However I strongly disagree that the matrix is better than our friend LO. Why? let me tell you why. What makes Marion so good? His ball handling? His shooting? cross over? playmaking? oh wait I know his 3 point shooting?
NOPE.
It is his hustle. People can argue that he is a good defender and I'm not saying he isnt. But answer me this question. If he was so much better than odom, and such a great defender, then why couldn't he stop odom in the playoff back to back years? Why doesn't he bring it in the playoffs? Im just asking.

Back to what makes Marion so good. Running the floor. Making easy open shots, lay ups, and put backs. What else? making plays? I dont think so. All he does is pass the ball within the offense and gets EASY buckets and put backs. Thats it. Once and a while an open 3. But if he cant stop Odom, (A player that he is OBVIOUSLY better than, and who isn't a scorer) so then we must be getting him for his offense right? Do you guys really think he is going to play like that in the triangle? Bring his 20 points to the lakers? I dont think so. Although I am sure that if he came to the lakers he would bring atleast 15 points with him. But lets not forget that stats arent everything. He wouldnt have as much of an impact as lamar. Lamar is a much better shooter, play maker, passer, ball handler, and has more moves in the post. All marion has is that little bit of hustle that makes him good.

When has lamar had a healty off season??? whens the last time that he was actually healthy and was able to work on and improve his game? Because last I checked, I couldnt. A big reason why, is Lamar plays for us even when he is injured. Dont trade him for Marion(A guy who says he doesnt get enough credit and isnt getting paid enough)

I would take Odom, regardless of that off night in seatle

He speaks the truth! Besides Marions numbers would suffer leaving Phoenix. And Odom has consistantly punked Marion in the playoffs for sure.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #19
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Sorry, but I'd still take Marion. We can't afford to have Odom only bring it during the playoffs only. He costs us way too much in the regular season.

By the way all that stuff you said about playmaking, making easy shots, crossovers....Odom still doesn't do any of that.

Let me tell you what Odom is good at:
Missing layups
Missing open jumpers
Slowing down the offense with stupid decisions
Never passes the ball to the center
Never cuts after passing

He doesn't do anything right. Sorry. He can rebound and hide in an offense.

Odom is not a good triangle player. He's better off in pheonix where he can pass and help rebound, but he isn't going to score there.

Lamar is a great Triangle player, I believe that mr Phil Jackson can agree on this one.
If you want to talk about stats, Marion is avg 16 points. He is a third option right? behind Stat? and who else nash? The pass first PG himself.
Lamar is a 2nd option to mr. 44 shot attempts himself. And I feel that Bynum is becoming our 2nd option with lamar taking the 3rd option share with Fish.
And we do have a better record than the suns.

Lamar doesnt cut when he passes the ball? what? Lamar cuts so much, and they dont give him the ball. The only time he doesnt really cut is when he passes the ball to kobe. Thats because it then becomes an iso play. Or when he gives it to Bynum. And thats so he has space to operate.

You said lamar doesn't pass to centers??? are you serious? Lamar passes to everyone. Maybe not as much this year because he is just having trouble getting into a rhythm.

Lamar does make layups, he has missed like 2 easy ones lately, but really who doesnt miss layups? Kobe has missed one this year. And dont get me started with Dfish. This guy DOES not make all of his layups. Nor does luke, or any other laker. Nobody is perfect.

Those jumpshots that he misses, is becaus he takes them when he is not feeling the game and playing out of Rhythm. They mainly come from the 3 point line.

"Slowing down the offense with stupid decisions" - Can you explain this please
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #20
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
If we sign webber, then trade odom for marion because that way we got Marion playing the 3 here and Webber playing the 4.

Hey now fellow Highlander...Chris Webber? Do you expect to him to play the same number of minutes as Odom and live? I like Webber, and I believe he can be a good bench player giving us 15min/g, but to put him into the starting lineup is a lot to ask of him. If he could handle that many minutes then he would be playing now instead of taking the first half of the season off.

Why not just be patient and get O'Neal in the summer?
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #21
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker Magic 32
Hey now fellow Highlander...Chris Webber? Do you expect to him to play the same number of minutes as Odom and live? I like Webber, and I believe he can be a good bench player giving us 15min/g, but to put him into the starting lineup is a lot to ask of him. If he could handle that many minutes then he would be playing now instead of taking the first half of the season off.

Why not just be patient and get O'Neal in the summer?

Great post. I'm not opposed to getting Webber (assuming he wants to come here), but it's unreasonable to think that he can still play 35 mins/game after sitting out half the season--not to mention the steep learning curve that comes with the system/offense PJ utilizes.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We've waited a couple of years for Odom to be the player we want him to be and it hasn't happened. It doesn't necessarily have to be Marion but I think the Lakers should try to shop him around. If they can't find something better, well at least they tried. I know some people try to say he is only disappointing because of the money he makes but to me a player that makes that much should be a #1 or #2 guy on a team. If he can't do that then let's get someone in here who can. I remember Odom saying in the preseason about how he wanted to be an all-star this year, etc, etc. It just isn't going to happen. The Lakers need to cut their losses with him and move in a different direction, but if there isn't a good deal the only thing they can do is wait.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:53 AM   #23
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lakerfreak,

From what I saw today, I would still take Lamar over marion. 19/19/5
And I saw him make layups, and pass the center the ball. He was even cutting...
:)
Just thought that I should put that out there

"Make love, Not war" - The fresh prince
Old 01-18-2008, 03:27 AM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Lakerfreak,

From what I saw today, I would still take Lamar over marion. 19/19/5
And I saw him make layups, and pass the center the ball. He was even cutting...
:)
Just thought that I should put that out there

"Make love, Not war" - The fresh prince

Well you must have been watching the good times bro because his FG % isn't as generous as you are.

If we sign Chris Webber, Start turiaf at the 4 and have webber back him up its not that difficult to decide.

Quote:
You said lamar doesn't pass to centers??? are you serious? Lamar passes to everyone. Maybe not as much this year because he is just having trouble getting into a rhythm.

No he doesn't pass to centers. He's always doing what the triangle calls a lag pass and nothing more. He doesn't do anything creative with the ball. He isn't playmaking for sh!t and definitely isn't making the offense run at all.

Marion owned us today. You can accept it, or continue to pray that Odom suddenly becomes a 20/12 player.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #25
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Well you must have been watching the good times bro because his FG % isn't as generous as you are.

If we sign Chris Webber, Start turiaf at the 4 and have webber back him up its not that difficult to decide.

No he doesn't pass to centers. He's always doing what the triangle calls a lag pass and nothing more. He doesn't do anything creative with the ball. He isn't playmaking for sh!t and definitely isn't making the offense run at all.

Marion owned us today. You can accept it, or continue to pray that Odom suddenly becomes a 20/12 player.

Did you not see the dimes he was giving kwame? I love kwame, but I hate him at the same time. The reason I said that his health was part of the reason for him missing dunks is because last night I saw him not jumping very high and he wasnt getting enough lift from those legs of his. Marion owned us? all he did was get fatbreak buckets, and easy buckets. Diaw was killin us softly'. So was barbosa but marion? he played well against us but owning us is a bit overdoing it
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: