Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 08-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
Lotsadimes
I airball my layups

Lotsadimes has an OK reputation so far
Default To Josh Smith fans

Check yaself. There is no doubt in my mind Marvin's gonna be alot better and has way more potential then Smith who's almost reached the ceiling of his talents. Show me what you see.
Lotsadimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Josh Smith is all-star potential and a much better prospect, Marvin hasn't shown me anything to make me think otherwise. Did you see Smith play after the allstar game? He was constantly getting 20+ points, around 15 rebounds and around 5 blocks, just a sign of things to come. He just needs to be a little more consistent, that should come with time as he is still developing.

He should breakout next year, I thought it would be this year but he had a bad first half.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #3
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsadimes
Check yaself. There is no doubt in my mind Marvin's gonna be alot better and has way more potential then Smith who's almost reached the ceiling of his talents. Show me what you see.

explain what "way more potential" means

How has Smith reached the ceiling of his talents?

What are the ceiling of his talents?

Do you have a relationship with Budda?
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far

no way, josh smith is defintely going to be an all star, i doubt marvin williams ever gets there, they both play the same position, they're the same age, i think josh is gonna have a 17, 8 and 3 season this year, i can see him leading the league in blocks for sure, marv is still gonna be on a steep learning curve this season, but he should be good for a double double every now and again, josh by far has more potential though.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #5
Czar
I airball my layups

Czar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

How can you tell if a 19 year old has reached his ceiling. He just developed a jumper last year. So I still think he has room to grow.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #6
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far

BTW, its too early to make such conclusions! Anyway, I think both will be outstanding players... Its a bit stupid to say that Smoove reached his prime, because he is going to be one of the best forwards in the NBA for the years to come (on both ends of the court)! As far as Marvin is concerned, I believe that he will also establish himself and show us true potential. He just needs to keep being agressive and work hard... Too bad for us (Hawks) that basically they both play the same position and down the road we will have to make a decision which one to keep!
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #7
AtlHawks
I airball my layups

AtlHawks has no real reputation yet.

In term of the complete package for a SF. Marvin is the better prospect of the two. Smoove is more of a tweener. He is just now developing the offensive skills Marvin already has. Marvin has a much better understanding of the game. That is another area Smoove is still in the process of developing. What Smoove has over Marvin is athletic ability and the aggressiveness. Marvin is athletic in his own right. If he continue to show the aggressiveness. Marvin in the long run will be better than Smoove when it come to them being SF. Smoove game is more suited for PF I believe. He could go Amare on the league and just dismantle other teams PF.
AtlHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Josh Smith is really good. He's in the mold of AK47...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #9
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

I definitly think Smith is the better player. His scoring is superior to Marvin's in most ways. He is also a better defender, rebounder, and shot blocker because of his monster athletisism and jumping ability.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #10
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Josh Smith + Marvin Williams = Future of Hawks = Underrated
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:57 AM   #11
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

u have no IDEA wat da fu*k ur talking abt.

JOSH SMITH is the future of the atlanta hawks, not Joe Johnson. given time, smith would be MUCH better than johnson. hes a shot blocking SF whos rly athletic, and he still has a lot of room to improve. look at his numbers. +.7 apg, +1.6 ppg, +.6 bpg, 3pnters improved, and God Forbid if he didnt block joey graham to initiate that fast break dunk by josh childress.
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #12
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

butch mcrae has an OK reputation so far

there's no way he reached his ceiling, especially with harrington in the mix. When he got minutes, he showed what he could do. for an athletic kid out of highschool without a jumpshot, he's impressed me.
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #13
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Josh Smith should be special plain and simple. From what I've seen the worst case scenario I see from him is AK47, and yes I did say worst case. If he ever gets even an average jumper and improves his handle some he will be a better offensive offensive than Kirilenko because of his insane athleticism and his increasing power.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #14
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Josh Smith and double J (Joe Johnson) are going to be all stars for this Hawks squad. Josh hasn't shown what he can really do yet, all you've seen is the highlight reel Domonique Wilkins style dunks.

Marvin Williams, some said he should have stayed in school (and he should have), but potential is one thing, showing what you can do is another. But I bet in a year M-Will is going to be another All Star for the Hawks.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #15
HawksFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HawksFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Both will be "Stars"...

Gentlemen..."both" Marvin and Josh will be long term NBA Stars. For what it is worth...Billy and his Coaching Staff LOVE both of these players and see no problem with playing time. Josh will play more inside due to his excellent shot blocking and rebounding skills. Marvin will play more ourside due to his excellent shooting skills. Mix in Shelden with whom the Hawks are very pleased and you have an exceptionally talented forward rotation that can easily adapt to opponent matchups.

If we stay healthy...we are going to surprise...41+...and closing strong.
HawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: