Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #16
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Default Re: Ship Kwames A$$ Out Of Here!!!

Walton has been playing like he forgot how to play basketball. His dribblin' is hectic, his shot is near airball status, and he seems to always be out of control.

Kwame, well hes merely cementing what we have known for quite a while now. Not to mention his ankle is swollen to the size of a grapefruit.

I think the lakers should package Walton and Kwame to someone who may want a decent sf and some salary relief.

What we need to get in return is a center than can go thru the motions. We dont need a mega impact player, nor a near all star player. We just need someone who has decent passing skills, and who wont create mistakes at a pace of 100 miles per hour. At least someone who can dunk... and in the NBA thats neer anyone.. which says much about Kwame.

Then if they are able to scoop up CWebb you can at the very least keep the wall up, at the center spot, while Bynum returns. Not centers that will be the focus, just some that wont be so damn basketball ignorant.

And in Lukes case, I prefer to have Trevor as the main SF than Walton, anyway...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #17
Phanatik
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Lakers need one of those machines that shoot out the balls (like in the movie Dodgeball) and have Kwame stand in front and practice catching them for a whole practice session, and probably before the games too. His hands are horrible, can't catch, can't dribble, can't shoot, damn, how's he in the NBA?
Phanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #18
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Right now I wish I could change my username.
Moderators, can I do that? I'd take Turiaf as my username.

The Laker Post-game announcer ( money) is pretty much excusing all the poor play to injuries.
He mentioned that not only Kwame is hurt, but that Luke is still not 100% from his high ankle sprain from last year. And we know the story about Mihm. He has not been healthy for the past 2 years.

Did we just become the new Grant Hill of the NBA? Do we have a bunch of chronically injured players?
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #19
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Who in the heck do you guys think we can get for a luke/kwame deal? Be realistic. We are not going to get a quality player and we are not going to get cap relief. Those 2 have little to no value around the league, even with Kwame's expiring contract. Trade them for a quality player? Dream on guys, any deal we make with those 2 as the center pieces will not be for a player that can help our team. If we deal them, then we most likely will have to take a subpar player with a longer contract. Looks like we are stuck with them.

You guys are all overreacting. Bynums out, and we played a quality team in the Suns. We are still learning to adjust to him being out. Obviously kwame is not a starter, but he is a good back up for bynum when he does return. After one game everyones jumped off the bandwagon and is saying trade like half our starting line up. LO played very hard last night. I liked how he was aggresive on the boards and attacking the hole. Again, Bynums presence makes it easier for everyone. LO plays better and we clog the paint. With Bynum in, suns dont get into the paint as easy. I would play Ariza more than luke though. Lukes looks very shaky out there as of late. We dont need a big deal to go down. We need to weather the storm until bynums back. I guess unless we go on a 7 game skid or somethig
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #20
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Do you guys honestly think this team would be better off just cutting Kwame, trading him for nothing, or trading him for a bad contract, say like Ben Wallace? And trust me for the next 2 years you'll bithc even more about the 15 mil that Big Ben makes that prevents the Lakers from making trades and free agent signings. The only way you can trade him is either for nothing (draft picks or useless players) or a bad contract. His trade value can't get much lower right now.

The reality is that he will remain a Laker until the end of the season and will not be resigned.

I'm not a Kwame fan and he frustrates me just as much as he does you guys, but if Kwame wasn't here who plays center? Turiaf backed up by Odom, which then leaves you with Luke or Ariza at PF when Odom is at the 5? Turiaf can't log big min at center and he cant stay out of foul trouble, so Odom would become your center and then you have a great big hole at PF.

So as crappy as Kwame is playing right now, we don't have any other options until the Lakers bring in C-Webb.

Last edited by alexthegod : 01-18-2008 at 04:46 PM.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #21
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

LEAVE KWAME BROWN ALONE!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #22
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Quote:
but if Kwame wasn't here who plays center?

No offense, but when Kwame is here, he doesn't play center either. I'm not even sure if he's playing basketball out there, I think he's come up with his own game and rules and is just out there doing something else entirely.

Unfortunately he can't be traded, nobody wants him, even with the expiring contract, so we're stuck with him. I say bench the tool and make him carry luggage and get water for the other guys, assuming he can manage to carry such things without dropping them.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #23
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Why defending him still?

He missed wide open fukcing shots, dunks, everything. He's not a good starter. We cannot afford this Injury with Bynum. His health has nothing to do with missed dunks. He has to make those. Those boos today were well deserved and I hope it happens to him again so he can smell the fukcing coffee.

Because he is a LAKER. And I love Kwameís Defense, rebounding, size. It is just that he is too worried of making a mistake that he does. A guy that we need to ship out is Luke. Iím sorry but this guy is a Turn over machine. Iím fed up with it. He is a Sh!ty version of Lamar. He plays well sometimes but I just feel, his time with us is up. I say we deal Luke to grab another forward who can help out down low.
I didnít like the way the fans were booing Kwame. They should have been booing Luke like that. Luke is just not the same player as last year. The guy we have now is just horrible.

Another thing. I hate when Kobe purposely doesnít shoot in order to prove his point. It fustrates me. Yeah we donít have the best group of guys without Kobe and Bynum so what kobe did last night is he took like 2 shots for 2 quarters. What he is trying to do is show the people in LA what kind of team they have without Bynum and Kobe. Damn KobeÖlol never gets it right. Dfish was horrible last night. Did he even score?

We have too many guys who just arenít bringing it like they used to and can.
Guys like
Kwame, Lamar, Luke, Dfish, these guys should be playing strong for us and donít get me wrong, they do sometimes but they have to start being consistent. Thatís a big reason why Kobe plays this Iím not going to shoot because when I do shoot everybody and their mom says I Shoot too much
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 AM   #24
Lakers13
Reload Time

Well Im all for getting rid of Kwame, been like that for over a year now. Problem is we have no depth at Center too risk losing him. Even if we got lucky and traded him away, wed have to take on some bad contract and that would take over the roster spot.

As for his defense...hahahahaha. Hes a good post up defender but thats about it. He wont block down, cant find his way out of a pick and roll, let alone switch. Hes too much of a liability to have out there. Smush Parker anyone?
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #25
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Thanks to that lazy bastard ass, I broke my friend's remote and owe him a new one.

Ship Kwame out or even buy out the motherfukcer. Same goes for Walton and Odom.

We should seriously consider trading Odom for Marion now. We all saw what fukcing happened, Marion couldn't be stopped basically and Odom shot 35% from the field.

Whats the next person gonna tell me now? "At least Odom got three more boards"?

In all honesty, I want Bynum back and right now. The Kid is why we're winning big. He's why we temporarily held first place. Without him we're just like the motherfukcing sonics.

Can we please get real and just ship all three of their asses out?
LMAO, that was great. I do agree. The Lakers are a completely different team without Bynum. It's night and day.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #26
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Because he is a LAKER. And I love Kwameís Defense, rebounding, size.
I'd like to know what it is about his defense that you like so much. It doesn't impress me. He's just a big body. He doesn't block shots well, he doesn't rebound well, he doesn't position himself well, he doesn't play the help side well. I think he just sucks so bad offensively and since he plays defense mediocre sometimes all the sudden he is the stopper. Bynum is a much better defensive presence. The Lakers desperately need that kid to get healthy soon.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:05 AM   #27
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

Laker fans should give Kwame a standing ovation next home game, he deserves it after going through all of this. At least then he'll know that the fans are disappointed with his plays but still support him....
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #28
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
Laker fans should give Kwame a standing ovation next home game, he deserves it after going through all of this. At least then he'll know that the fans are disappointed with his plays but still support him....

Dude, we cant give this guy applause for being a Sloth. He needs to wake up and work hard off the court instead of being the guy that collects his pay check and thats it. He doesnt get a pass.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #29
SCV42
Buck Foston

Kwame sucks! Remember the "cake" incident a little ways back when he took some dudes cake and threw it in his face or whatever? Well, I think what really happened is he was planning on carrying dudes cake for him (just being nice) and got ahead of himself again with his hyper-footwork and his little MINI-ME hands lost control of that cake and the rest is history. He can't catch the flu, can't palm a tennis ball and certainly can't shoot with range beyond a foot (and even that is at a 50% clip). Addition by subtraction. I say you stick Gary Vitti in there at center instead.
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: