Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-18-2008, 03:02 AM   #1
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default Kobe On Kwame..

The team was unanimous in their support for Kwame Brown. There was a sequence where he missed shots and turned the ball over with the crowd booing his every move. No one in the Laker locker room was happy with how he was treated by the fans.

- Kobe Bryant on Kwame, "I thought it was terrible actually. I don't think they should react to that and if they do they should stay home. He's going to be our center for two months and if anything they should support him. You can't tear him down. He's going to be our guy here for two months. We're going to ride with him. I told him 'I've got his back. I don't care how many times they boo you.'"

"He's our guy. We've got to continue to pick him. He's going to do fine. He's going to play well. He's going to play well next game - and they should chant his name next game."

Finally - "They're Laker fans. They should be here to support us and help us win - not to boo a guy who struggled even more. Kwame is sensitive. If you boo him, it's going to affect him. I think everybody here wants us to win - and we want to win. We have to do things that are going to encourage our guy to perform well and next game he'll do much better."

he makes a point, eventhough he sucksssss, we prob make him a little worse then he is, i meen we gta live with him for a while..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kobe On Kwame..

Still how emotional can a 270 lb 6'11'' tough guy be?

Kwame certainly is not the first NBA player to ever be booed, He should learn from constructive criticism, not cry from it. He's in the NBA and he's making 9 million fukcing dollars, and if he's making that much he better make his open dunks and layups. He's completely shut down Amare several times, why can't he do it anymore?

If you're tall, and athletic, and can run, there isn't any reason you should miss open dunks and layups over and over.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Still how emotional can a 270 lb 6'11'' tough guy be?

Kwame certainly is not the first NBA player to ever be booed, He should learn from constructive criticism, not cry from it. He's in the NBA and he's making 9 million fukcing dollars, and if he's making that much he better make his open dunks and layups. He's completely shut down Amare several times, why can't he do it anymore?

If you're tall, and athletic, and can run, there isn't any reason you should miss open dunks and layups over and over.

Ever see 'the green mile' ? Extremely big and extremely sensitive - and yeah i know its just a movie.

I didn't watch the game but I can see how Kobe would say this. He's trying to still be somewhat of a leader. It's like what he said in the game the other night in the 4th qtr with Kwame shooting his free throws. "blah blah, i'm gonna have to probably bail you out anyway so just shoot 'em with confidence"

And lo and behold he made one.

And yeah potentially 2 months of Kwame (unless some blessing from above) is a good point. Fan's booing him is not the right approach if in fact they want the lakers to win.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Kobe has ZERO social skills, why the hell would he tell the world of Kwame's sensitivity?
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far

Regardless of the player, SUPPORTers should never boo a player on their team... it's ridiculous. Kwame has shown how useless he can be and also shown how good he can be.. so I say now he has the opportunity to prove himself as our main center again, let's just back off and see what he does. If he plays crap, alright, he plays crap. But booing him for it? What is that? Kobe's absolutely right here and I think he's handled the situation exactly as he should.
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

I guess Michael Jordan was right when he called Kwame Brown a flaming ******. I had never seen Jordan as frustrated with a player as he was with Brown. The truth is what it is; Kwame is an awful basketball player. Bottom line. From his first shot of the game, where he took that poor excuse for a jump shot with his legs awkwardly spread apart, I knew it was gonna be a long night. He can't catch, can't shoot (which no one expects him to do anyway), can't dunk, can't make layups, can't dribble, can't even pass the ball well. I think we have all given him a chance but at this point is more than safe to say that he is the worst #1 pick of all time. He has officially surpassed Michael Olowokandi. I shouldnt have to cringe everytime he has the ball or every time the ball goes in his direction. He is an offensive liability. Realistically, he and Lamar are the same height. I would rather see LO at center than Kwame. And anyone who feels sorry for Kwame should really quit. He is a very rich grown man who has done absolutely nothing to earn a single NBA dollar. It's not as if he is really passionate about playing basketball, as evidenced by the fact that he basically walks up and down the court, so there is no reason to feel sorry for him being so trash. Honestly, and I mean this, he should just retire. He should take the ton money he has made and get on with the rest of his life. Go enjoy life. YOU DO NOT BELONG ON A BASKETBALL COURT! He is not going to wake up one day and suddenly be better and he obviously has no interest in improving his game. I use to feel bad for him but at this point I could see that basketball is not really that important to him. If nothing else, feel sorry for the guy whos wedding cake Kwame ruined.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj24lal
Regardless of the player, SUPPORTers should never boo a player on their team... it's ridiculous. Kwame has shown how useless he can be and also shown how good he can be.. so I say now he has the opportunity to prove himself as our main center again, let's just back off and see what he does. If he plays crap, alright, he plays crap. But booing him for it? What is that? Kobe's absolutely right here and I think he's handled the situation exactly as he should.

Dont buy in to what Kobe is saying. He just started supporting his players a couple of days ago. Kwame is a bum. Bottom line. Look at the difference between Kwames development as opposed to Bynums. They both came into the league as kids. Bynum had the determination to improve and wanted to get better. Kwame has been the exact opposite. In fact, where is Kwame at when Bynum and Kareem are working on things? He should be there working OT. Kwame is not a basketball player, it is what it is. He is a fast food clerk in an NBA players body.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #8
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
The team was unanimous in their support for Kwame Brown. There was a sequence where he missed shots and turned the ball over with the crowd booing his every move. No one in the Laker locker room was happy with how he was treated by the fans.

- Kobe Bryant on Kwame, "I thought it was terrible actually. I don't think they should react to that and if they do they should stay home. He's going to be our center for two months and if anything they should support him. You can't tear him down. He's going to be our guy here for two months. We're going to ride with him. I told him 'I've got his back. I don't care how many times they boo you.'"

"He's our guy. We've got to continue to pick him. He's going to do fine. He's going to play well. He's going to play well next game - and they should chant his name next game."

Finally - "They're Laker fans. They should be here to support us and help us win - not to boo a guy who struggled even more. Kwame is sensitive. If you boo him, it's going to affect him. I think everybody here wants us to win - and we want to win. We have to do things that are going to encourage our guy to perform well and next game he'll do much better."

he makes a point, eventhough he sucksssss, we prob make him a little worse then he is, i meen we gta live with him for a while..

Lakers is in denial and lying up his a$$.

The support for him won't be there for long. Soon or later, it'll surface up. He's right about 'booing' does not help make the moment better. But he deserve it. Phil should not put him out if he T.O. too much. On the other hand, NBA is entertainment, it is not right to dictate how the fan should behave. NBA is profesional league. People pay alot to go to it. So if he play less than a professional, that boo reaction is well deserved and is his wakeup call that he is playing less than what people pay to go to see.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Lakers is in denial and lying up his a$$.

The support for him won't be there for long. Soon or later, it'll surface up. He's right about 'booing' does not help make the moment better. But he deserve it. Phil should not put him out if he T.O. too much. On the other hand, NBA is entertainment, it is not right to dictate how the fan should behave. NBA is profesional league. People pay alot to go to it. So if he play less than a professional, that boo reaction is well deserved and is his wakeup call that he is playing less than what people pay to go to see.

Co-Sign. Church. Tabernacle.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

In Kobe's case, he's trying to do the right thing by sticking for his teammate.

But as fans, you just cannot applaud missed dunks and 7 turnovers

If I'm Kwame I'd be out there shooting 100 layups and 100 dunks during practice, maybe more.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #11
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverThizz
Co-Sign. Church. Tabernacle.

And i'm co-signing right with you. Kwame's a bum and I just wish I was there so I could have not only booed his a$$ but told him how bad he sucks!!!!!!!!

Kobe saying the right things, as a leader that's what he is supposed to say. However he knows this morning he's talking to Mitch about getting Webber or ANYONE else to replace his big sorry a$$!!!!!!!!!!!
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #12
KB24
Kids at the park dunk on me

KB24 has an OK reputation so far

Some 'Lakers' fans we have.. Kwame is not an offensive player. Accept it. Dont expect him to make shots, its not what he does. Lakers play him for his defense. Anybody familiar with Rodman or Ben Wallace? Well nobody expects them to make shots why should anybody expect Kwame?

And no I'm not a Kwame fan; everytime he touches the ball I hope he doesnt shoot or fumble it. But I would never boo a Laker. I dont expect anything out of him other than 6 fouls to give, a big body, and decent defense.
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24
Some 'Lakers' fans we have.. Kwame is not an offensive player. Accept it. Dont expect him to make shots, its not what he does. Lakers play him for his defense. Anybody familiar with Rodman or Ben Wallace? Well nobody expects them to make shots why should anybody expect Kwame?

And no I'm not a Kwame fan; everytime he touches the ball I hope he doesnt shoot or fumble it. But I would never boo a Laker. I dont expect anything out of him other than 6 fouls to give, a big body, and decent defense.
Those are really bad examples. Atleast Rodman and Wallace were able to catch a ball and pass without f*cking things up. They could even score uncontested shots when needed. Kwame on the other hand, can do none of that and is only good at defense. And to be frank, his terrible offensive play outweighs anything he can do on the defensive end. As I said last night to my friend, we’d be better approaching some tall bum off the street and asking him to play the 5 for us.

At this point, I think we need to get rid of Kwame. It’s what’s best for the team. There is no reason why we shouldn’t have won that game other than Kwame’s turnovers and missed shots. If Bynum was here, we would have won it. =(
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24

cosign

but..... rodman wallace they dont miss wide open dunks
i dont care about his bad ft% his horrible misses after he makes a move, just after all the effort luke kobe etc.. spend getting hiom an uncontested layup/dunk just finish..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cut the guy some slack, he had the worst game of his career. I get it that he's struggling right now and even when he plays well he's an average center at best. The biggest problem is that he is playing injured and he doesn't play well when injured. thats not an excuse mind you. I'm just saying he's our only big body healthy enough to be on the floor and this is what we have to work with unless they Lakers can bring in Webber, PJ Brown or another big body to give Kwame some help. He'll bounce back.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: