Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default was it just me or was Kobe not interested in being on the floor in the 2nd and 3rd?

It sure seemed like Kobe not only had no interest in looking for a shot but had no interest in even being involved in the offenese during the second half of the 2nd quarter and the entire 3rd quarter. He'd pass the ball and just stand there, he didnt cut or move or anything.

It was shades of the playoff game last year where he stopped trying to do anything to prove whatever crazy point he was trying to prove.

Maybe he wanted to be buried by 20 points so he could single handedly bring them back, maybe I'm crazy lol.

Whats even more odd is how on it he was defensivlely in the first quarter and half. strange. anyways just one fans observation.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: was it just me or was Kobe not interested in being on the floor in the 2nd and 3rd?

No brother, I noticed it as well. I posted this in another thread

"Another thing. I hate when Kobe purposely doesnít shoot in order to prove his point. It fustrates me. Yeah we donít have the best group of guys without Kobe and Bynum so what kobe did last night is he took like 2 shots for 2 quarters. What he is trying to do is show the people in LA what kind of team they have without Bynum and Kobe. Damn KobeÖlol never gets it right. Dfish was horrible last night. Did he even score?

We have too many guys who just arenít bringing it like they used to and can.
Guys like
Kwame, Lamar, Luke, Dfish, these guys should be playing strong for us and donít get me wrong, they do sometimes but they have to start being consistent. Thatís a big reason why Kobe plays this Iím not going to shoot because when I do shoot everybody and their mom says I Shoot too much" _ Mr. Mean John
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: was it just me or was Kobe not interested in being on the floor in the 2nd and 3r

I think it was he was trying to complying and proving a case to those whiners who said he hogs the ball too much. And that is the result when he do less ball hogging (or offense). It exposes how weak the rest of the team really are.

He stepped up near the end because the rest could shoot squat. When he doesn't shoot much, people are satisfy with that the"team sucks" When he takes a lot of shots while the team sucks to bail the team, people complain of ball hogging. That's probably why he waits near the end to let others try whatever then he step up. I'd do the same if I'm him.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: was it just me or was Kobe not interested in being on the floor in the 2nd and 3rd?

Kobesbai, there is a difference between not shooting and not running the offense, Kobe wasn't running the offense, he didn't even fake it. It almost seemed like he wanted the team buried as deep as possible so he could take a crack at single handedly bringing them back. His D energy was also so inconsistant, such a strange game.

MJ on the bright side I think Luke, Kwame, and DFish all had season worst games and Lamar did his typical why slam when I can lay it up and miss thing a lot more than usual. Despite all that they Lakers still had a chance to win it in the 4th.

There are going to be games like this during a season, it would make it easier to swallow if Kobe actually tried to part of the team for 48 min.

And will somebody please remind Lamar he has a right hand and that is OK to try and slam EVERYTHING near the rim instead of laying it up?!?!?!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
alexthegod
Local High School Star

OMG I just turned into Kwame Brown! I airball my layups!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: was it just me or was Kobe not interested in being on the floor in the 2nd and 3r

I know what you mean...but damn if you do and damn if you don't shoot the balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
And will somebody please remind Lamar he has a right hand and that is OK to try and slam EVERYTHING near the rim instead of laying it up?!?!?!
I think his right hand is currently reserved for different kind of balls
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:02 PM   #7
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
I think his right hand is currently reserved for different kind of balls

Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #8
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It sure seemed like Kobe not only had no interest in looking for a shot but had no interest in even being involved in the offenese during the second half of the 2nd quarter and the entire 3rd quarter. He'd pass the ball and just stand there, he didnt cut or move or anything.

It was shades of the playoff game last year where he stopped trying to do anything to prove whatever crazy point he was trying to prove.

Maybe he wanted to be buried by 20 points so he could single handedly bring them back, maybe I'm crazy lol.

Whats even more odd is how on it he was defensivlely in the first quarter and half. strange. anyways just one fans observation.

it was just you.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
Domingo84
I airball my layups

Domingo84 has decent reputation

I Would Of Gave Up Too The Way That Suns Was Playing! One Man Can't Beat A Team! The Suns Had 6 Guys In Double Figures I Dont Think Any Team Would Of Beat The Suns That Night Even If The Lakers Had A Bynum The Suns Still Would Of Won! The Suns Was Out For Blood That Night And They Wasnt Going To Lose That Game.
Domingo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

so if i scores a ton.....he is a ball hog.....and if he is trying to get his teams involved and if those dumb fcuks cant make a shot to survive kobe is not intrested in being on the floor?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:33 AM   #11
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
so if i scores a ton.....he is a ball hog.....and if he is trying to get his teams involved and if those dumb fcuks cant make a shot to survive kobe is not intrested in being on the floor?

Exactly! And you wonder why Kobe is out of his mind most of the time. He's been cursed with so much "hate" his entire career (partially his fault, but mostly not).

I never thought for one second he wasn't "involved" in the offense. He was trying to get guys involved, but the other guys just plain sucked. They went one-on-one (Luke), missed open shots (Kwame et al.), and turned the ball over like it was covered in hog grease.

Everyone always says "if he would get his teammates involved early and often" then they would play better throughout the game. Well that's what he was trying to do (and it almost worked despite how sh*tty they played), but it just wasn't enough as the Suns hit every shot they took in the 4th quarter.

This kind of Kobe bullsh*t just pisses me off. Nothing he does is ever right. He scores a lot and we win, he didn't pass enough, he passes a lot and we lose, he didn't shoot enough. The dude took 22 SHOTS!!! Did you want another 44 shot attempt night? He took shots when he was open, passed the ball when doubled, and tried to run the offense through whomever was in the post. Still not enough for some of you. I fail to understand the thinking. It sickens me, I'm so tired of hearing it.

Look this is going to be a tough next 25+ games. Hopefully we'll go .500, but there will be many of these situations, where Kobe scores 30, the rest of the team sucks, and we lose. There will be games Kobe scores 45 and we lose. That's the way it's gonna be. We don't have the 2nd best player on our team! Realize that. But before you throw something at your TV, remember the playoffs aren't until April, and Big Bynum will be back in full swing by then.

Last edited by LakerDynasty00 : 01-20-2008 at 03:35 AM.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #12
alexthegod
Local High School Star

lol, man you'd think I put up a I hate Kobe post. I'm just saying I think he had an off game, and for whatever reason didn't seem to have his head in the game for that stretch. It was really odd how hard he played in the 1st and 4th but was lackluster in the 2nd and 3rd. Making an observation ;) I'm not worried or hatin'
Old 01-22-2008, 02:55 AM   #13
Sailor
Kids at the park dunk on me

Sailor has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

According to these guys, exactly

That was the tactic, and it worked. He played at #3, made very nice assists, found open men and they made all critical open shots. It was a big and important W

Does somebody has to critisize something or somebody everytime ?
Why don't you just ENJOY ?

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 PM   #14
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Kobe bounced back to have his best passing game of the season, that was really nice to see and not just because of the assists. He took advantage of the Nuggets overplaying him and doubling him pretty far away from the rim. Once that ball started moving the Lakers got open looks, good stuf Lakers!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
Exactly! And you wonder why Kobe is out of his mind most of the time. He's been cursed with so much "hate" his entire career (partially his fault, but mostly not).

I never thought for one second he wasn't "involved" in the offense. He was trying to get guys involved, but the other guys just plain sucked. They went one-on-one (Luke), missed open shots (Kwame et al.), and turned the ball over like it was covered in hog grease.

Everyone always says "if he would get his teammates involved early and often" then they would play better throughout the game. Well that's what he was trying to do (and it almost worked despite how sh*tty they played), but it just wasn't enough as the Suns hit every shot they took in the 4th quarter.

This kind of Kobe bullsh*t just pisses me off. Nothing he does is ever right. He scores a lot and we win, he didn't pass enough, he passes a lot and we lose, he didn't shoot enough. The dude took 22 SHOTS!!! Did you want another 44 shot attempt night? He took shots when he was open, passed the ball when doubled, and tried to run the offense through whomever was in the post. Still not enough for some of you. I fail to understand the thinking. It sickens me, I'm so tired of hearing it.

Look this is going to be a tough next 25+ games. Hopefully we'll go .500, but there will be many of these situations, where Kobe scores 30, the rest of the team sucks, and we lose. There will be games Kobe scores 45 and we lose. That's the way it's gonna be. We don't have the 2nd best player on our team! Realize that. But before you throw something at your TV, remember the playoffs aren't until April, and Big Bynum will be back in full swing by then.

It's not that.
It's just when he doesnít shoot as much as he normally does its fine. But when he takes like 2 shots in 2 quarters? You see it seems as if he wants to prove a point. Itís funny because usually this overly passive Kobe comes after a night where he takes too many shots. If you look at the games, the approach he is taking is, ok Iím going to try to take as few shots as possible and show everybody how bad this team really is. If you noticed when you see this passive Kobe, our defense isnít as great as it can be. Also, you can see it in the guys. They know when Kobe is being that ďFine! I wont take any shotsĒ guy. Dfish, Lamar, and Phil, all these guys know what he is trying to accomplish. Yesterday against the nuggets, our team was just rolling. Kobe took 7 shots, and they were within the offense. There was no need for Kobe to take so many shots because we are in a rhythm, but against The suns we needed to mix it up with a bit of Kobe shooting and he wouldnít do it. Iím not sure if you understand the difference
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: