Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 01-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Clips forced to rebuild at seasons end?

It is possible these players will leave Clippertown at seasons end.
1. Maggette (opt out)
2. Cassell (FA)
3. Livinginston (restricted FA)
4. Brand
They'd be back where they usual are, 30+ mil under the cap and not much to work with on the roster Any thoughts as to what happens with these guys?

1. I think Maggette tests the FA market and eventually lands elsehwere.
2. Long shot at best to return.
3. Tricky, if someone offers him a big contract it makes this a tough decision for the Clips, but at least they have the right to match. I'd say 50/50 at this point.
4. If Maggette and Sam I am bolt, I can't see why he'd want to stick around, although he seems like a loyal guy. again 50/50 in my mind
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Clips forced to rebuild at seasons end?

i hope maggette or brand get traded to the bulls!
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Considering we're the nd oldest team in the NBA (behind only the Spurs)Z we do need to add youth at some point in the near future. Rebuilding, however, isn't necessairy. When you look at this year, no matter how bad it is, it is essential to keep in mind that two vital cogs in the team chemistry are missing: Livingston and Brand. Throw in Kaman and you have not only a solid, but a very talented core. There is no reason to break that up just because we're in panic mode because of the poor season. If we can get Maggette back at a reasonable price, then I'm all for it, but let's not break the bank. Cassell, Aaron Williams, and Dickau are all veterans that probably won't be back next year. We don't need to rebuiuld. We just need to keep making sure there's generations below so that when our stars fall, we have people to catch them.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Clippers may not have a choice as the only contract they control is Livingston. Brand, Maggette, and Cassell can leave and there is nothing the Clips can do
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1] Hope he leaves. Thornton will be better next year.

2] He should be gone by the deadline

3] Will be back

4] Should pick up his PO.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

darabzarrabi has decent reputation

I dont think the Maggette loss would be too big...if Sterling didnt have a man-crush on him, I think it would ship him out and attach Mobley for some expiring contract. There will be some good young FAs (JR Smith/Gerald Green) this summer to go with a lotto pick this year Livingston coming back, and Elton should stay here too because he wont get more money anywhere else. It is just so hard to have faith in the front office its upsetting
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
Nbafan77
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Nbafan77 has an OK reputation so far

Hmm well I doubt cassel will leave. He is nearing the end of his career at 35 something years old. However Maggette may leave, only because he may feel he is going nowhere and getting old fast. Brand I think will stay, because from what I have seen from interviews and things on him he is loyal and I think he really wants to bring this team from the ashes next year.

I hope he does I want the clips and lakers to meet in the finals.
Nbafan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: