Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-20-2008, 12:54 AM   #1
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here
Default Super Smash Bros Updates

I realize there is a thread, but it was simply discussing waiting for the release. These are updates I found pretty interesting, from ign.com. First off, older updates that some of you may not have heard, the new characters consist of Captain Olimar from Pikmin, Diddy Kong from Donkey Kong Country, Ike from Fire Emblem and King Decade from Kirby's Dream Land. A new item will also be included, called the Assist Trophy, similar to a PokeBall it will summon a random character, but they will be old Nintendo mascots, like Andross, Gray Fox, Devil, Excitebiker and Dr.Wright.

More recent updates, one that was announced today will be Sticker Power-ups. Collectable stickers will give bonuses, like magic armour or things like that in other games, to characters of your choice. They can get added stats to magic, and other categories. As well, Zelda will be able to transform into Sheik through Down +B. And Captain Olimar's special attack, which sounds interesting is when he gets a Smash Ball, he can summon his spaceship, then get in it and fly up into the sky. The sun will set on the stage, and those left below will be beaten up by unseen characters.

That's all for now. I'm really excited about this game, and I'll have to find some way to play it, as I only have a 360 right now.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Super Smash Bros Updates

I'm hoping that Nintendo consoles go out of business so they are forced to make Mario games for the 360 and ps3.

I love Mario games, I love Smash Bros, but it would be nice to play them without having to spend about 150-200 dollars for a console that I wouldn't even touch. I have no interest in waving a magic wand around in order to play a video game. Unless it's guitar hero or rock band, I am not interested in simulation games.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

This game has been delayed yet another month, and is now scheduled to release on March 9, 2008. It's annoying that they keep pushing back the date. Check here for the latest updates: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

Anyway, there are some things I really like about this new game from what I've seen. I love some of the new character additions. Sonic is the best addition, because he absolutely needed to be in this game for rivalry purposes. Snake was another terrific ad, because he has made the game more bad-ass just by being a new character in it. Zero Suit Samus, Diddy Kong, and Wario are other great ads. I just hope the game keeps Falco and Mr. Game & Watch.

Another feature I love is the number of stages in this game. Many of the old favorites are there, plus they have a variety of new great-looking ones.

Finally, I'm looking forward to the online mode also. It should be fun playing and competing against people around the world by using different characters. There are a bunch of other new features that should make the game great.

Although the release keeps getting delayed, it may be a good thing. The producers of the game are not ready to release this anticipated "best-selling game" until everything is absolutely right. I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets pushed back even further later on, but they're trying to get everything right with this so people can be happy with it.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
I'm hoping that Nintendo consoles go out of business so they are forced to make Mario games for the 360 and ps3.

I love Mario games, I love Smash Bros, but it would be nice to play them without having to spend about 150-200 dollars for a console that I wouldn't even touch. I have no interest in waving a magic wand around in order to play a video game. Unless it's guitar hero or rock band, I am not interested in simulation games.

I completely agree. That would take the 360 or PS3 consoles to a whole new level.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps

that's really too bad...i'm having so much fun with mario galaxy...I guess you'll have to buy a wii if you wanna play it.

you say you don't wanna wave a magic wand? Then maybe you should stop dreaming about a magic box that you can play everything on...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #6
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
that's really too bad...i'm having so much fun with mario galaxy...I guess you'll have to buy a wii if you wanna play it.

you say you don't wanna wave a magic wand? Then maybe you should stop dreaming about a magic box that you can play everything on...

It's true though. Developing games? Nintendo is the best in the business and it's not close. Developing systems? Nintendo's is the worst.

I've always been a big fan, but this new direction they are taking I just don't dig. The touchscreen on the DS, the Wii-Mote, if anything they are making the games worse.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
It's true though. Developing games? Nintendo is the best in the business and it's not close. Developing systems? Nintendo's is the worst.

I've always been a big fan, but this new direction they are taking I just don't dig. The touchscreen on the DS, the Wii-Mote, if anything they are making the games worse.

2007 sales suggest differently…

It is nice to see game play become a factor in game development again. Video games had become stagnant with focus on graphics, glamor and glitz. I appreciate good game play since I do not play my games in pause. I still have fun playing Nintendo (8-bit) then anything on the PS3 because the games are way more fun…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R

It is nice to see game play become a factor in game development again. Video games had become stagnant with focus on graphics, glamor and glitz. I appreciate good game play since I do not play my games in pause. I still have fun playing Nintendo (8-bit) then anything on the PS3 because the games are way more fun…

Yes, I'm definately going to take sales over my personal experience. Nintendogs and Brain Training were much better games then Zelda, because they sold more.
Get out of here with that bull****.

Nintendo is focussing more and more on Brain Training and Wii Sports type games to appeal to adults and little kids and more of those untapped audiences. That also means they make less games that appeal to me. Besides, a lot of the new gameplay it brings is just retarded. Shouting in a microphone to defeat an enemy? Waving my arms up and down in a running minigame? No thanks, give me my real controller back.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #9
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

well said
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:

I bet you anything that the sales have something to do with little kid's parents not wanting to pay an extra 100 dollars for a 360/PS3 that has more violent games. And kids would generally rather play Mario, Pokemon, etc. than Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, etc. And kids would have more fun with the wii control than a standard Dual Shock 360/PS3 control. I bet if there was a survey for only the console buyers for customers/recipients ranging from the late teens up, the majority of the consoles are PS3s and 360s.

If I was a graphic junky then I wouldn't be playing guitar hero 3. Graphics isn't everything. I play games because of how fun they are. I was a huge nintendo fan. I played the **** out of Goldeneye, Mario, etc. But in todays age, I have more fun with Cod4, Halo3, GH3, etc. than I do with Mario, Pokemon, etc.

Last edited by clipps : 01-25-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532

I don't think I'll worry too much when I play COD4 online, or Guitar Hero 3 AND 2 with a more reliable guitar and DLC. Damn I didn't even mention GTA 4. I guess you'll have to buy a 360 or a PS3 if you wanna play it

Quote:

Old 01-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #12
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

American teens prefer console such as the PS3 or the 360 because they offer the 'better' looking games. How is it that it is still hard after 14 months to walk into a store and purchase a Nintendo Wii? For every Wii Sports there is a Zack & Wiki. For every Brain Traning there is a Contra 4. There are games for every demographic on the DS. PSP for the first 2 years were noting but ports of PSX/PS2 games and severly lacked orignal IPs.

As I said, I value gameplay over graphics. I play more older games than PS3/360/Wii games because they are more FUN. Thats the thing, I can play a game thats 15 years old and have more fun playing that than playing a game like Heavenly Sword, and not touch it ever again. Nintendo has been in the business of video games since the 70's and have a good idea of how to make quality games. Sony only go into the video game business because of Nintendo…

And if you check the stats of the average video game player, you will find that the bulk of the "gamers" are in their early 30's. This demographic not only has good money but has enough to afford more than one console and judging by sales, they are buying the Wii and the 360.

I do not claim loyalty to any one console manufacturer. I have every one of them -- I got 15 f'in consoles hooked up to my TV and another 8 obscure consoles on another TV.

If you'd ask me the best console, I would have said Dreamcast :
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #13
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

i love how people class nintendo as "for kids" and then they talk about how "adult" halo is.

oh and contra 4 ftw!

remember the old days when nes was replaced by snes? we got the cool graphics and stereo sound, but equally if not more important than that we got a better controller with more buttons and the introduction of shoulder buttons. then when snes was replaced by n64 and playstation, we got really awesome graphics and 3d gaming, but the big step forward here was the interface - the analog stick that made games like goldeneye and perfect dark some of the best fps gaming experiences done yet!

now with the last few iterations, we're getting the graphical upgrades, but sony and microsoft seem to have lost their way when it comes to the interface.

i mean don't get me wrong, i have a 360 and i love it, and i do feel that HD graphics are important to gaming right now. but, i think the wiimote is infinitely more important to gaming right now than any resolutions/pixels could ever be.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #14
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

i found a whole bunch of leaked stuff. they website might not work at first but you have to keep trying.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=139641
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #15
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
i found a whole bunch of leaked stuff. they website might not work at first but you have to keep trying.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=139641

Yeah they accidentally leaked a whole bunch of characters.

Returning Characters that will be in the game that people didn't know before:
Falco
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Capt. Falcon
Marth
Ganandorf
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch

New Characters that will be in the game that people didn't know before:
Lucario
Robot (from NES)