Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-21-2008, 01:07 AM   #31
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: deja vu (Ariza breaks bone in foot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Get a load of this guy. OMG!! Shame on Odom because he didnt look into the ground when grabbing a rebound and moved his ****ing foot accordingly.

lol you know that Im just upset Odom is still here.

He's a curse. I want him gone!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:58 AM   #32
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol you know that Im just upset Odom is still here.

He's a curse. I want him gone!

Ok. From what I've read, your basically saying that its Lamarís fault that Ariza, Kwame, and Bynum are injured and or have been injured.

First of all, Odom is a team guy. Thinks team before himself.(Thatís why he has given Lakers his all, even playing injured and during the loss of his son)
I donít remember it being Lamarís fault that Kwame got injured. I donít.

Second of all, you cant really say that it was Lamar that injured Ariza because you werenít there to witness it. First Iím assuming that the article broke out like that, according to Hotsizzle, and was later changed. Hmmmm, seems like the article was either incorrect or misleading.

Finally, if you watch that play where Bynum got injured. You have got be crazy to say its Lamarís fault. First of all you cant blame a guy when he is trying to get every rebound. Can you? And if your answer was ďyes, I can blame himĒ, then you got some problems.

If you watch the play Darko is trying to get the ball and then you see Andrew Bynum and he battling for position and the ball bounces a bit farther then expected. At the same time Lamar is focused on the ball and jumps forward to it and then he gets tangled with Darko. Split second before that Andrew was in position to grab the rebound but because it bounced further Andrew walks backwards(Not looking where he was going) and leaned back and jumped back a bit and then both Lamar and Bynum fall. Darko was in there muscling with Bynum and looks like a bit of a shove to Bynum and then another to Lamar and then Lamar and Bynum both fall.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:00 AM   #33
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Ok. From what I've read, your basically saying that its Lamarís fault that Ariza, Kwame, and Bynum are injured and or have been injured.

First of all, Odom is a team guy. Thinks team before himself.(Thatís why he has given Lakers his all, even playing injured and during the loss of his son)
I donít remember it being Lamarís fault that Kwame got injured. I donít.

Second of all, you cant really say that it was Lamar that injured Ariza because you werenít there to witness it. First Iím assuming that the article broke out like that, according to Hotsizzle, and was later changed. Hmmmm, seems like the article was either incorrect or misleading.

Finally, if you watch that play where Bynum got injured. You have got be crazy to say its Lamarís fault. First of all you cant blame a guy when he is trying to get every rebound. Can you? And if your answer was ďyes, I can blame himĒ, then you got some problems.

If you watch the play Darko is trying to get the ball and then you see Andrew Bynum and he battling for position and the ball bounces a bit farther then expected. At the same time Lamar is focused on the ball and jumps forward to it and then he gets tangled with Darko. Split second before that Andrew was in position to grab the rebound but because it bounced further Andrew walks backwards(Not looking where he was going) and leaned back and jumped back a bit and then both Lamar and Bynum fall. Darko was in there muscling with Bynum and looks like a bit of a shove to Bynum and then another to Lamar and then Lamar and Bynum both fall.

thank god, i was starting to think i was the last one that acutally watched the games...lamar is all about the team and marion would not do any better in this team.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:20 AM   #34
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm talking to a wall...

Last edited by lakerfreak : 01-21-2008 at 04:36 AM.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:33 AM   #35
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

I understand you, don't worry.
But i wasn't lamars fault, hes just unlucky atm. However i do now believe that we need to ship hes ass out of LA.

Also OMG at all the injuries, hello again to 06-07 season. Common Drew heal ur ass up and quick!!!!
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #36
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
http://cbs2.com/sports/Trevor.Ariza.....2.634243.html

Listen, I understand that Lamar *tries* to play hard, and occasional has a big game on the boards, but his productive games are less than 50% of the time, and I honestly think his overall lack of smarts is what is causing him to bang up his teammates. It's well known that he's a 'rebound thief' and goes after boards that other Laker are in better position for, that's how Andrew got injured, and could possibly be behind Ariza's injury as well, although since there's no video of it, we'll never know. It was also one of his "I saw it coming a mile away" offensive fouls that knocked Ben Wallace into Kwame's legs taking him down for an extended period, another play that if he had any smarts at all he never would have made (driving left? Lamar? No way, who woulda thunk it? Ben Wallace doesn't play defense, I'm sure he'll get the blocking call....).

I'm not even going to get into the stupid "Hair Star" he was sporting until a few weeks ago. I also think Kobe gets incredibly frustrated with Odom's lack of focus at terrible shot selection during crunch time, and I don't think the two of them have ever gelled at all.

So there you go, me expanding on why he's a "cancer" to this team. It includes his lack of smarts, inconsistent play, overpaid contract and knack to injure both himself and his teammates with alarming regularity.

Ok. Im not trying to light up an old flame or keep this debate going. But on n b a . c o m the article says that it was Dfish's foot.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...ck=2&cset=true
Old 01-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #37
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

fukcin lamar!!!!!!

can this season get any worse.....ive given up!!
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #38
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Ariza out 8 weeks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #39
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is a repeat of last year...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #40
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Omgosh.

Man what is it with this health bug? Damn man...
I dont know anymore, when people were saying we were going to be a 10th seed, I thought they were crazy, now I'm starting to loose hope.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #41
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

8 WEEKS!?!?! Man, season over. By the time we get healthy we may be hanging in there for 8th and final spot, if that.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #42
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

We still have Kobe...if we play .500 during this stretch, we will still have a chance at 50 wins once we get out guys back. Its on Lamar and Luke now...the margin of error is slim to none
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:24 PM   #43
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
We still have Kobe...if we play .500 during this stretch, we will still have a chance at 50 wins once we get out guys back. Its on Lamar and Luke now...the margin of error is slim to none

Whats the chances of Luke pulling his head out of his a$$?

Lamar seems to be stepping up parts of his game up and I dont see it as his fault the others got injured. But Luke has been like the plague lately.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #44
Emile
National High School Star

Emile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I'm talking to a wall...

Don't worry Lakerfreak, your old buddy OneWay is here to drop by and give you some support, we both know how much Odom really sucks.
Odom or no Odom, game is still the same, unchanged any way, no adjustments made either by us or the opposing team, oh yeah, real definition of a game winning MOFO right there!
There's a good reason why he's french kissing the very bottom of the impact stats for PF's but it really can be seen with a naked eye, too, don't need stats to tell me the obvious.
No impact whatsoever, everything he does is tainted, every skill he has is tainted, every natural talent is tainted, for every positive there's a negative and on top, he's a terrible fit and always has been.
Yes, this was all an accident, Ariza, Bynum...can't blame Odom for that.
But it sums up his presence on the Lakers perfectly. Somehow with him...bad things just keep happening.
And now that Bynum is gone and Odom needs to step up again...may God save us from the deja vu because we all know the story of Odom and impacting games by actually being visible and stepping up.
But hey, he's a low IQ, low profile veteran leader who needs to be told to wake up during games, average to bad defense, no floor spreading, no clutch ability intangibles player!!!
In fact, it's on his nba.com page, just read it. Everything there is to know about Odom's impact.
Keep preaching the truth, Lakerfreak!! lol.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #45
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

damn, people Ariza is a nice player but it's not like Kobe or Lamar went down. Expect Kobe to see more time at the 3 and a combo of Farmar/J-Critt/Sasha getting more min at the 2.

Emile, hate on Odom all you want, this team needs his rebounding and defense which is pretty solid. We all know he isn't a scorer and isn't a clutch outside shooter, but this this years team can't compete without his rebounding and D at the 4 spot.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: